vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like most on here I'd love to see Kobe at lock to start with, but maybe Kev is thinking a bigger body to start the game as the game is going to be played in the wet. He than can bring Kobe on to sort out whichever opposition player that seems to be making good yards against us.

The Terminator from the bench can be just as devastating.

Seems to me Kevvie wants cover for the backrow but didn't want to drop Flegler, Jensen or Palasia to bring TC in so he's decided to shift Kobe to the bench and Patty to lock.
I'd say Kobe will sub on for Patty/Jensen to play lock, like he did to start the year, and Patty will shift into the prop rotation, like he did to start the year.

Palasia will then be the cover for second row, like he has done a few times this year already.

Kobe has been averaging around 40 mins this year, regardless of whether he comes from the bench or starts, and his most minutes for the year was 51mins coming off the bench in round 3 against the cows, so it's actually more beneficial for him to come off the bench.

He can come on at around 30mins for Patty or Haas, play for 10mins have a spell over halftime and then eventually come off when he's fatigued.

Have you watched any manly games this year? Whilst he has more talent than Kennedy, Kennedy is without a doubt playing better then him this year. And Kennedy isn't even making our starting 17 this week...
Where they have used him on an edge, and not the middle where he is best suited? Yes I have watched them. I'm sure if we put Kennedy on an edge he would struggle.

Kevvie has stated before that he wants someone at lock that provides an extra attacking option etc. That is an area Kobe has been lacking in.

He's made two offloads this year. Patty likes to get an offload away so perhaps that's why Patty is at lock.

It's not that Carrigan will be playing lock when Kobe is off but I would prefer both of them on the field at the same time.

Kobe definitely needs to up his minutes though, but this isn't life of death I'm sure jensen will be first off.

Maybe that gives Haas a poke to think of the offload now and then.

How strong does our forward stocks look suddenly. I reckon there are going to be a few forwards in that Manly side worried. We have a strong, strong forward pack and they are all skilful too. Plus a couple of them really pack a punch in defense.

While we all want Kobe at lock I actually don’t hate it as much as I used to. Both Patty and Haas have added a lot of ball playing to their games and Hetherington has forgone the ball playing and instead has been hitting the space between defenders at at speed and diving to his stomach for a quick play the ball. So we aren’t actually losing ball playing by putting Patty at 13.

Having Hetho come on against tired defenders with his straight and hard runs is probably actually the best way to use him at the moment.

And credit to Jensen. He's keeping both Flegs and Patty out of the starting prop spot and it is hard to argue against it too. What a great pick up he's been.
I wasn't expecting too much from Jensen and didn't expect him to make the 17 as such. Just because I haven't seen or heard his name much i didnt value him. But Jensen has been a great pick up and showing why giving players who work hard their opportunity. Melbourne are the perfect example and we really do seem to be turning this club around in the right direction.

All of a sudden we have punch and impact off the bench. Flegler, Hetherington & Palasia are great assets to have against tiring defences. With Hass and Carrigan able to play long, quality minutes it’s a good spot to be in.

And credit to Jensen. He's keeping both Flegs and Patty out of the starting prop spot and it is hard to argue against it too. What a great pick up he's been.
I have a theory that DD stole the Storm Magic Dust program, loaded it onto a USB and bought it up to Brisbane and Jensen is the first name it spat out.

I have a theory that DD stole the Storm Magic Dust program, loaded it onto a USB and bought it up to Brisbane and Jensen is the first name it spat out.

It's looking like DD is copying the Storm recruitment plan.

Te Maire Martin, filling in nicely at fullback. Jensen playing out of his skin. Capewell, a decent backrower but nothing special, is proving to be the glue for our left side defence.

They all have one thing in common, they all put in. They play with effort and they are playing simple footy. They aren't trying to do any fancy shit. They are sticking to the gameplan and doing their part.

Those are the type of players the Storm have been recruiting for the past decade or so.

Let's see if it stays that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Financeguy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Skathen
  • BroncoFan94
  • Wolfie
  • Brocko
  • Broncorob
  • Hurrijo
  • Cavalo
  • Johnny92
  • The Boss
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.