Round 10 - Broncos vs Titans - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
well watching the raiders performance today i dare say milford wont be backflipping

Titans are the type of side we can beat, we are specials next week.

We can win next week. We need either hook to be gone or for him to stand up and coach. Hof needs to go back to the wing or to fullback where his running game can be utilised. I would really like Reed to be in a Jets, norths uniform and have copely in the centre and Maranta if need be on the wing (he has done a better job this year). Barba to 5/8, no need to have players switching position mid game and confusing the **** out of things, let Barba play what he see's and take the line on. I actually really think Hunt and Barba could be a great combination. Hof and Hunt are not and that is no fault of Hunt. While on him I think he was the most mature player out there on the field last night, he made a choice at half time to take the game on and he did, very commendable.

Greg Bird has been put on report for a lifting tackle on Goodwin.

Wasn't particularly ugly but if he has any priors he's a chance of missing the game against us which is a blow for the Titans.

Greg Bird has been put on report for a lifting tackle on Goodwin.

Wasn't particularly ugly but if he has any priors he's a chance of missing the game against us which is a blow for the Titans.

Great, Griffin gets another free pass because of unrelated circumstances. ffs.

well watching the raiders performance today i dare say milford wont be backflipping

If the teams performance had anything to do with it, why would he have even gone to the Raiders in the first place? Why would he have re-signed?

1 barba
2 vidot
3 copley
4 hodges
5 hoffman
6 paia'aua
7 hunt
8 hannant
9 macca
10 mcguire
11 gillett
12 thaiday
13 parker

14 glenn
15 oates
16 wallace
17 granville

Great team... Shame we won't ever see it

we will be close to bottom of ladder after this round. well done griffin. everyone thought we were ok after round 1

I'm still pretty confident about winning this game. We've got a really good record against the Titans and they aren't a real crash hot team themselves and are overrated by their fans.

I have a feeling we won't see Hannant miss out again next week.

Unless Griffin has sunk to an even lower low, like "20000 Leagues under the Sea" is Mt Everest compared to where he is.

1. Barba.
2. Vidot
3. Reed
4. Copley.
5. Oates
6. Hodges.
7. Hunt
8. Hannant,
9. Macca
10. Maguire
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday.
13. Parker

14. Glenn.
15. Wallace
16. Hala
17. Granville.

This would be my team. One of the biggest back lines in the comp which helps to offset our lack of size in the pack. Very solid defensively and at least with Hodges at 5/8 he and our outside backs will see some quality ball. Reed is playing poorly, but I reckon if he has someone inside him who actually knows when to pass he will improve. Oats and Vidot are 2 big wingers who act as extra forwards on tackles 1 & 2 to get us on the front foot. Oates was the find of the year last year on the wing and quite frankly isn't needed in the back row with our current depth there. At the other end of the field both he and Vidot are tall cross field kick options or barge over candidates if we can get them one on one with some of the smaller wingers in the comp. Hoffman only makes my team if either Oates or Vidot are injured because whenever I see him play wing or centre, someone usually scores a try from close range just by running straight over him.

As per previous posts, I am aware the above will never happen, but it is nice to dream.

Hodges is better than Hoffman, but he still can't kick (he'd probably get injured if he tried), and he's also just another edge player.

This whole drama with our number 6 is just an utter, utter disgrace. It's as if the club never even thought of a time when Lockyer wasn't playing anymore. Shortsighted incompetence of the worst degree.

This whole drama with our number 6 is just an utter, utter disgrace. It's as if the club never even thought of a time when Lockyer wasn't playing anymore. Shortsighted incompetence of the worst degree.
They did but they thought Corey Norman lol sucks I know..

1. Barba.
2. Vidot
3. Reed
4. Copley.
5. Oates
6. Hodges.
7. Hunt
8. Hannant,
9. Macca
10. Maguire
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday.
13. Parker

14. Glenn.
15. Wallace
16. Hala
17. Granville.

This would be my team. One of the biggest back lines in the comp which helps to offset our lack of size in the pack. Very solid defensively and at least with Hodges at 5/8 he and our outside backs will see some quality ball. Reed is playing poorly, but I reckon if he has someone inside him who actually knows when to pass he will improve. Oats and Vidot are 2 big wingers who act as extra forwards on tackles 1 & 2 to get us on the front foot. Oates was the find of the year last year on the wing and quite frankly isn't needed in the back row with our current depth there. At the other end of the field both he and Vidot are tall cross field kick options or barge over candidates if we can get them one on one with some of the smaller wingers in the comp. Hoffman only makes my team if either Oates or Vidot are injured because whenever I see him play wing or centre, someone usually scores a try from close range just by running straight over him.

As per previous posts, I am aware the above will never happen, but it is nice to dream.

i would probably rather see oates into the centres over reed with hoffy in at wing, i just cant see reed ever being that great without a lockyer inside him, his defence is alright but in that first year i think locky made him look alot better then he actually is with pinpoint balls putting him straight into gaps, and also some perfect crossfield kicks that he did well to bring in, but all in all nothing that most centres wouldnt be capable of.

it really is amazing how good a decent halves pairing can make players outside them look sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Gaz
  • MrTickyMcG
  • TimWhatley
  • Nerd
  • Manofoneway
  • broncos4life
  • Old Mate
  • lynx000
  • Manifesto
  • Lurker
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bucking Beads
  • Morkel
  • RolledOates
  • Tim K
  • Big Del
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.