Round 10 - Broncos vs Titans - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we lose ( a few more in a row), I think its quite likely Hook's head will roll.

I hope we win every game

I bet with my heart first

Cannot see us starting favourite against ANY team in the comp,the worst teams ,at best we'd be even money. I don't know how we can beat the Coast, running third in the comp at the moment if we are prepared to dump one of our best metre gainers in Hannant and persist with a slow learner at 5/8. That is not a reference to intellectually impaired people. The Titans will be weakened by Birds absence and even though he's a grub he is a strong competitor so will be missed. The Titans will probably turn up with all guns blazing.....my tip, Titans by a dozen.

Stay mad boiz, I'm quite comfortable with losing a few games if it means the end of Griffin's poisonous reign. It's like every Lakers fan hoping we would lose games at the back end of last season to get a higher draft pick and to get D'Antoni fired, and guess what, they both happened, and now the Lakers are in a great spot heading into next season.

A) Winning 50% or more of our remaining games and finishing in the top 8, losing in the first (or if we get lucky, maybe second) round of the finals, Anthony Griffin re-signed.

B) Losing 75% or more of our remaining games and finishing in the bottom 8, Anthony Griffin not re-signed, we start next season with a new coach, one who will no doubt be a better fit for our club, and a clean slate.

Lock in B Eddy.

Stay mad boiz

Not going to win anybody over with that

I'm quite comfortable with losing a few games if it means the end of Griffin's poisonous reign.

Welp, glad you're comfortable being a dick then. Didn't you learn anything from The Simpsons?

It's like every Lakers fan hoping we would lose games at the back end of last season to get a higher draft pick and to get D'Antoni fired, and guess what, they both happened, and now the Lakers are in a great spot heading into next season.

All that means is that Lakers fans are pathetic. Not that it really matters because last time I checked we're Broncos fans.

A) Winning 50% or more of our remaining games and finishing in the top 8, losing in the first (or if we get lucky, maybe second) round of the finals, Anthony Griffin re-signed.

Not necessarily and even so he isn't going to be re-signed since he has a deal until 2015 regardless.

B) Losing 75% or more of our remaining games and finishing in the bottom 8, Anthony Griffin not re-signed, we start next season with a new coach, one who will no doubt be a better fit for our club, and a clean slate.

Going to be more issues than just that and no guarantee a new coach would be any better.

Now that we've got Milford secured, I'm almost hoping for losses.. I honestly think it'll only take a string of 3-4 bad losses in a row to get Griffin gone.

Are you seriously calling yourself a supporter :stupid:

No supporter of any team in the world wishes defeat and misfortune on their own team and backs them no matter what situation they are in if you ask me.

Welp, glad you're comfortable being a dick then.

I don't appreciate being called a dick, please retract this comment or I will report you to the cyber police.

Are you seriously calling yourself a supporter :stupid:

No supporter of any team in the world wishes defeat and misfortune on their own team and backs them no matter what situation they are in if you ask me.

umad?

I'm a phenomenal supporter, I always want my team to win, but if it so happens that we lose some games and that results in coaching changes, I'm not going to lose a second of sleep over the losses.

I don't appreciate being called a dick, please retract this comment or I will report you to the cyber police.

Go ahead, it'd just confirm your character.

The Hound would cleave you in half if you said that defeatist shit to him, Unbreakable.

Remind me again what led to Henjak's downfall? It wasn't a string of defeats. It was the tail end of the off season and the players had had enough. I think this talk of Hannant being hated amongst the playing group has been grossly exaggerated, if not outright twisted. I have faith in the senior players (Thaiday, Hodges and Parker) to recognize that things under Griffin are not working. Players are nowhere near as stupid as most people think. They will see that their best qualities as players are being squandered by a coach who has become so obviously out of his depth, it is frightening.

Griffin won't be coach next year, whether we finish last, 9th or 8th. As a matter of fact, I would probably tell anyone who asked me if betting their house on a certain legend of our club returning to see out the twilight of his coaching years was a stupid idea that maybe, it really isn't.

Last edited:
Back on track, with Bird out and the Titans being pretty arsey themselves who knows what will happen.

I'm genuinely interested in what happens with Hannant and Kennedy tomorrow lol.

Go ahead, it'd just confirm your character.

Not sure if you're baiting me or if you genuinely think there's a thing called the Cyber Police..

EzaihT0.jpg

Not sure if you're baiting me or if you genuinely think there's a thing called the Cyber Police..

lel, considering some of the complaints I've seen you make, I wouldn't be surprised to see you try.

Enough with this pessimistic coward talk.

Broncos back at Suncorp playing a team they should have beat a few weeks ago should win. Won't even really matter if the same 17 is chosen either.

Pretty bullish about our chances. Tits have been massive over achievers, and we lost last time due to our own ineptitude. Was our worst effort of the season, and they only edged is at the death.

Regarding CF's comments that we shouldn't be favourites against any team, I have to disagree. Based upon what we've seen so far, I'd put us above :

Raiders
Sharks
Dragons
Knights
Titans (controversial but I think we'll see them slide hard soon enough)

Teams I consider at a similar pegging (likely to beat those already mentioned, and even chances against present company) :

Tigers
Eels
Penrith
NQ
Broncos
Warriors

Teams I consider contenders, against whom we'd be deserving underdogs :

Bulldogs
Manly
Souths
Storm
Roosters

Sad to say we're far from contenders, but we're highly likely to win games against the first bunch, and would be competitive with the second (some are open to debate due to inconsistency - e.g Warriors). Based on current form, I'd expect to lose against the front runners, but let's not forget we've been competitive in those match ups too.

Unless we make top 4, convincingly (incredibly unlikely), I can't see Hook here next year. Will be pissed if I'm wrong, but can't wish failure on my team. That's Parra 2012 levels of desperation!

Souths were opening up the Titans at will on Saturday night when I watched them, plus they ended up having about 4 disallowed tries on top of a comfortable victory.

They'll be up for it however after having started the season well and purely because of the derby.

As usual, we need to be strong in the middle otherwise their pack will run over the top of us.

Reckon we can get them in a close one, Hunt should easily be the best half on the field.

.What's the difference between Allude and Elude? To allude to something means to refer to it indirectly or by suggestion.To elude means to evade and escape.

:)

It's hard to believe at times that people read posts so thoroughly but they do. The same thing came up a little while ago and my post was a cut and paste from two or three weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Culhwch
  • bb_gun
  • Broncosgirl
  • Howie
  • Sproj
  • Shane Tronc
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • theshed
  • Gaz
  • Fozz
  • Wolfie
  • johnny plath
  • Aldo
  • Old Mate
  • Cavalo
  • Swordfish
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.