Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Yeah Waddell is pretty bad. He looked his best late in the game when he and Niko were both on and he just took a few hit-ups, lol. Will be great if Macca is back next week.

The game was just like most of ours this year - always in control, won by a healthy margin in the end but you felt like we could have racked up a real score at the same time. But in the grand scheme of things I guess a few more tries don't really mean much.

Cherry-Evans harshly treated

Not only was Daly Cherry-Evans greeted by a chorus of boos from overly vociferous Broncos fans but even the match officials were making life tough for him. With his side battling to keep pace with the Broncos after conceding two early tries Cherry-Evans fired a superb pass to winger Matthew Wright seven minutes from half-time only for the officials to rule it forward. Sometimes the skills of our best players are really too good for everyone.

Cherry-Evans was troubled by an ankle injury midway through the second half but battled on bravely as the Broncos hit top gear and will have to wait until at least Origin II to hear the cheers from a Queensland crowd.

Sea Eagles v Broncos: Five key points - NRL.com

cracker journalism that ... if the ball is thrown forward then it can't be a superb pass by ant stretch of the imagination

great night out as always. ill admit, the 1st game was more exciting to watch.

The boys take the two, and they don't go stupid, they play as hard as they need to. I'd rather they don't go all out and wear themselves out, especially coming into Origin.

Love beating Manly.

We're the Broncos
The mighty Broncos
We keep fighting every second till the end

We're the Broncos
The greatest team on earth
We're the heart of all Queensland

Never stop
We never rest
On and on
We beat the best
Never giving up we bleed maroon and gold

For the league
We risk it all
Miles above
We're standing tall
We're the finest and the greatest club of all

We're the Broncos
The mighty Broncos
We keep fighting every second till the end

We breathe in our soul
The best game of all
We are the Broncos of Queensland

Hey!!

Not much more that can be said about Milford. Unbelievable. Really looking forward to the next two games - Milford, Hunt up against a tigers team while we get a look at a bunch of young guys in the top grade should be an exciting game if there aren't too many errors.

Roberts hasn't been bad at all... 8 tackle breaks topped the game. Importantly looked good in defence again - he doesn't get enough credit compared to last season. And the attitude looks right in other aspects of his play as well, his kick chases have been impressive and he's looking for work in attack - regularly taking the ball from dummy half. It's bloody obvious he needs more good ball in attack, but I would like to think that will come later in the season. I'm hoping Bennet hasn't been working on the attack too much and when he does come the last third of the season we'll see him used a hell of a lot more effectively and regularly. For now I'm more than satisfied with tonights performance.

Cherry-Evans harshly treated

Not only was Daly Cherry-Evans greeted by a chorus of boos from overly vociferous Broncos fans but even the match officials were making life tough for him. With his side battling to keep pace with the Broncos after conceding two early tries Cherry-Evans fired a superb pass to winger Matthew Wright seven minutes from half-time only for the officials to rule it forward. Sometimes the skills of our best players are really too good for everyone.

Cherry-Evans was troubled by an ankle injury midway through the second half but battled on bravely as the Broncos hit top gear and will have to wait until at least Origin II to hear the cheers from a Queensland crowd.

Do they think QLD will go with him over Morgan on the bench? What's the deal here?

Do they think QLD will go with him over Morgan on the bench? What's the deal here?

I read that QLD could go with Morgan at center ... Maybe thats what they're are thinking

I thought it was a crap game. Sorry, but on that performance, both the Cowboys and the Storm would beat us easily. Take Milford out of this team and we are sod ordinary.

Why did we sign Roberts?
Take the best player out of any team and they are usually ordinary

Did anyone else think the crowd was a bit of a let down?

It was a full house, but it sure as hell didn't sound like one.

Probably to give you something to whinge about.

Yep. I'm so glad you got the message. Against a 2nd rate side, and with a roster as good as ours, and the best coach in the world, we should have put 50 on them.

Whinge? You bloody bet I'm whingeing. I want to see my beloved team, with some of the best players in the game, put together a consistent, structured compelling game of scintillating, team based attacking plays, not flashes of individual brilliance by a couple of outstanding players.

Yes, our defence was good, yes, there were some great occasional plays but this was not a performance from a side with a killer instinct who have worked their plays and execute them mercilessly.

