Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

M

Maddy1to9

QCup Player
Sep 13, 2017
Ohh boy! where to from here? It's a total disgrace that the team have put a show like this on the back of almost 10 day break.

When we are coming into this game with 2 wins in a row (potential confidence building phase) & Manly coming in on the back of 5 game loosing streak, I thought the boys would fire up and put on show but, didn't expect this kind of performance at all from our side. What a disgrace?

Players - Is it something to do with the grass? Or is it something else? Your attitude needs to change drastically. Where's the intensity & energy? How come the non-locals are putting a show @ Suncorp while you guys are utter rubbish? You do not deserve to play at Suncorp which usually have roaring fans to back you week in week out. But, if this is the kind of performance you put in, I am sorry to say you guys are far from being called a 'Bronco' and truly the Mighty Broncos brand is at stake here.

Darius - It's not too late to admit that you're not a captain material at all. Last 2 minutes of the first half when we are unable to score on the back of a 10m scrum, you haven't tried to to get a repeat set. You could've passed the ball, chip kicked or just kicked the damm ball to get a repeat set but, you didn't do that . Rather, you went in circles and gave away the ball to Manly who on the other end almost scored on the stroke of half time. It was surely a momentum shift & confidence booster to Manly going into half time. I would rather not talk about your contribution in 2nd half. It's so painful to watch.

Wayne - not sure what kind of feedback & motivation you would provide after this game but surely the roaster needs a massive overhaul. Please drop the guys who are out of shape, form & commitment to reserve grades and let them spend there few weeks sorting themselves out. Bring in players from our feeder clubs. They can't do much worse than this. In hindsight, they might get some exposure.

Darius - It's not too late to admit that you're not a captain material at all. Last 2 minutes of the first half when we are unable to score on the back of a 10m scrum, you haven't tried to to get a repeat set. You could've passed the ball, chip kicked or just kicked the damm ball to get a repeat set but, you didn't do that . Rather, you went in circles and gave away the ball to Manly who on the other end almost scored on the stroke of half time. It was surely a momentum shift & confidence booster to Manly going into half time. I would rather not talk about your contribution in 2nd half. It's so painful to watch.

I don't see much of a problem with that. There was nothing on and he gets tackled in the corner a few metres out from Manly's line, forcing them to work it out of the corner. Better then potentially giving away a 7 tackle set. It's something that's becoming more common these days, players dying with the ball close to the line instead of putting in a kick and risking giving away a 7 tackle set.

If our defence muscled up, it would have worked in our favour.

Manly already had the momentum at that point.

The fact that it even went to him on the last when there was nothing on the left is the bigger problem.

Dunno, but also dunno why we can’t play on it yet visiting teams can...

The two visiting teams in the past two weeks are used to playing on rubbish fields. We aren't.

Bulldogs weren't slipping over because they are used to playing on a slippery surface for a large chunk of the season. Manly, don't even get me started on Brookvale.

The two visiting teams in the past two weeks are used to playing on rubbish fields. We aren't.

Bulldogs weren't slipping over because they are used to playing on a slippery surface for a large chunk of the season. Manly, don't even get me started on Brookvale.

Well maybe the broncos are too privileged for their own good and players are getting soft.

Wayne in the presser talking about how hard it is having young blokes and making them get up for every week in the NRL.
How about you set an example and get the older players, starting at Darius our captain mind you, to start lifting and getting the boys up. Start playing like a first grade FB, and also a captain. Then you’ve got Glen who made 2 crucial errors when we had momentum. And I’m not even going to mention his big named recruit in bird.
The young blokes at the club are our shining lights. The likes of TPJ and Su’A are leading this club, and are among the youngest. Haas, dislocates his shoulder and makes a try saving tackle. Darius isn’t even running straight, or with enthusiasm. This for mine is why we are in the position we are.

Due to technical difficulties with @Nashy 's "brain", the Post-Game thread was accidentally deleted.

