Round 10 - Cowboys vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Milford was involved in defence lapses in 4 of the 5 Cowboy tries. Add the poor pass to Blair that led to a try, and the dropped ball error although it was bumped out. He heads the error count in almost every game and for Bennett to tolerate his error count he must think he is something special. Nickorima was also poor tonight missing tackles late in the game. 12-0 and looking good and then they just dropped off ... Hunt was quite again and that is a number of games in a row for him. Hodges was predictable and where was Kahu in taking the ball up out of trouble. Boyd was good - Reed average - Maranta scares me with his try putdowns - Thiaday again best on field for Broncos - Parker below his best - Gillet played above his recent form, obviously SOO on his mind - Glen predictable - the benck was ordinary - Molo's crucial mistake leading to a try. Overall a performance that exposed some depth issues and inexperience. Cowboys were solid and Morgan is a player on fire at the moment. Always felt his hands were questionable with lose carries. Tamou was best on ground and played himself into SOO. Well deserved Cowboy win and suggests the Bronco ladder position is on the back of victories against lesser teams, they are pretenders at the moment on that performance. Parker's kicking was great but it did not count in the end.

Blair was terrible. Hope Bennett puts the same rocket under him he put under Thaiday. Only problem is Blair isn't in the same league as Sammy.

Well deserved Cowboy win and suggests the Bronco ladder position is on the back of victories against lesser teams, they are pretenders at the moment on that performance. Parker's kicking was great but it did not count in the end.

I struggled to get through the wall of text with no breaks... But spare me the BS please, one of those lesser teams was the Cowboys and the Roosters, hardly lesser teams. We're still top of the ladder after 10 rounds you know, that's hardly pretending.

I think Milford was involved in defence lapses in 4 of the 5 Cowboy tries. Add the poor pass to Blair that led to a try, and the dropped ball error although it was bumped out. He heads the error count in almost every game and for Bennett to tolerate his error count he must think he is something special. Nickorima was also poor tonight missing tackles late in the game. 12-0 and looking good and then they just dropped off ... Hunt was quite again and that is a number of games in a row for him. Hodges was predictable and where was Kahu in taking the ball up out of trouble. Boyd was good - Reed average - Maranta scares me with his try putdowns - Thiaday again best on field for Broncos - Parker below his best - Gillet played above his recent form, obviously SOO on his mind - Glen predictable - the benck was ordinary - Molo's crucial mistake leading to a try. Overall a performance that exposed some depth issues and inexperience. Cowboys were solid and Morgan is a player on fire at the moment. Always felt his hands were questionable with lose carries. Tamou was best on ground and played himself into SOO. Well deserved Cowboy win and suggests the Bronco ladder position is on the back of victories against lesser teams, they are pretenders at the moment on that performance. Parker's kicking was great but it did not count in the end.

This is close to the biggest load of rubbish I have read.

This is close to the biggest load of rubbish I have read.

I called it how I saw it ... and objectivity has nothing to do with bullshit or being a Bronco Fan. Souths made us look pathetic in Rd 1 - and yes they have gone off the boil and now every team is a challenge for them. Since Rd 1 Bennett focused on the basics - goal line defence, completions in your own half, and a better kicking game, and yes confidence built and wins came.

As for the stats over the last 5 rounds - in set completions we are 13th of 16 at 74%. Run meters per carry we sit equal 5th [9.1m], Penalties conceeded we are equal 3rd best, tries scored equal 7th, line breaks equal 8th, missed tackles 9th, offloads 8th, errors 13th with 14 teams still to complete this round. Those stats don't point to a top of the ladder position if they are similar after another 10 rounds.

I'm sure Bennett is not happy and understands the realism these stats represent. The team can do better and will have to throughout the SOO period. We'll lose Parker, Thiaday, and Boyd for sure, perhaps Hodges, Hunt, Gillet, and McGuire as well and that will be the test. Best scenario we don't lose Hunt or McGuire and they both guide us through with minimal damage.

I called it how I saw it ... and objectivity has nothing to do with bullshit or being a Bronco Fan. Souths made us look pathetic in Rd 1 - and yes they have gone off the boil and now every team is a challenge for them. Since Rd 1 Bennett focused on the basics - goal line defence, completions in your own half, and a better kicking game, and yes confidence built and wins came.

As for the stats over the last 5 rounds - in set completions we are 13th of 16 at 74%. Run meters per carry we sit equal 5th [9.1m], Penalties conceeded we are equal 3rd best, tries scored equal 7th, line breaks equal 8th, missed tackles 9th, offloads 8th, errors 13th with 14 teams still to complete this round. Those stats don't point to a top of the ladder position if they are similar after another 10 rounds.

I'm sure Bennett is not happy and understands the realism these stats represent. The team can do better and will have to throughout the SOO period. We'll lose Parker, Thiaday, and Boyd for sure, perhaps Hodges, Hunt, Gillet, and McGuire as well and that will be the test. Best scenario we don't lose Hunt or McGuire and they both guide us through with minimal damage.

What you have posted here is all accurate and objective. What you posted last night was complete shit and most of it was just made up rubbish.

Like you say though I just call it how I see it

Continue the discussion in the post game thread guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Ondi
  • Big Del
  • Bish
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Santa
  • Hurrijo
  • mystico
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Fitzy
  • HarryAllan7
  • teampjta
  • RolledOates
  • Browny
  • Alec
  • Porthoz
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Justwin
  • Fatboy
  • The True King
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.