Round 10 - Broncos vs Sea Eagles - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capewell's top of the pile when it comes to QCup but has, to this point, always looked out of his depth at NRL level.

Be interesting to see how the Broncs use him off the bench (if they use him at all).

What role does he play in QCup (i.e. 80 minute 5/8?)

Yeah the second game has been Bulldogs vs Titans for a couple of years now and each year without fail there is a fight in the crowd (I've never seen even one incident in the crowd in 5 years of Broncos membership). Maybe it's the extra 90 minutes of pre-game fuel, or maybe just the Titans and Doggies supporters vying for bogan supporters of the century award

Not really surprising, is it? They are all massive bogans. They've either been out drinking before the game or they've been in the stadium paying overs for booze. And for some of them, their team is losing.

I have seen a few dust ups at Broncos games though.

I have a hunch Capewell might be there to come in to the halves with Hunt moving to hooker to give Macca a breather. I just don't reckon you'd want to put Capewell at hooker (mainly defensively). Interesting though.

Interesting how they might make that work. Macca gets a rest, Hunt to 9 Capewell to 7 then what? Hunt doesn't play 80 normally so does he go for a rest or stay on. It might depend on the state of the game.

Interesting how they might make that work. Macca gets a rest, Hunt to 9 Capewell to 7 then what? Hunt doesn't play 80 normally so does he go for a rest or stay on. It might depend on the state of the game.

I really don't know. I just don't see Capewell filling that bench hooker role well. But hey, in Hook we trust.

Capwell filled in at Hooker in the trials didn't he?? I doubt Hook is silly enough to be changing halfbacks for no good reason mid game.

Maybe it's a more sophisticated version of having Norman on the bench from last year.
So when Macca comes off Capewell to 5/8, Norman to FB, Hoffman to wing and Beale to hooker.

Genius.

I have a hunch Capewell might be there to come in to the halves with Hunt moving to hooker to give Macca a breather. I just don't reckon you'd want to put Capewell at hooker (mainly defensively). Interesting though.

There's nothing stopping Hunt from defending in the middle and Capewell out wider if you chucked him into hooker.

Maybe it's a more sophisticated version of having Norman on the bench from last year.
So when Macca comes off Capewell to 5/8, Norman to FB, Hoffman to wing and Beale to hooker.

Genius.
Ugh so much switching.

Challenge week. We better when this, I would hate too see a ****ing Manly logo on the forum.

Another tough game this week. Warriors went better than I expected, mainly because our forwards dominated for periods. I think you'll have an easier time against King and Kite, though their backrow is all class. I haven't been overly impressed by Manly this year though, and they looked average against the Waiders. Home ground advantage, backing the Broncs here..

The Broncos are due for a win in a double header

Yeah this game was going to be a real test before Wallace and all the changes. Surely you wouldn't want to take Hoffman out of position? Guy hasn't put a foot wrong at full back and has been safe as houses for us. And when it comes to fullbacks Stewart's not the best when the opposition's coming full bore at him under the high ball. He even lets the odd one bounce near his own try line? Not saying the guy isn't a good player but hope he gets peppered all night with Reed and Co racing thru. We gotta get our kicking game in order though with Wallace out in this one.
This match should be a beauty...and can't wait to get the win!

Been thinking about the game and as some people have said Manly can score from anywhere around the field. This will be all about defence for Brisbane.

Yeah i suppose it's only Hunt with Capwell coming off the bench. The Gagai drama was a bit of a spanner in the works as well. Can't say I'm totally convinced by Hunt but know he's got it in him so hope he has a blinder Friday night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Maddy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Brotherdu
  • broncos4life
  • broncsgoat
  • BroncsNBundy
  • lynx000
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • ezpz
  • LittleDavey
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Organix
  • eggstar10
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Santa
  • Manifesto
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.