Round 10 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos

Coates is a bit of a one trick pony in attack and now teams are countering that by using their centres as a blocker to nullify the momentum he can get into his leaps

I don't think she's token, she used to be a genuinely good host before she turned into exaggeration everything is wonderful central all the time. She'd basically a fake hype machine now and it's disgusting
She lost her looks, now all she has is talking everything up. So she is really just the token happy gal.
It was like she didn’t even listen to what the others said. They had just spent 30 minutes talking about how the spectacle was ruined and they are concerned about the game and she wraps up with how amazing it was.
Because the game is just a paycheck for her, she never put her body on the line for it. She is a fake, like so many other so called "analysts".

Big worry I have is we still have no set plays, no structure and no gamenplan. Our wins have been on the back of us playing on emotion and effort. We are very much a reflection of Kevvies personality.
No we are a reflection of our halfs personality, Milf looks disinterested and only wanted kicking duties until he was obviously told to stop kicking.

No we are a reflection of our halfs personality, Milf looks disinterested and only wanted kicking duties until he was obviously told to stop kicking.
Absolutely.

Watching live I thought he was out there just to hoist a fifth tackle bomb, it’s all he did (twice) in the first 8 or so minutes.

Then he increased his involvement to run in and push someone out of the way to play the ball from a set restart in the opposition 20. Like somehow in his mind it was a good idea that one of our halves (who should get his hands on the ball as much as possible in the attacking zone) removed himself from the play altogether. He did this later in the game as well.

I said in the live chat he didn’t want to be out there. Those plays on their own were quite simply, fucking bizarre.

Then in the final 15 minutes after we got absolutely hammered, he was bobbing up everywhere, playing with some sort of urgency. Mate, we’re down 44-6, why start now?

It was like he was in some sort of trance for the first 65 minutes and didn’t realise the game was on.

He might have a chance to resurrect his career at another club, but his time at the Broncos should have been over when he got dropped to the Magpies, if not earlier.

Absolutely.

Watching live I thought he was out there just to hoist a fifth tackle bomb, it’s all he did (twice) in the first 8 or so minutes.

Then he increased his involvement to run in and push someone out of the way to play the ball from a set restart in the opposition 20. Like somehow in his mind it was a good idea that one of our halves (who should get his hands on the ball as much as possible in the attacking zone) removed himself from the play altogether. He did this later in the game as well.

I said in the live chat he didn’t want to be out there. Those plays on their own were quite simply, fucking bizarre.

Then in the final 15 minutes after we got absolutely hammered, he was bobbing up everywhere, playing with some sort of urgency. Mate, we’re down 44-6, why start now?

It was like he was in some sort of trance for the first 65 minutes and didn’t realise the game was on.

He might have a chance to resurrect his career at another club, but his time at the Broncos should have been over when he got dropped to the Magpies, if not earlier.

That's easily explainable. It's Milford looking out for Milford. He has long since accepted his time at Brisbane is ending one way or another, so as soon as he realized the team was staring down the barrel of a 50+ point loss in front of the home crowd with him in the starting halves, he quickly caught on that the optics of that really aren't good for his next contract, which is when he decided to even half wake up and try and do something. That to me says a lot about his attitude. He just isn't a team player. He comes across to me as way too invested in his own image rather than the image of the team he is playing in. When he's not being straight up lazy, he's pulling his finger out (to seemingly minimal effect) because suddenly he's worried that the situation his team finds itself in doesn't reflect well on him personally.

I've really begun to call Milford's raw character into question in recent times. He comes across to me as a Jarryd Hayne type personality but with no Dally M's to point at and say "See, I AM a great player". Milford looks in the mirror every morning and sees a superstar regardless of what others might think or what the results might say, and his teammates can see that. Doesn't anyone else find it strange how the team as a whole begins to turn their form around when Milford is dropped, only to fall into a pit again a couple of weeks after he is brought back?

Nobody will be surprised to hear I am an unapologetically one eyed Broncos supporter, but I really do pity whichever team Milford ends up going to in 2022. If he isn't the root cause of this teams horrendous attitude issues, he is definitely not far removed from it. Only a few days ago I said that the idea of Milford partnering Reynolds in the halves sounded a lot more interesting than experimenting with Staggs at 6. It didn't take much for that point of view to do a 180 straight back into "See ya, Milf!" territory. I've accused him of Dave Taylor syndrome in the past, but if anything he is worse than Dave Taylor. He is a lazy, dispassionate and a sickeningly apathetic failure of a player, and the sooner this club is free of him the better.

That's easily explainable. It's Milford looking out for Milford. He has long since accepted his time at Brisbane is ending one way or another, so as soon as he realized the team was staring down the barrel of a 50+ point loss in front of the home crowd with him in the starting halves, he quickly caught on that the optics of that really aren't good for his next contract, which is when he decided to even half wake up and try and do something. That to me says a lot about his attitude. He just isn't a team player. He comes across to me as way too invested in his own image rather than the image of the team he is playing in. When he's not being straight up lazy, he's pulling his finger out (to seemingly minimal effect) because suddenly he's worried that the situation his team finds itself in doesn't reflect well on him personally.

