Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I think Wallace has really stood up this season. He epitomises a Bennett style player ala Weyman, Webcke etc.
Not the most talented, but works his arse off every game, every training session - is physical and still young. His improvement in 12 months is purely down to hard work and no fuss.

Have said it before, he is very well regarded at the Broncs for all the above reasons. He is constantly improving, and starting to really show his potential. Remember he is still very young for a prop!

I agree that he's had some good games this season, he was arguably our best a couple of weeks ago. My problem is that he goes through parts of every season where he plays really well, and then other parts where he comes off the bench and runs for 55 metres and gives away 2 penalties.

How about he puts together a full season of good performances.

The refs deadest pick on Wallace for a cheap penalty. You look at the sets of 6 prior to when he gets pinged for a penalty and its no different to what other players are doing in the ruck at the time.

That really just seems to be shifting the goalposts though. He has shown steady improvement this season after being one of the best in the GF last year. He hasn't thus had a full season since then to do a season of good performances. However, he has improved every game this season to the point he has been one of the best out there the last three or four weeks in a row. Not really sure what else the poor guy can do to make you happy @unfozza... sorry [MENTION=8290]Unbreakable[/MENTION].

That really just seems to be shifting the goalposts though. He has shown steady improvement this season after being one of the best in the GF last year. He hasn't thus had a full season since then to do a season of good performances. However, he has improved every game this season to the point he has been one of the best out there the last three or four weeks in a row. Not really sure what else the poor guy can do to make you happy @unfozza... sorry @Unbreakable.

No errors, no penalties, 10 or more metres per run, 10 or more runs per game.

That is what I require from a bench prop.

The refs deadest pick on Wallace for a cheap penalty. You look at the sets of 6 prior to when he gets pinged for a penalty and its no different to what other players are doing in the ruck at the time.

We can all see that there are obvious square-ups in the penalty count, and the refs do have tip sheets, so what you're saying is not entirely out of the question.

I agree that he's had some good games this season, he was arguably our best a couple of weeks ago. My problem is that he goes through parts of every season where he plays really well, and then other parts where he comes off the bench and runs for 55 metres and gives away 2 penalties.

How about he puts together a full season of good performances.

How about you start picking on guys like Ofa for his drop balls and penalties so you don't look like you are pushing some odd agenda.

How about you start picking on guys like Ofa for his drop balls and penalties so you don't look like you are pushing some odd agenda.

That player doesn't exist. This is pretty ridiculous, but I think you know that TBF.

Ofahengaue has less errors and penalties conceded than Wallace this season, not sure why I'd "pick on" someone who's younger and already better than your boy JWall.

It's ridiculous for a bench prop to average 100 metres gained per game and not make many mistakes? I don't think you know what that word means.

Edit: Wallace is currently at 8.2 runs per game for 82 metres a game, so he's right on the 10 metres per run, if he can take a couple more runs per game and work on his discipline, he'll be a good bench prop.

Last edited:
Luckily there's not too many people complaining about this game

A very solid, but not perfect, game where the 2 points are in the bank

But I swear it seems every week we win I read "we will have to be better than that next week to beat ....."

Seriously, if we win the Premiership some clown will write, "But we will have to be better than that next year to win it again"

Seriously, if we win the Premiership some clown will write, "But we will have to be better than that next year to win it again"

:laugh: you're onto me.

It's easy to be drawn into the negatives. There were times where the team looked lost, players couldn't complete the basic fundamentals (pass to your own team mates, Ben) and it seemed as if the boys took their foot off the accelerator. It didn't help that the prior game was 1st vs 3rd and was played like a finals game come early.

But you're right, when you dwell on those moments you forget all the strong carries, the dominant tackles, the big efforts and the lethal runs from our halves.

It wasn't 10/10, so fans like us who have long memories are numb to these type of performances but it's still a perfectly acceptable 7/10.

Personally, I think fans lack perspective. Brisbane were rarely great in '98, saved their best till last. Brisbane were more brilliant in 1990 than 92 but no where near as glorious. They scored as many points in 2001 as they did in 2000 - still there was a massive gap between both sides.

Joe hasn't really been much better..

Makes less metres, only made 2 more runs than Wallace, no offloads, less tackles, only 1 less missed tackle, only 1 less mistake and only a few less penalties.

Still makes boneheaded mistakes and concedes silly penalties.

Let's get rid of both them because of that.

