Round 10 - Broncos vs Titans - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wallace runs hard and tackles hard he will go well with the added responsibility of starting. I don't understand the notion of always having your best two props starting as they usually play in pairs why not split them up so some good experience comes into the game after 20 odd minutes.

Wallace will do a decent enough job. End of the day he is just like all our other props. They are all very similar. They'll get through a tonne of work but they don't make the big runs. Hala can make a big run or 2 but then he is buggered. Parker has a few offloads in him and Hannant can throw a pass but they rarely make an impact unless we are getting very quick play the balls and service out of dummy half.

Wallace runs hard and tackles hard he will go well with the added responsibility of starting. I don't understand the notion of always having your best two props starting as they usually play in pairs why not split them up so some good experience comes into the game after 20 odd minutes.

Because if they don't start, they might not get a run with the way Griffin runs his bench.

Griffin is just taking the piss now with his team announcements. He's trolling all the supporters of this great club. If Jack Reed is an NRL Centre I will eat a live Turtle. Steve Renouf -> Jack Reed; **** me.

No doubt we'll win this weekend and all of Griffin's retardation will be "vindicated". We'll all be happy with a win and all our problems will merely be forgotten till we get hammered next week.

Sigh...

hook has lost the plot completely. so kennedy gets dropped when he only got 20 mins game time. hoffman did sweet **** all, keeps his spot. reed bombs a certain try and is slow as ****, keeps his spot.

this is just beyond a joke

hook has lost the plot completely. so kennedy gets dropped when he only got 20 mins game time. hoffman did sweet **** all, keeps his spot. reed bombs a certain try and is slow as ****, keeps his spot.

this is just beyond a joke

Kennedy got dropped for doing sweet **** all for 9 rounds ​not 20 mins

Any chance that hooks actually a real good coach and is just treading water with hoff cause he's known since day one milf would be a mid year recruit?

Any chance that hooks actually a real good coach and is just treading water with hoff cause he's known since day one milf would be a mid year recruit?

Regardless of Milf joining us, you'd think trying to create actual depth in the halves would be a goal too. But to Griffin, the depth will be Hoffman, Hodges, Gillett and even Griffin himself before anyone else.

Regardless of Milf joining us, you'd think trying to create actual depth in the halves would be a goal too. But to Griffin, the depth will be Hoffman, Hodges, Gillett and even Griffin himself before anyone else.

No. The depth will be Taylor, Duncan, nikorimi, brimson etc

Griffin is just taking the piss now with his team announcements. He's trolling all the supporters of this great club. If Jack Reed is an NRL Centre I will eat a live Turtle. Steve Renouf -> Jack Reed; **** me.

No doubt we'll win this weekend and all of Griffin's retardation will be "vindicated". We'll all be happy with a win and all our problems will merely be forgotten till we get hammered next week.

Sigh...

Is that supposed to be some sort of drive by for Renouf? He is one of the greatest centres to ever play the game.

More like Renouf >>>>>>>> Reed.

Wallace will do a decent enough job. End of the day he is just like all our other props. They are all very similar. They'll get through a tonne of work but they don't make the big runs. Hala can make a big run or 2 but then he is buggered. Parker has a few offloads in him and Hannant can throw a pass but they rarely make an impact unless we are getting very quick play the balls and service out of dummy half.

This.

It's all about momentum. With relatively quick props like McGuire, Wallace and Hannant the opposition is always on the back foot which then let's Hunt and Barba have time and space to exploit a tiring middle and set up plays for our excellent right hand side and maybe even get our left side running with more room for better angles.

For all the criticism of Glenn and Reed, they are for mine, as a number of others have observed, victims of a slow middle which allows the defence to compress the space out wide and limit our options.

If you can't run over the top of them, run through them and around them. This is where and how I see Hunt and Barba really shine.

The game is even faster this year than ever before and IMO we have the ideal team to play this style - minus Kennedy and one out shite.

For example, Hoffman's game is built around running the ball. Give him the room to do it. Give Glenn some time and space = options to run better lines and angles. We know he can do it.

For mine, we started with this style of play and did really well except for the loss of focus and concentration when leads were blown and games against the best sides just lost. Since then, things have just slowed down. Time to pick up the pace

Last edited:
hodges in some doubt. sounds like thaiday also struggling.

Got a feeling Hodges will be rested, coincidentally in time for SOO. I hope not, unless he really is a chance of injury.

hodges has been struggling anyway. arm grabbing in tackles. etc. i dont mind if he has a few weeks off to be honest.

hodges has been struggling anyway. arm grabbing in tackles. etc. i dont mind if he has a few weeks off to be honest.
If he isn't struggling for medical reasons, that's the last thing you want to do. He needs game rhythm to get back to his best...

The whole team has been struggling the last few weeks because our forward pack has literally been trampled by the opposition. Even blind freddy (Hook) can see that, which is why he's playing dancing chairs with his props.

If he isn't struggling for medical reasons

well thats exactly why i said i didnt mind if he had a few weeks off.

if hes 100% fit then why would he be rested.

Hodges in doubt means Hodges not playing. I hope it's not a leg related injury.

well thats exactly why i said i didnt mind if he had a few weeks off.

if hes 100% fit then why would he be rested.
There's struggling fitness/medically wise, and there's struggling form wise. That's all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • theshed
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Sproj
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • BruiserMk1
  • winslow_wong
  • Skyblues87
  • Cavalo
  • Allo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • eggstar10
  • johnny plath
  • heartly87
  • simplythebest
  • Tim K
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.