10.McGuire
11.Gillett
12.Thaiday
13.Parker

14.Granville
15.Hala
16.Kennedy
17.Copley

I know Copley on the bench might raise some questions but he has the size to come on and eat up metres like a back rower and can cover any back line injuries.

1.Barba
2.Vidot
3.Oates
4.Hodges
5.Hoffman
6.Strasser
7.Hunt
8.Hannant
9.Macca
10.McGuire
11.Gillett
12.Thaiday
13.Parker

14.Granville
15.Hala
16.Kennedy
17.Copley

I know Copley on the bench might raise some questions but he has the size to come on and eat up metres like a back rower and can cover any back line injuries.

Or Alex Glenn for Copley. Just don't think Glenn has had much impact of late.

Copley was probably the form player of our side while Hodges was injured. He needs to be in the Centres. How Jack Reed gets a gig ahead of him is truly mind boggling. You think for a minute, if we got another coach in for the game this week, say Michael Maguire, do you think he'd pick Jack Reed at all? Be honest.

My team:

1. Hoffman
2. Vidot
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Oates
6. Barba
7. Hunt

8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Granville
15. Kennedy
16. Wallace
17. Glenn

I don't think Barba should be playing Fullback for the moment. His kick returns are easily the poorest of any Fullback in the comp. He's always forced back 5-10 meters and gets a slow play the ball. Make him defend in the line on the left, but maybe either put Copley inside him to help, or push one of the forwards, maybe Parker closer to him to help on the defensive duties.

Use Hoffman for kick returns to eat some meters. He's safe under the high ball and we can also use him as a line runner out in the Centres, or a good decoy runner.

The more I think about Oates, the more I think back to his form at the end of last year. As was mentioned above, we have a million Backrowers. He was a revelation on the Wing. Just put him back there. Oates, Vidot and Hoffman starting our sets is pretty formidable.

1.Barba
2.Vidot
3.Oates
4.Hodges
5.Hoffman
6.Strasser
7.Hunt
8.Hannant
9.Macca
10.McGuire
11.Gillett
12.Thaiday
13.Parker

14.Granville
15.Hala
16.Kennedy
17.Copley

If any of the backs should drop to the bench it should be Vidot. He is definitely capable of playing 2nd row.

I'd love to see Oates start in the centres in place of Reed.

I think the kid could become the next Gene Miles.

My side:

1. Barba
2. Vidot
3. Oates
4. Copley
5. Hoffman
6. Hodges
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Hannant
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker
14. Granville
15. Wallace
16. Hala
17. anyone but Lowrie

Granville can take 10-15 max. to see if he can get us moving if we're bogged down. Hala and Wallace can get 35 mins each. Double change them with Josh and Ben and vice-versa. Bring in a young forward from the 20's/QCup, be it Adams, Molo, Offa etc in #17. It's clear we're going to need them sooner rather than later the way Kennedy is playing. Every other team brings in the young guys and they go alright. You play better with better players around you and you tend to step up

OR

Oates to the bench at 17, Hodges back to centre and bring in Duncan P or similar. I honestly don't care how their form is. Just someone other than Hoffman. Please

What about Thaiday man?

Re: Round 10 - Brtntheoncos vs Titans - Pre-Match Discussion

The same pattern I s arising again this year as in the past few seasons, going back to Henjacs time. We start the season reasonably well with a few wins based on high intensity low mistake football with minimal attacking flare from the back line . Then coming into origin the forwards loose intensity and enthusiasm when they realise the back line will give them minimal yardage as they it lacks two vital ingredients :cohesion and speed. Pretty soon our previously excellent defence will disintegrate .
We are headed for another year of lower top eight or not making the eight most likely .That said I think we can compete with the Titans if Thaiday and Hannant are back. Barba and Hodges are both getting some confidence and will no doubt produce some winning plays soon. Origin time will be a wipeout , so our slim hopes rely on winning the next two games.

Last edited:
If any of the backs should drop to the bench it should be Vidot. He is definitely capable of playing 2nd row.

Vidot has been far too valuable to not have on the field for 80mins.

Will he be back anytime soon? If this week, bench

Not sure what the injury report is on him. He's been out a while now... You'd pick Glenn ahead of Thaiday?

I'm starting to warm to the idea of Oates in the centres, he's improved each week he's been in first grade this season, and is looking at lot leaner than he did in his first game back, and Reed is just playing bloody ordinary.

1. Barba
2. Vidot
3. Oates
4. Hodges (c)
5. Copley
6. Hoffman
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Hannant
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker (c)

14. Thaiday
15. Hala
16. J.Wallace
17. Kennedy

Not sure what the injury report is on him. He's been out a while now... You'd pick Glenn ahead of Thaiday?

Glenn, while largely ineffective this year, can play bigger minutes and is at least solid. Thaiday is still incapable of playing good football for more than 20 mins at time. Especially in a side that needs to be playing 90-100% to be winning games, we can't afford to carry him like we used to. Glenn off the bench won't add anything, Thaiday can. He can be the 2RF sub that can play 2x20-25mins of relief/impact. Also he's coming back from injury. So, bench.

1. Barba
2. Vidot
3. Hodges
4. Copley
5. Hoffman
6. Kahu
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Parker
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Gillett

14. Oates
15. Wallace
16. Hannant
17. Molo

unfortunately at this stage jack reed is a one club life member player. will never be dropped or performance reviewed.

for me its

1 barba
2 vidot
3 hodges
4 copley
5 hoffman
6 kahu/duncan/strasser/any half
7 ben hunt
8 mcguire
9 macca
10 hannant
11 glenn
12 parker
13 gillett
14 wallace
15 oates
16 hala if fit
17 granville

if thaiday is fit then he starts the right edge with parker starting prop for 15 mins and mcguire or hannant off the bench.

1. Barba
2. Vidot
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Copley
6. Hoffman
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Parker
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Gillett

14. Granville/Lowrie
15. Oates
16. Hala
17. Kennedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • broncsgoat
  • Browny
  • Robboi_321
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • Kev_Guz
  • Xzei
  • theshed
  • Broncosarethebest
  • winslow_wong
  • Strop
  • heartly87
  • Wolfie
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • bert_lifts
  • Stix
  • Skyblues87
  • Allo
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.