No errors, no penalties, 10 or more metres per run, 10 or more runs per game.

That is what I require from a bench prop.

More than half of the NRL props don't fit into that category including some international forwards

Joe hasn't really been much better..

Makes less metres, only made 2 more runs than Wallace, no offloads, less tackles, only 1 less missed tackle, only 1 less mistake and only a few less penalties.

Still makes boneheaded mistakes and concedes silly penalties.

Let's get rid of both them because of that.

Joe is 20 years old and has less than half the amount of NRL experience, if the tables were turned and Joe was meant to be the more experienced one I'd happily be complaining about him, nevertheless, Wallace surely has enough experience in the NRL to know how to catch a chest pass and avoid giving away retarded penalties all the time.

I see a lot of people on here blaming the referees for the penalties that he concedes, surely they don't actually believe that though, if you watch him closely (Which I tend to do, just waiting for the inevitable Wallace penalty), he deserves it every time.

More than half of the NRL props don't fit into that category including some international forwards

Who specifically are you referring to? All of the prominent International forwards all average comfortably over 100 metres per game (Some of them average less than 10 metres per run, but that's to be expected when they're starting the game against fresh defences and doing far more work overall than a bench forward who only plays 30-40 minutes per game)

James Graham - 171.9 MPG
Paul Gallen - 171.4 MPG
Aaron Woods - 169.6 MPG
Jason Taumalolo - 156.0 MPG
Josh McGuire - 153.3 MPG
James Tamou - 145.0 MPG
Jesse Bromwich - 142.6 MPG
Corey Parker - 137.0 MPG
Matt Scott - 124.0 MPG

Joe is 20 years old and has less than half the amount of NRL experience, if the tables were turned and Joe was meant to be the more experienced one I'd happily be complaining about him, nevertheless, Wallace surely has enough experience in the NRL to know how to catch a chest pass and avoid giving away retarded penalties all the time.

I see a lot of people on here blaming the referees for the penalties that he concedes, surely they don't actually believe that though, if you watch him closely (Which I tend to do, just waiting for the inevitable Wallace penalty), he deserves it every time.

NRL experience? How many minutes has he played collectively? Then we can work out if he's got enough experience to deserve the hate. You're pretty bloody tough on your players though, which is fair I guess.

Who specifically are you referring to? All of the prominent International forwards all average comfortably over 100 metres per game (Some of them average less than 10 metres per run, but that's to be expected when they're starting the game against fresh defences and doing far more work overall than a bench forward who only plays 30-40 minutes per game)

James Graham - 171.9 MPG
Paul Gallen - 171.4 MPG
Aaron Woods - 169.6 MPG
Josh McGuire - 153.3 MPG
James Tamou - 145.0 MPG
Corey Parker - 137.0 MPG
Matt Scott - 124.0 MPG

Averages are pointless when you are referring to someone who has been a fulltime first grader for what, a year, and someone who has been playing for nearly a decade though.

James Graham - 171.9 MPG
Paul Gallen - 171.4 MPG
Aaron Woods - 169.6 MPG
Josh McGuire - 153.3 MPG
James Tamou - 145.0 MPG
Corey Parker - 137.0 MPG
Matt Scott - 124.0 MPG

And all of them make errors and concede penalties. To criteria you said they can't do to make your grade like that is completely normal.

NRL experience? How many minutes has he played collectively? Then we can work out if he's got enough experience to deserve the hate. You're pretty bloody tough on your players though, which is fair I guess.

I dunno how I'm even being that tough, I just said that he's an average bench forward, the stats more or less back that up, I've only been harping on about it because of people claiming that he's the second coming of Shane Webcke and going to play Origin within the next 2 years, that's just completely unrealistic for a guy who comes across as just being a decent first grader.

Averages are pointless when you are referring to someone who has been a fulltime first grader for what, a year, and someone who has been playing for nearly a decade though.

I'm not comparing those players to Jarrod Wallace, I was responding to mitch, who claimed that International forwards are unable to attain 10 metres per run and 10 runs per game.

To criteria you said they can't do to make your grade like that is completely normal.

I have no idea what you just said, could you repeat that?

Active Now

• Big Del
  • Behold
  • eggstar10
  • Maroon4life
  • Wolfie
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Redux
  • Behind enemy lines
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Fozz
  • Bish
  • Galah
  • Justwin
  • Fatboy
  • Tim K
  • Waynesaurus
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.