Unfortunately, only the last page could be recovered, apologies to the authors of the previous posts.
For what it's worth, here are the screenshots of the last page posts:

Upload 2018 5 12 23 34 29

Upload 2018 5 12 23 35 5

Upload 2018 5 12 23 35 35

Upload 2018 5 12 23 36 5

Upload 2018 5 12 23 37 11

Wayne in the presser talking about how hard it is having young blokes and making them get up for every week in the NRL.
How about you set an example and get the older players, starting at Darius our captain mind you, to start lifting and getting the boys up. Start playing like a first grade FB, and also a captain. Then you’ve got Glen who made 2 crucial errors when we had momentum. And I’m not even going to mention his big named recruit in bird.
The young blokes at the club are our shining lights. The likes of TPJ and Su’A are leading this club, and are among the youngest. Haas, dislocates his shoulder and makes a try saving tackle. Darius isn’t even running straight, or with enthusiasm. This for mine is why we are in the position we are.

Wayne has no faith in the young players either. Gives them hardly any minutes and hooks them as soon as they make an error. That's why most of them leave because they don't have many opportunities to shine here

Trbojevicj try celeb  180512701

Sea Eagles bounce back to stun flat Broncos

May 12, 2018

Powered by inspired lock Jake Trbojevic, the Sea Eagles broke a five game losing streak to shock the Broncos 38-24 at Suncorp Stadium.

Trbojevic had two tries by half-time, made a clean break which could easily have resulted in another and produced up tackle after tackle to lift the underdogs to an 18-14 half-time lead.

Manly never looked back and dominated the final 40 minutes in every aspect of the game.

Fullback Tom Trbojevic had a shaky start to the match with a couple of errors, but played himself back into form and NSW Blues contention with numerous probing incisions clutching the Steeden.

The win was orchestrated by halfback and captain Daly Cherry-Evans, whose kicking game was a source of points and constant headaches for the Broncos defence.

If anything summed up Manly's mentality it was a one-on-one try saving tackle by Akuila Uate on back-rower Jaydn Su'A in the second half.

The Sea Eagles were more desperate, defended better and attacked with a fluency which eluded the Broncos.

The clash of the two young giants, Brisbane's Payne Haas and Manly's Taniela Paseka, had an unfortunate ending for both props.

Haas entered the fray in the first half and sustained a partial dislocated shoulder but bravely played on.

That valiant display was cut short by common sense at half-time and Haas did not return.

Paseka was powerful in his limited game time but came to grief in the second-half when he left the field with an injured ankle.

Wayne Bennett's attempt to ignite Jack Bird by switching him to right centre and James Roberts to the left did not have the desired impact.

Roberts did not see much ball but at least went looking for it and set up a late try for Jamayne Isaako.

Manly scored early courtesy of a spitting grubber by Cherry-Evans which bamboozled Kodi Nikorima and the luckless Bird with Jake Trbojevic picking up the scraps.

Brisbane responded from close range through hooker Andrew McCullough whose strength and desire won out despite three Manly defenders grappling with him.

The value of McCullough came to the fore again when a short pass to Sam Thaiday sent the veteran over.

A Dylan Walker short ball found a barnstorming Joel Thompson, the Trbojevic brothers combined with Jake scoring his second and the Sea Eagles had an 18-14 half-time lead.

Manly put the foot down in the second half as the Broncos opened up in the middle of the park. In-form hooker Apisai Koroisau gave NSW coach Brad Fittler plenty to think about when he surged out of dummy-half.

Uate finished a slick left-side move and Thompson celebrated Indigenous Round with a double after following a Cherry-Evans kick.

The Broncos did provide a moment of magic in the second half when Anthony Milford snatched a Nikorima chip out of the air at speed to race away.

That magic was too sporadic to give the Broncos any chance of victory.

Their top eight chances will get a stern test next week when the Roosters visit Suncorp Stadium.

