Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
Did anyone else think the crowd was a bit of a let down?

It was a full house, but it sure as hell didn't sound like one.
Absolutely. The crowd didn't get into either game really. Seemed quieter than most season games.

Only time they came alive was for the Mexican wave. *****.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
I read that QLD could go with Morgan at center ... Maybe thats what they're are thinking

Morgan at centre is a good option, but if QLD go with DCE, a guy who should have had his papers stamped after he put himself ahead of the side back in that losing series, then I will care a little less about SOO this year.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Absolutely. The crowd didn't get into either game really. Seemed quieter than most season games.

Only time they came alive was for the Mexican wave. *****.
I don't know why some people go to the footy. Seriously. The tool next to me was on his phone all night, wasn't looking at the footy. Got up about six times and annoyed everyone around him to get food then drinks, then food then drinks.
Then found a mate a row in front and tried to impress a couple of chicks nearby with his wit. Failed miserably by the way.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I thought Arrow looked the goods for the short time he was on the field.

I also am glad we have Gillett putting in 80 mins of fantastic defence week in, week out and topping the tackle count - our right side is water tight.

Great to see Kahu kicking well - good to have those 2 points when offered.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Morgan at centre is a good option, but if QLD go with DCE, a guy who should have had his papers stamped after he put himself ahead of the side back in that losing series, then I will care a little less about SOO this year.

If Kev rolls with Morgan at centre then DCE is really the only option for bench utility with Hunt & Milford banned.

Only other name that comes to mind is Mbye, and I wouldn't be confident with him at all defensively.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
If Kev rolls with Morgan at centre then DCE is really the only option for bench utility with Hunt & Milford banned.

Only other name that comes to mind is Mbye, and I wouldn't be confident with him at all defensively.

What about Norman, he would have to be ahead of Mbye??

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Wow some people are hard to impress. We beat Manly by 24 points, score 30 ourselves and go to the top of the ladder and yet some complain.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
What about Norman, he would have to be ahead of Mbye??

Probably not in terms of a bench utility, Mbye has played a tonne of positions including centre, halves and hooker. I'd be terribly worried about having Norman defensively play any of those positions at origin level.

Either way, if Morgan starts, it's going to be DCE in jersey 14.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I don't know why some people go to the footy. Seriously. The tool next to me was on his phone all night, wasn't looking at the footy. Got up about six times and annoyed everyone around him to get food then drinks, then food then drinks.
Then found a mate a row in front and tried to impress a couple of chicks nearby with his wit. Failed miserably by the way.

We're you sitting next to Porthoz?

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008

One reason why i like the unlicensed area.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
IMO the Broncos still need to get a more balanced attack. Roberts and Gillett really get wasted on the right hand side of the field. I know Milford is good but Hunt is no mug. Giving him some quality ball from time to time would be a good idea. Overall a pretty solid performance. Manly dragged them down to their level last night.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
I thought Arrow looked the goods for the short time he was on the field.

I also am glad we have Gillett putting in 80 mins of fantastic defence week in, week out and topping the tackle count - our right side is water tight.

Great to see Kahu kicking well - good to have those 2 points when offered.
Agree re Arrow...he looks a great prospect.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
It's round 10 FFS. I know some people want them to put 50 on every side each week and this other rubbish but those people aren't Wayne Bennett. They aren't the best coach in the game. This part of the season is about getting the 2 points and pacing yourselves, not exhausting yourself and showing the rest of the comp all your tricks so the have more than half a season to work on nullifying them.

You mean like the Rabbitohs last year ... Started the season on fire, before running out of puff and becoming cannon fodder at the end of the season.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013

He's in horrid form and has done nothing at rep level. I'd go with a second rower who could play in the backs if necessary.

Edit: if he's on the bench he's covering a spine position, but he's proven that he can't handle rep footy as a starting half. Why pick him? Is he the qld pearce?

Last edited:
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
He's in horrid form and has done nothing at rep level. I'd go with a second rower who could play in the backs if necessary.

Edit: if he's on the bench he's covering a spine position, but he's proven that he can't handle rep footy as a starting half. Why pick him? Is he the qld pearce?

Yeah dunno, I don't mind the backrower idea, who do we have that's versatile enough to play that many positions off the bench? Guerra?

8. Scott
9. Smith (c)
10. Myles
11. Papalii
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Guerra
15. McGuire
16. Thaiday
17. Lillyman

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Could always just push Gillett out to centre. But yeah, Guerra would do the job too.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I'd consider Granville on the bench if Morgan is in the centres. He's like Segeyaro that hasn't gone to shit. Could be so effective when the NSW forwards are tiring, similar to how Craig Wing used to be.

Unread

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • Culhwch
  • whykickamoocow
  • FACTHUNT
  • Lostboy
  • Brocko
  • broncsgoat
  • broncos4life
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • leon.bott
  • Maroon4life
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.