I've really begun to call Milford's raw character into question in recent times. He comes across to me as a Jarryd Hayne type personality but with no Dally M's to point at and say "See, I AM a great player". Milford looks in the mirror every morning and sees a superstar regardless of what others might think or what the results might say, and his teammates can see that. Doesn't anyone else find it strange how the team as a whole begins to turn their form around when Milford is dropped, only to fall into a pit again a couple of weeks after he is brought back?

Nobody will be surprised to hear I am an unapologetically one eyed Broncos supporter, but I really do pity whichever team Milford ends up going to in 2022. If he isn't the root cause of this teams horrendous attitude issues, he is definitely not far removed from it. Only a few days ago I said that the idea of Milford partnering Reynolds in the halves sounded a lot more interesting than experimenting with Staggs at 6. It didn't take much for that point of view to do a 180 straight back into "See ya, Milf!" territory. I've accused him of Dave Taylor syndrome in the past, but if anything he is worse than Dave Taylor. He is a lazy, dispassionate and a sickeningly apathetic failure of a player, and the sooner this club is free of him the better.
He was getting over called by Gamble at every opportunity early in the game. Turpin was actively going away from milf and gamble completely shit the bed on a number of occasions. Turpin gets dragged after 30 minutes, but by that point we’re getting fingered by vlandys ball. Milf was up in the face of 4 & 12 making a number of tackles including 1 on 1 on men much bigger than him and was involved in two hold up/ cover defence situations where if he wasn’t there they score a try.

I really don’t know what they **** you’re watching or expect the bloke to do when we’re getting fisted up to the elbow by the refs

I went to training Thursday morning and decided to watch the ball work session from the car park for an overview. You know the old saying, you play how you train. Well training was terrible, dropped ball everywhere, minimal chat and the intensity was really low. I said to one of the by standers, if they don't come out and go again this afternoon to clean that up they might be in big strife Friday night.

Absolute garbage tonight, all round. The team, the refs, the NRL and the so-called “magic round”.

Both games were absolute arse. Shan’t be watching the rest of the round, at all. I’ll spend my time more productively. Maybe stare at the wall for 6 hours tomorrow arvo…
Doomben 10000 today, go have a 1000 beers a few bets and check the scenery. Should be some top viewing in the grandstands

Gerard Sutton was giddy with excitement over the new rules, he was dying to put his stamp on the game. The bunker had to talk him out of another 2 sin bins.

For the Riki sin-bin the bunker obviously tried to tell him there was nothing in it, and he kept repeating "no, it's more than that, it's more than that". Wanker.

The first glaring issue, need a 9 who can play and isn't either slow with limited vision (turpin) or a hog who plays for himself (levi)
The 9 is the most crucial player as it all starts from there. Defensively the 9 need to lead the middles and in attack the 9 sees everything and needs to read the game.
Turbinator and the new hogmann (levi) aren't going to win you games.

Gerard Sutton was giddy with excitement over the new rules, he was dying to put his stamp on the game. The bunker had to talk him out of another 2 sin bins.

For the Riki sin-bin the bunker obviously tried to tell him there was nothing in it, and he kept repeating "no, it's more than that, it's more than that". Wanker.
I can cop the riki sin bin, that was just shit from him leading with his head. I can't cop the gamble one though.

I dunno, seemed to me like Manly had ball players everywhere,, keeping the ball moving, setting up shapes and running harder. We didn't have any ball playing. One out running, and utterly awful lack of variety out of dummy half. I reckon it might be wise to rethink the way we play in attack. Dummy half is a major worry.
Even Marty tapau had better ball playing than our halves.... even their halves ran harder than our forwards...

With the Riki sin-bin the bunker obviously tried to tell him there was nothing in it, and he kept repeating "no, it's more than that, it's more than that". Wanker.
Was that on tellie or at the ground with the ears

It's time the scoring side kicks off.
They have to do something to stop the massive flow of possession ruining games.
Just sent them an email asking them to explain our lopsided penalty count over the last few years and called last night’s shambles a disgrace.

Big Gordo is shooting it straight, nearly in tears. At least somebody has the balls to defend our game.

I wonder if he would have done the same if it was Seibold’s broncos that was on the end of that? I’d hazard a guess he would have focused solely how bad we played

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fitzy
  • Battler
  • Browny
  • The Don
  • Mick_Hancock
  • NSW stables
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
  • Mustafur
  • Dash
  • Harry Sack
  • Financeguy
  • Skathen
  • Johnny92
  • achievedrap
  • ivanhungryjak
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.