After watching how dreadful Manly were from the opening, I expected 50+ points, with Roberts scoring 4 tries at least, not this individualistic, opportunistic rubbish. I expected sweeping backline movements with the ball moving from one side of the field to the other. Now we have yet another opportunity to make some more excuses: Oh... we did enough, oh, we played to the level of the opposition, oh, we need Macca and Blair, oh, 2 points is 2 points.

Like I said, some brilliant flashes from great players and good defence. I take nothing positive away from this game other than we can beat a 2nd rate team of no hopers.

Let's hope we show our true colours next week, as we more or less did in the 2nd half against the Sharks

Whinge whinge whinge whinge

Last edited:
Yep. I'm so glad you got the message. Against a 2nd rate side, and with a roster as good as ours, and the best coach in the world, we should have put 50 on them.

Whinge? You bloody bet I'm whingeing. I want to see my beloved team, with some of the best players in the game, put together a consistent, structured compelling game of scintillating, team based attacking plays, not flashes of individual brilliance by a couple of outstanding players.

Yes, our defence was good, yes, there were some great occasional plays but this was not a performance from a side with a killer instinct who have worked their plays and execute them mercilessly.

After watching how dreadful Manly were from the opening, I expected 50+ points, with Roberts scoring 4 tries at least, not this individualistic, opportunistic rubbish. I expected sweeping backline movements with the ball moving from one side of the field to the other. Now we have yet another opportunity to make some more excuses: Oh... we did enough, oh, we played to the level of the opposition, oh, we need Macca and Blair, oh, 2 points is 2 points.

Like I said, some brilliant flashes from great players and good defence. I take nothing positive away from this game other than we can beat a 2nd rate team of no hopers.

Let's hope we show our true colours next week, as we more or less did in the 2nd half against the Sharks

Whinge whinge whinge whinge
I hear what you're saying there, i too wanted to see us out Manly to the sword with a clinical display .... but i just don't think this team has the ruthlessness about them.

I believe we will play as good as we need to get the job done. This will no doubt rub some supporters ( like youself) the wrong way, but i really just think it's how it's going to be.

As long as we're winning i guess it really doesn't matter much, but i agree with you .... i really would like to see some structures coming to fruition more often than not.

It's round 10 FFS. I know some people want them to put 50 on every side each week and this other rubbish but those people aren't Wayne Bennett. They aren't the best coach in the game. This part of the season is about getting the 2 points and pacing yourselves, not exhausting yourself and showing the rest of the comp all your tricks so the have more than half a season to work on nullifying them.

It's round 10 FFS. I know some people want them to put 50 on every side each week and this other rubbish but those people aren't Wayne Bennett. They aren't the best coach in the game. This part of the season is about getting the 2 points and pacing yourselves, not exhausting yourself and showing the rest of the comp all your tricks so the have more than half a season to work on nullifying them.

This. When you're one of the best teams in the comp and coached by the best in the comp, you don't show all your cards so early in the season.

Doing so not only allows ways to defend against us but also allows other teams to steal our ideas. We've been winning playing (mainly) simple footy. Can't wait to see what the team is really capable come after the Origin period.

This. It took me a few games to come around, but I'm getting used to it. It might look like we're playing shit, but in actual fact we're just playing the percentages, getting good time in possession, in order to wear the opposition down.

Rewind to 2012 - 2013, **** it looked hard to score tries. It was depressing as a fan. Whenever we were in the opposition 20 we'd actually look quite adventurous, moving the ball around, poking our noses through, but just couldn't get the ball over the line. Then we'd drop the ball and have 2 quick tries scored on us.

It's all down to forward play, and having the halfback and hooker direct the forwards where needed to wear down links in the defensive line. We weren't doing this back then, despite having an international-quality pack. We'd use up all our energy trying to score tries against a defensive line that had not been fatigued, leaving us brittle when the ball was in the opposition's hands.

Now we seem much better at targeting defensive frailties, wearing them down. So that when the opportunities arise, it looks almost effortless to cut through and score. In reality it's been a slow game of chess, where it looks like we're just going through the motions, but in fact we've just been setting up our pieces and manipulating the opposition's.

Active Now

• Ondi
  • Stix
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  • TimWhatley
  • Manofoneway
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Wolfie
  • Fozz
  • Santa
  • Tmac
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.