Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

The overarching problem last night was attitude...I have never left a game early (even Storm floggings), but I couldn't watch anymore with 25 minutes to go.
The atmosphere was awful, and the Broncos were awful.
I think losing last week would have been better for us.

one thing that annoyed me last night was when we were trying to work the ball from our own end and Macca was waiting on the 30m line until the play reached him, before jumping into dummy half.

He probably isn’t fit (between leg interrupting pre season and now elbow) and being asked or expected to do too much. Aside from Can Smith who else can make 50 tackles, lead the team (Boyd isn’t), kick, provide great service and run the ball for 80 minutes?

Macca is far from my list of not putting effort in. He just needs to be able to play less minutes and tackles so when he is on he adds that extra energy to doing his core job in attack better. That is why we have KNik. Wouldn’t mind even if we use Macca for first 30 at hooker then next 20 at lock/dual hooker to hold defence together and tackle everything that moves while starting props off. Kodi on at 30 for hooker. One interchange essentially (for hooker) and both get right number of minutes. Macca wouldn’t be a bad link man in attack at lock either potentially.

He probably isn’t fit (between leg interrupting pre season and now elbow) and being asked or expected to do too much. Aside from Can Smith who else can make 50 tackles, lead the team (Boyd isn’t), kick, provide great service and run the ball for 80 minutes?

Macca is far from my list of not putting effort in. He just needs to be able to play less minutes and tackles so when he is on he adds that extra energy to doing his core job in attack better. That is why we have KNik. Wouldn’t mind even if we use Macca for first 30 at hooker then next 20 at lock/dual hooker to hold defence together and tackle everything that moves while starting props off. Kodi on at 30 for hooker. One interchange essentially (for hooker) and both get right number of minutes. Macca wouldn’t be a bad link man in attack at lock either potentially.

i could potentially understand if it was at the end of the match and he had played for 80mins making 50+ tackles ...

but this happened early in the second half and he had only made 21 tackles at the time

we have won 3 out of our last 5 ... don't know how you get that we are "almost guaranteed a loss"
How i get that is by watching the team play every week. Do you really call any of our wins this season, a solid real win?

The only win i was somewhat satisfied with was against the warriors and perhaps the 1st half against the cowboys. Other than that, we have been mostly lucky to win the other games.

Well....you have to see it through the eyes of a whingy crybaby, like Dee.
Lol nice one dude. Yeah I'm a whingy crybaby, I'll take that, I've been called worse lol but what I am also is a realist. I actually watch the games and can see how we are playing and no matter how much i love the Broncos or how much it hurts to admit the reality of things, i call it as i see it and this season, we haven't been top 8 worthy. I wish I could live in a fools paradise like you pal.

i could potentially understand if it was at the end of the match and he had played for 80mins making 50+ tackles ...

but this happened early in the second half and he had only made 21 tackles at the time
It's called conserving energy. Nothing wrong with that, given the first few tackles are normally taken from the ruck by the backs.

Payne Glass.....???
Is this potentially because an 18 year old has not had time to get the same physical conditioning and fortitude of a 22+ y.o. player?

I think his size and enthusiasm are great, but he has not learned how to handle NRL quality props who have been around for a number of years. Look at the Klemmer tackle last week, lined him up and boom.

He's an amazing prospect, but all front rowers have to learn how to deal with other big boys that they are possibly not used to smashing into at the under 20s level.

Once he's in his 20s and his body has matured more, he will be a beast, injuries will hopefully be less of a concern and he will be a bit smarter on how he handles guys as (almost) big as him.

We'd be a much better team if Bennett trained us to give away penalty after penalty in the first 30 minutes during try scoring opportunities. Manly should have had a player sin binned last night. And every team that wins regularly has been doing it. We got most of our penalties inside the opposition ten while they got theirs in their own half which marched them down the field. Cheaters prosper in rugby league.

He also needs to train these professional athletes to eat better and not drop the ball all the time. Apart from that, the bullshit this team put out last night was 100% on the players.

Yeah, I could tell the penalties were going to bite us in the ass after Manly gave away 4 in 2 minutes. Refs almost always even them up.

Is this potentially because an 18 year old has not had time to get the same physical conditioning and fortitude of a 22+ y.o. player?

I think his size and enthusiasm are great, but he has not learned how to handle NRL quality props who have been around for a number of years. Look at the Klemmer tackle last week, lined him up and boom.

He's an amazing prospect, but all front rowers have to learn how to deal with other big boys that they are possibly not used to smashing into at the under 20s level.

Once he's in his 20s and his body has matured more, he will be a beast, injuries will hopefully be less of a concern and he will be a bit smarter on how he handles guys as (almost) big as him.

How can you say he can’t handle it when the same things could of happened to any prop in the game. He got a sprained ankle from a low tackle and his shoulder popped out from landing wrong on it. In both situations he wanted to play on so that’s exactly what we want from a player.

True. But has to pace himself since knows he’s playing 80.

I know People will say it’s just “Wayne been Wayne” but what the f@#$ was the deal with him having a crack at the young guys for “not been able to get up for the game”? How about sims 4 runs for 22 meters or the Thaiday 6 runs for 52 meters? Just ignore your young forwards totals of 122, 140, 160 and 103 meters.

He still refused to acknowledge we have a problem in the halves as well even when promted on their performance he just put it straight back on the forwards.

I know People will say it’s just “Wayne been Wayne” but what the f@#$ was the deal with him having a crack at the young guys for “not been able to get up for the game”? How about sims 4 runs for 22 meters or the Thaiday 6 runs for 52 meters? Just ignore your young forwards totals of 122, 140, 160 and 103 meters.

He still refused to acknowledge we have a problem in the halves as well even when promted on their performance he just put it straight back on the forwards.

If he admits we have a problem of any kind then the media have a feeding frenzy. Say what you are obligated to say to them and nothing more.

Careful now, you're talking smack about the Gandalf of coaches. You know Wayne does this to take the heat off niko and other under performing players so they won't lose more confidence and have a sulk.

Just saw Glenn walking through South Bank in a leg brace. Didn’t look happy.

Well he did have a bit of a shocker and is now injured so he feels he is letting the team down and did you say anything to him?

Scoring 24 and conceding 38 seems to be a defence issue IMO, not a mtrs gained issue.

Last edited:
Despite loosing, I went to the game last night and got to meet most the players and even got some pictures with Kahu, Milf, Roberts, Mcguire, Gillet, Boyd and met Bird and his attitude was hurry up and get it so i can move on type, went to the tunnel at the end and Tevita was pissed off so he should be, most walked up the tunnel but milf, boyd, roberts stayed around for a tiny bit and got some pics with players which is good.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncoscope
  • BroncosMan
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • broncotville
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Dash
  • Culhwch
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • bb_gun
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.