Round 10 - Broncos vs Titans - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoffman @ 6

Griffin is a f##king idiot.

I thought Thaiday only had a slight calf strain? He's been gone like 3 weeks now?

Griffin must starting to get desperate to save his job, dropped Kennedy.

we will probably beat the titans due to their sheer inability to score points. they are worse than us in attack and their run of fluke tries from intercepts and kicks seems to have stopped (although the two tries they scored on the weekend was from an intercept and from a kcik)

Griffin doesn't normally play games with his team lists, so why name Wallace at starting prop? If he does indeed start him, that will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. The only possible reason is that because JWall is negotiating a new deal, Griffin is giving him a shot to prove whether he can step up. But really?!?!?!?

Not a fan of the team but I seldom am.

As I said earlier, we'll probably win the game regardless of the final 17 because I genuinely believe we're a better side than the Titans and we'll lift after a couple of rough outings at Suncorp (which has not been easy on us fans, I can ensure you of that...) but this is one of those rare opportunities where you can introduce changes and have it not blow up in your face, yet we stick with players who simply are not getting the job done.

Hoffman at five eigth goes without saying. It sucks, but really what can you do other than recruit another player? Aside from finding an alternative band-aid solution, there really isn't a whole lot on offer. I just hope Paia'Aua and Taylor show some progress in the NYC and they can be blooded in the coming weeks or months.

The annoying thing is, it's a two birds one stone type deal where if they could find an adequate five eigth, Hoffman could move into the backline and Reed would get his stint in the reggies to work on his game and perhaps begin his transition to the backrow.

Will be interesting to see how Jarrod Wallace performs in the starting line up. It's a nice opportunity to stake his claims and hopefully it yields positive results. Can't say I'm a fan of Hala or Lowrie on the bench. I know the excuse for Hala will be that he got knocked out by JT3 so he doesn't deserve to be dropped...but the guy hasn't done anything in my mind to earn or keep his spot. Even when he was on, he crabbed off of Gillett...I mean...words fail to describe how much that play pissed me off at that time.

Give me Brandon Lee & Mitchell Frei any day of the week and twice on Tuesdays. I hear there is a Frei fan club on BHQ? Sign me up! I may not watch all of his games but I openly wept on LU when we let him storm off to the Knights.

Griffin doesn't normally play games with his team lists, so why name Wallace at starting prop? If he does indeed start him, that will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. The only possible reason is that because JWall is negotiating a new deal, Griffin is giving him a shot to prove whether he can step up. But really?!?!?!?

I thought it a curious decision too. Guessing Thaiday will come in at #12, Parker at #10 and back to the bench with Wallace?

Even if he starts, I can't see him doing worse than Kennedy. Guess we'll just have to see how it pans out...

I'm beyond annoyed at the team selections so I'm not really in the mood to discuss it extensively but I'm happy Kennedy is dropped and Hannant is back, at the very least because it means Griffin has for once made a decision to drop a player on actual form.

Frei is awesome, everytime I have seen Wynnum this year he has stood out in attack. Runs good lines of both the halves and hooker. Didnt have a close look at his defence to be honest.

If Parker moves to the front row Thaiday will be back in his 12 jersey

10. Parker
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Gillett

Yeah, and wrong numbering is a pet peeve of mine too.

Wallace getting a starting spot so soon? Wtf?

I'm glad Kennedy has been dropped. However, Wallace is not a starting prop yet, definitely not over Hannant. What the **** is Griffin doing?

Wallace getting a starting spot so soon? Wtf?

I'm glad Kennedy has been dropped. However, Wallace is not a starting prop yet, definitely not over Hannant. What the **** is Griffin doing?

He's making "big changes".

Assuming thaiday takes lowries spot in very happy with the forwards. I think people need to realize that rotation is more important than who starts these days. This way we have moose and Wallace followed by gala and hannant instead of Wallace and hala at the same time which would probably get trampled

Wallace isn't a starting prop.. I would've been fine with Hannant starting and Wallace on the bench, really glad Kennedy is gone, he needs a long stint in ISC.

Lowrie doesn't deserve to be playing first-grade, at all, he's well past his prime and offers virtually nothing.

Not much value in dropping Kennedy IMO. This is more about Hook than it is about Kennedy. Very interesting times ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Stix
  • Sproj
  • ivanhungryjak
  • theshed
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • winslow_wong
  • ezpz
  • Allo
  • Brocko
  • The True King
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • mrslong
  • Aldo
  • BruiserMk1
  • Skyblues87
  • Cavalo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.