Round 10 Discussion (Magic Round)

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I've gone cold on SJ, just a gut feeling that he might be another Boyd. He is starting to get a few mounting injuries and seems to have lost a bit of the spark he used to have. Now it could be because of the team he is playing in but I don't really want to take that risk given he will likely cost a minimum 600k a year. I don't think we lose much if we put Gamble at 6 or even keep Milf on a heavily reduced deal.
Seems too injury prone of late. We either go with Croft in the 6 next year and make the best of that money, or re-sign Gamble on close to minimum for a year because there's not much in the way of 5/8's out there.

I'd give Gamble first go if he impresses over the next 6 weeks, and then we have Croft as a backup for injuries.

Hoping on hope Milford ***** off, he may well kill it at another club but he's too comfortable here and I can't see him ever getting back to his best. A change of scenery will be the best outcome for both parties.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Seems too injury prone of late. We either go with Croft in the 6 next year and make the best of that money, or re-sign Gamble on close to minimum for a year because there's not much in the way of 5/8's out there.

I'd give Gamble first go if he impresses over the next 6 weeks, and then we have Croft as a backup for injuries.

Hoping on hope Milford ***** off, he may well kill it at another club but he's too comfortable here and I can't see him ever getting back to his best. A change of scenery will be the best outcome for both parties.

I'm happy to give Staggs first shot because I think he will surprise a lot of people but if he doesn't go well, Gamble is an excellent back up option, I really like Tyson and would be happy to have him in the side somewhere moving forward.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
there reportedly will be a crackdown on head knocks starting this week.

the game will be officiated under never before implemented rules that includes:

- Direct or forceful contact to head is sin bin at a minimum

- Indirect or forceful contact, possible sin bin

- If contact is minimal, then penalty and put on report

LORD VLANDYS HAS SPOKEN

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015

LORD VLANDYS HAS SPOKEN
Nice to see he’s left a grey area for the games’ stars to get away with it if need be.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Another kneejerk reaction that will result in even more inconsistency.

Great in theory, will be terrible in practice.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016

LORD VLANDYS HAS SPOKEN
So we'll get fucked over being an early game and teams constantly looking to dive for any shot close to being high.

I dont get why they have this obsession to make things black and white... it just paints them into a corner where one **** up by a ref will have them under the microscope.

Interchanges will also jump up to about 12 a game with teams utilising the Munster 30sec free interchange with all these players going on report.

I think warriors used it last week??

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
So who the hell is everyone tipping this week?

I can see a lot of upsets coming.

- Wests vs knights... knights obvious favourite but they've now lost Ponga which I think changes everything... definite upset on the cards if Madge had kept Douehi in the halves

- Dogs vs raiders... you'd think raiders for sure, but they're spine isn't working and there must be question marks about whether George Williams plays... good time to get the raiders

- Sharks vs Rabbits... question marks on Reynolds health, but the loss of SJ probably writes this one off as a contest

- Rooster vs cows... the cows continue to be kissed on the dick with their golden draw as you could not get a better time to play the roosters. Question marks now on whether Walker plays or not. Cows a good chance for the upset if Payten goes against his word and plays Lolo for 70mins again.

- Warriors vs parra.... you'd think parra in a canter, but they've lost Brown and question marks on Reed (I think he had concussion last week??)... they're also bringing a rookie halfback in who's been quarantined from the playing group all week. Definite upset on the cards.

- Melbourne vs dragons.... dragons getting storm at the absolute perfect time. I think paps plays but if he doesnt then they get storm without Munster, Grant, Bsmith and Paps!!! You usually cant tip against storm, but Hughes and Nicho on their own doesnt seem like it will be enough

- Titans vs Panthers.... Panthers getting a golden time to play titans with no Fifita. I think they might have actually struggled playing a titans team on a Sunday afternoon in Brisbane if Fifita was there. Titans went close to beating them last year on the coast in a day game, but no Fifita means no strike so I think they'll get touched up

And of course Broncos vs Manly.... unlike other teams we are getting Manly at absolutely the worst time given it coincides with 1 of the 10 games that Turbo is actually fit to play in this year.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Knights were looking good early, but Tigers get a line break from inside their own 10m on 3rd tackle, leading to a try and they've self destructed.

Knights losing Ponga on top of Pearce was always going to hurt their options for getting points... they're basically relying on Mann (who's not known for running a team) and Brayley (who does his best work inside the opposition 10m). They need to get Watson on, but also leave Barney out there in the 2nd row (take Fitzgibbon off).

I think Knights talk up Tex Hoy and Phoenix Crossland purely because they have cool names... I've yet to see much from them in first grade

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
This has to be the death of Seibold as a coach though, the side has nose-dived since he got there.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Funny how a barely filled Suncorp still has more spectators than the Tigers or Newcastle’s home games!

Newcastle get decent crowds to be fair even though they’ve sucked a long time and are sucking again.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Seibold hasn't helped matters but this has been an ongoing issue for the Knights over a number of seasons. If you look at last year for example they trailled a struggling Cowboys outfit 6-32 in Round 7 before they added some respectability. They were one of the few teams to lose to the Bulldogs 12-18 in Round 11 and they were in all sorts heading into the finals. Round 16 they lose to a brave Warriors outfit 6-36, they get smashed 6-36 against the Titans and then in the finals they concede 46 points against Souths.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Wow... well there's your first garbage high shot... We are definitely fucked. Please god do not hit Turbo high tonight 🙏🙏

By first game tomorrow they will ease up because of the amount of shit calls that will be made.

Unread

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Aldo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • Lurker
  • Morkel
  • Tmac
  • Dexter
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Old Mate
  • The Don
  • johnny plath
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Culhwch
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mustafur
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Johnny92
  • Midean
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.