Round 10 Discussion (Magic Round)

So forearm to the head with ball in hand that is put on report is ok to not be sin binned??

I've noticed three or four at least from the Panthers that were send offs in other games not even put on report.

It's pathetic, but you have to milk this shit like the top teams do now.

Have there been any golden point games this year?

I don’t even watch Broncos games anymore, I’ve listened to the last few on the radio while doing other things. I enjoy reading this forum more than watching games these days. And that was before this sin bin shit. If they draw in more new fans than they lose I’ll be amazed.

The powers that be (not NRL cos they're an abject failure but I'm talking about the media) will have to come out in force to save the game from itself, otherwise we won't have a comp very soon, at least not a rugby league comp.

I reckon the media got scared this weekend ... which is why they turned on Vlandys

No Queensland teams won in the magic round.

PVL will be in damage control in this regard as well.
You simply cannot have a competition where the only other competitive state has no winners.

Titans are the only hope he has right now in reality, but they would have the smallest fanbase out of the three QLD teams is my guess.

Between the rule changes, the obvious nswrl bias, and the fact that all 3 QLD teams are doing poorly, this game is in a dire situation right now, and PVL is responsible.

He will forever be remembered for being the bloke that got the game through the pandemic, only to kill it the very next season.

This round has been so bad I’ve been reduced to watching Ad Astra and I have more idea what’s going on than in league these days. This movie is weird.
Fell asleep watching it at the cinema when it came out. It and gravity were two of the least enjoyable movies on which I've ever wasted money.

Fell asleep watching it at the cinema when it came out. It and gravity were two of the least enjoyable movies on which I've ever wasted money.

I compounded my error of watching it by following it up with Stowaway, a movie that literally has no ending. It feels as though the director ran out of money or just couldn’t be bothered and so just stopped the movie.

No Queensland teams won in the magic round.

PVL will be in damage control in this regard as well.
You simply cannot have a competition where the only other competitive state has no winners.

Titans are the only hope he has right now in reality, but they would have the smallest fanbase out of the three QLD teams is my guess.

Between the rule changes, the obvious nswrl bias, and the fact that all 3 QLD teams are doing poorly, this game is in a dire situation right now, and PVL is responsible.

He will forever be remembered for being the bloke that got the game through the pandemic, only to kill it the very next season.
The interesting thing is he didn't actually get the game through the pandemic. No other leagues in the world have died as a result of the pandemic. The game continued in spite of him.

I compounded my error of watching it by following it up with Stowaway, a movie that literally has no ending. It feels as though the director ran out of money or just couldn’t be bothered and so just stopped the movie.
Stowaway, Gravity, Interstellar, Ad Astra....world could have done without all of them. I absolutely hated the Sandra Bullock Movie (aka Gravity) but it had great reviews.

Yeah on the logistics side of things he seems good. But it's crazy that any admin can change the rules as they like. What does PVL know about the game, what will the next guy know? They need to bring a process that includes trialing any changes for at least 1 year in lower grades before anything is changed in the NRL. And we need to hit the reset button and go back about 2 decades worth of rule changes and start again, except for the shoulder charge and HIA's.

Yeah on the logistics side of things he seems good. But it's crazy that any admin can change the rules as they like. What does PVL know about the game, what will the next guy know? They need to bring a process that includes trialing any changes for at least 1 year in lower grades before anything is changed in the NRL. And we need to hit the reset button and go back about 2 decades worth of rule changes and start again, except for the shoulder charge and HIA's.
Keep captains challenge though. Also, one per half per team, two in total. Oh, and get the promised virtual ten metre line in, now.

I have done a complete about face on the enforcement of head shots. It's the new normal, the coaches and players have to accept it and change, we fans have to get used to it.
If it means more legs tackles it probably means better ball movement and more expansive styles of play.
The consistency of how it's enforced will be the difficult part for us fans because it will be like the 6 again rule and it will cost some teams more than others.

I have done a complete about face on the enforcement of head shots. It's the new normal, the coaches and players have to accept it and change, we fans have to get used to it.
If it means more legs tackles it probably means better ball movement and more expansive styles of play.
The consistency of how it's enforced will be the difficult part for us fans because it will be like the 6 again rule and it will cost some teams more than others.
I never had a problem with stopping head shots. I have a huge problem with punishment for a guy standing still who has someone slide into him and faceplant on the defenders sternum. That's bullshit and that fuckwit Kent can shut the **** up. What happens when a tackler goes low, say knee height and the attacker falls face first into the tacklers shoulder, less than a metre from the ground? Is that a sendoff? Not if common sense prevails.

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Xzei
  • marw
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.