Round 10 - Broncos vs Titans - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this sentiment to some extent. If we play to our strengths, we are competitive against even the top teams.

However, the problem is, as you say, holding the middle. Against teams who have both power and speed through the ruck, we are always going to struggle to contain them.

For that reason alone, I'd say our chances are reasonable against the Storm, though their adherence to structure and big game experience in key positions cannot be understated. I expect the Roosters and Souths are going to trouble us due to having a superior mix of power and mobility (we can match them for the latter, but they simply have more grunt to supplement it). Similarly, Manly, although their pack lacks athleticism, they play with fervour, urgency and grit to make up for it.

I'd expect us to challenge any of these teams, but will not tip us against them.

While I agree with you about the strengths of the competition from Souths, Manly and the Roosters - and also the Dogs and Cowboys - same strengths: big, robust forwards and well oiled machines, the winning formula for us is really very simple, and easily doable ...

DON'T MISS TACKLES

All that is needed is a fast moving defensive line which hits rather than grabs, and with forwards like Burgess or Scott, one low and one high. Low around the ankles and twist, and one around the ball wrapping it up.

All it takes is technique and commitment and some bloody aggro attitude + that fast moving defensive line at which Manly in particular are expert

This is not rocket science but basic schoolboy football training/nous

sounds like albert kelly is out so there goes there only source of adlib spark, something we seem to be terrible at defending

so yeah, job on the line stuff for griffin this week. winning doesnt exactly save his position though.

EDIT kevin gordon is also out

its basically a qcup team

sounds like albert kelly is out so there goes there only source of adlib spark, something we seem to be terrible at defending

so yeah, job on the line stuff for griffin this week. winning doesnt exactly save his position though.

What a boring game this is looking to be

same year. Seriously though if we can't beat this titans team we are totally ****ed

Boring game though it may be, I will be really looking forward to seeing if Barba continues to lift and bob up on both sides as our 2nd play maker, and seeing how Wallace goes as starting prop - if he starts that is, or knowing Hook, if he plays at all

* Their back-row is shot. With Bird & Harrison out, unless they move Myles back to cover, then Taylor will likely be their only decent player in the #11-13. If Taylor plays big minutes he'll be compromised in terms of stamina, and his lateral defence will be tested. They might also put Ryan James in the back row, and even though he's big & aggressive and will be just asking for Barba to cut them through the middle.

Expect Carter to play big minutes in the second row, they'd be stupid not to but Cartwright is just as dumb as Griffin.

Totally agree, tho if winning did save his position the club is in a more fucked up position than i thought.

same year. Seriously though if we can't beat this titans team we are totally fucked

We may as well just pack it in and call it quits, because that will just make us even more of a laughing stock..

same year. Seriously though if we can't beat this titans team we are totally fucked

strange as it may sound to some, am actually more concerned about the broncos now that those 'outs' have been announced for the titans...

I expect the Broncos to smash this Titans team, by atleast 20 points!

I don't get Griffin. The Titans are seriously under strength for this match so why doesn't he put Granville in the #14 and rest Macca around the 60th minute and put Granville on. With Granville's speed from dummy half we would tear the Titans foward pack a new one seeing as they are mostly from the QCup and would be tired and worn out around that time. Sigh... we can only hope he comes to his senses and soon.

if we don't do a number on this apparent qcup side then we are in all sorts

Totally agree, tho if winning did save his position the club is in a more ****ed up position than i thought.

Good post. I've never understood the "Griffin has 4 weeks, 6 weeks, 10 games to save his job etc" story. I honestly hope it's just rumors and media speculation. If there's any truth to it then it reflects badly on our current administration. They either have faith the coach can do the job or they don't. They need to make a decision accordingly and not wait till round 10. Seriously, what if we'd won our first ten then lost the next ten straight? It's a poor way to manage a club giving ridiculous deadlines like that. It smacks of denial and quick fix solutions which is completely at odds with all their talk of building for the future.

Back on topic: In light of the injury problems to the Titans, am expecting an unconvincing Brisbane win.

Last edited:
I don't get Griffin. The Titans are seriously under strength for this match so why doesn't he put Granville in the #14 and rest Macca around the 60th minute and put Granville on. With Granville's speed from dummy half we would tear the Titans foward pack a new one seeing as they are mostly from the QCup and would be tired and worn out around that time. Sigh... we can only hope he comes to his senses and soon.
Our team was named prior to their injuries so that criticism is unwarranted

Lara Pitt from the Sterlo show just said Broncos apparently parted ways with Andrew Gee. Not confirmed by the club as yet but hopefully a good thing hope Hooks next. Nolan expected to fill in the football managers roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Santa
  • jarro65
  • Broncosgirl
  • bb_gun
  • Dexter
  • Culhwch
  • Howie
  • Sproj
  • Shane Tronc
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • theshed
  • Gaz
  • Fozz
  • Wolfie
  • johnny plath
  • Aldo
  • Old Mate
  • Cavalo
  • Swordfish
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.