Source: NRL.com

Due to technical difficulties with @Nashy 's "brain", the Post-Game thread was accidentally deleted.

Unfortunately, only the last page could be recovered, apologies to the authors of the previous posts.
For what it's worth, here are the screenshots of the last page posts:

View attachment 3006

View attachment 3007

View attachment 3008

View attachment 3009

View attachment 3010
Probably for the best.

I’d like to be able to erase tonight’s game from my memory, but this will have to do.

Are we not all thoroughly entertained by what we saw tonight?

It is clear not only 1, but possibly 3 wheels have fallen off, but stuffed if I know why? Even with no halfback, you would think that this roster and this coaching staff would have us playing a better standard than what we saw tonight. That is one, possibly two decent to passable games we have played out of 10 this year.

I hope that they are actually working behind the scenes to identify what the issues are and how they can be addressed, but it just does not look like it.

I think we are to the stage that at least 2-3 tough calls have to be made and players dropped. Placing your faith in players is admirable to a point, beyond that point it is either a failure to accept the reality that mistakes have bern made, or sheer pigheaded obtuseness.

All we can do is strap ourselves in and see which direction the rollercoaster takes us next week.

I say lay back and enjoy it - it's a hell of a toboggan ride!

Missed my first Broncos game in about 10 years tonight when my Foxtel box shit itself an hour before the game. Looks like it may have just killed itself to save me the trouble of watching another shit performance from us though, so no harm done. Thanks Mr. Foxtel.

None of this surprises me. Many fans have been aware for many months now that this squad wasn't a title contender because the talent just isn't there. An inexperienced pack, a terrible halfback, no depth whatsoever.

Throw in a serious injury toll which worsens every week, a couple of vital players out of form and at least three players who aren't up to NRL level (Opa, Sims, Sammy) and you have a team that will seriously struggle to keep pace.

The best case scenario is that they claw their way to a playoff spot, the worst case is that they finish in the cellar which is a real possibility if the injury toll continues to increase. As a fan, it's heartbreaking but certainly not totally unexpected. They have probably done well to be 5-5 and I expect it to get worse before it gets better.

I say lay back and enjoy it - it's a hell of a toboggan ride!
Good point. I feel there needs to be a drastic shake-up. WB and several players need to be moved on. 2 or 3 years of pain but then we could or should be a powerhouse again.

Cowboys have also hit the wall, Cronulla look only a little better than us and I guess next year if not later this year, Melbourne will slide as well. Though to be honest if Melbourne still have Bellamy on the books, their rebuild may be quite minor.

I guess that mean "Wolfy" and "Locky***********" (Whatever his or her username is) will denounce me as a Melbourne supporter (but will somehow still delude themselves enough to not admit they were wrong about me being a Newcastle supporter) but that's ok. After tonight, I don't really care. WB has been in the business a year too long. He has to go.

McCullough can do some nice things, but there was a set where we were trying to fight back into the game, perfect opportunity on the attack, and he delivers one of the shittiest attacking sets of the night, just trying to get forwards to barge over right in the middle (including using Milford as a forward too). That's where I realised we weren't coming back, that was our big chance and the confidence dropped for a long time afterwards.

When is Kahu back? He's so much better than Isaako. Other than kicking, he can't do anything.

And how the **** are the halves in QLD Cup going? Is there anyone in NSW Cup who is good? ESL? Shane Perry, is he still around?

Boyd did a couple of good things, but his positioning looked awful from what I've seen. Nowhere to be found most of the time. Only see him watching tries get scored on replay.

Milford tried really hard, but I have a feeling he was gassed after last week.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mick_Hancock
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Xzei
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Johnny92
  • Jazza
  • FACTHUNT
  • I bleed Maroon
  • jd87
  • Hurrijo
  • Brocko
  • Evander
  • KateBroncos1812
  • johnny plath
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.