Round 10 - Broncos vs Titans - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm slightly more confident than "we're screwed". If we do have Hannant & Thaiday back we'll be in with a chance. The Titans for me have an awesome back row when at full strength, but horrible depth. I guess that's what you get when you have 3 SOO back-rowers (4 if you count Myles). With Bird out, they'll have to play a second-tier player or better yet, start Miniciello. Mark used to be useful when he could wriggle & writhe and be somewhat difficult to put down, but these days he just plays dumb football and has a couple of greased up paddles for hands. It might mean that Taylor also feels he has to do more than the simple things, which might possibly be brilliant, but more likely brain-fartish.

They've been winning with aggressive, grinding football and Bird is paramount to that. Miniciello will drop the ball every second run, get himself tangled up in attempted attacking plays and probably give away four penalties. That should be enough to sabotage their game plan.

Doesn't mean we'll win.

It will be very interesting to see what team is named today.

lel, considering some of the complaints I've seen you make, I wouldn't be surprised to see you try.

You mean when I report a post saying something like "This post extremely hurt my feelings"? I'll use [TROLL] [/TROLL] tags from now on to avoid confusion, sorry for the inconvenience.

Bird is a massive loss for the Titans, and we are due the bounce of the ball going our way. We should have beat them a few rounds ago, we will beat them this time.

If there is one team i hate losing other than the Storm, its the Titans. May they always be in our shadow!

Souths were opening up the Titans at will on Saturday night when I watched them, plus they ended up having about 4 disallowed tries on top of a comfortable victory.

They'll be up for it however after having started the season well and purely because of the derby.

As usual, we need to be strong in the middle otherwise their pack will run over the top of us.

Reckon we can get them in a close one, Hunt should easily be the best half on the field.

As usual? Well, I'm saying this is where we are not strong and one of the main reasons we lose to teams with a dominant pack, especially front row.

Souths and the Cowboys opened us up down the middle, same as what Souths did the Tits.

All we need to do is to hold the middle and control it, NOT MISS TACKLES, and let Hunt and Barba set up our right and left hand sides and this one is in the bag

It was more of a, as usual we'll need to be strong up the middle in a lip service sense - we've been poor.

well thaiday was quoted by ABC saying hannant should be in the team.

very interesting to see what hook comes up with. im not expecting surprises but i just dont know if hannant will get named.. surely he has to

Hannant and Kennedy swapping places.

Hannant and Kennedy swapping places.

fact or hope?

i was just in the car and triple m were saying some big news at the broncos but i got out of the car before the report came on..

EDIT just saw the triple M twitter has posted it

Last edited:
be very interesting to see the kind of performance hannant will put in this week

[h=4]Titans[/h]1 David Mead
2 Kevin Gordon
3 William Zillman
4 Brad Takairangi
5 Anthony Don
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Albert Kelly
8 Luke Douglas
9 Beau Falloon
10 Nate Myles (c)
11 Mark Minichiello
12 David Taylor
13 Ashley Harrison

Interchange
14 Matthew White
15 Luke Bailey
16 Cody Nelson
17 Paul Carter
18 Mark Ioane

Coach: John Cartwright

With Thaiday back, do you think we'll see Parker back at prop and Hannant on the bench?

I really don't think Derbies should be mixed with Women in League Rounds.

I really don't think Derbies should be mixed with Women in League Rounds.

Why not? You could argue they are both playing like women...

With Thaiday back, do you think we'll see Parker back at prop and Hannant on the bench?

I think the team will go back to the way it was before the injuries, minus Hannant. I have a feeling we won't see him again this week.

Hopefully not, srsly just drop Glenn on the bench. I don't like Thaiday at lock (which is where he will be playing if Parker is in the front row, despite the retarded numbers) because that's a position that requires a high work ethic, and he's painfully inconsistent in that area for the amount of time he spends there.

Hopefully not, srsly just drop Glenn on the bench. I don't like Thaiday at lock (which is where he will be playing if Parker is in the front row, despite the retarded numbers) because that's a position that requires a high work ethic, and he's painfully inconsistent in that area for the amount of time he spends there.

If Parker moves to the front row Thaiday will be back in his 12 jersey

10. Parker
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Gillett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • Emanon
  • johnny plath
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fozz
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • Swordfish
  • Foordy
  • Old Mate
  • Financeguy
  • heartly87
  • Dexter
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Brocko
  • Morkel
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.