Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Badel really has it in for Brodie

View attachment 8825

Badel says:

"It was Seibold who wanted to sign Brodie Croft. His purchase as Brisbane’s halfback has failed. The Storm don’t release players without good reason. Melbourne believed Croft couldn’t fire under pressure and the Broncos No.7 and halves partner Anthony Milford simply haven’t jelled. Croft’s limp-armed failure to stop Luciano Leilua’s 24th-minute try was pea-hearted. Milford’s confidence is shot. It is the coach’s job to harness, extract and cultivate individual talent for a collective benefit."

McHunt
I mean he's targetting Brodie because he was the ultimate Seibold signing... he writes these articles to bring him down in order to bring Seibold further down and try and get a scalp. It's behind a paywall, but I'm guessing he doesn't do a deep dive analysis of Brodie's game, just points out a couple of nothing stats and the shit missed tackle that he had... even though the tries down the other edge were fucking horrendous as well

I swear half the shit league journos do is to try and get scalps so they have something to bring to the table when they're chugging each other's dicks.

They've been trying forever to get Bennett and they got him last year... but the ultimate prize is to get the broncos organisation... get the scalp of the most successful team of the last 30 years... the poster child of super league... the invader of NSWRL.

They want NSWRL back and they think if they kill off the broncos they can just chuck the bombers in there and QLD will flock to them... they don't realise that the broncos are popular, because they were a hugely successful organisation that took it to the Sydney ***** and won.

They don't realise that all of QLD fucking hate these shit eating bottom feeders in Sydney and that replacing the broncos with a plastic franchise will see QLD lose interest in rugby league.

Last edited:
What a load of shit. This sort of destructive, caustic, urine journalism is exactly what the morons of the world, feed on. There's nothing like destroying a player publicly is there Badel, you arsehole. Enjoy your pea hearted excuse for journalism
In fairness to Badel, he's right: it was a pretty woeful effort. Have another look:

This one's not great either:

Last edited:
Brodie has been terrible and doesn't belong in a first grade side.

It is interesting the broncos won't give a groomed junior in Dearden a shot over a bought player who has achieved absolutely nothing in the NRL. It is however basically the only thing Seibold has done to the roster and does look bad for him.

I mean he's targetting Brodie because he was the ultimate Seibold signing... he writes these articles to bring him down in order to bring Seibold further down and try and get a scalp. It's behind a paywall, but I'm guessing he doesn't do a deep dive analysis of Brodie's game, just points out a couple of nothing stats and the shit missed tackle that he had... even though the tries down the other edge were fucking horrendous as well

I swear half the shit league journos do is to try and get scalps so they have something to bring to the table when they're chugging each other's dicks.

They've been trying forever to get Bennett and they got him last year... but the ultimate prize is to get the broncos organisation... get the scalp of the most successful team of the last 30 years... the poster child of super league... the invader of NSWRL.

They want NSWRL back and they think if they kill off the broncos they can just chuck the bombers in there and QLD will flock to them... they don't realise that the broncos are popular, because they were a hugely successful organisation that took it to the Sydney ***** and won.

They don't realise that all of QLD fucking hate these shit eating bottom feeders in Sydney and that replacing the broncos with a plastic franchise will see QLD lose interest in rugby league.

I get it, but there is so much wrong with this club that he can easily bring it down without singling out and targeting one player. It is cowardly and what you would expect from Badel.

I get it, but there is so much wrong with this club that he can easily bring it down without singling out and targeting one player. It is cowardly and what you would expect from Badel.
I really don't understand why the club haven't just banned him from their media.

If they did he would just snipe hard from the sideline, but just ignore everything he says... ignore every question he asks. Give him absolutely nothing, discredit everything he says.

Brisbane is a one team town... see how well his career goes sniping from the sideline with no access to the only meal ticket in town.

Goes as far as leaking him bad information so he looks like a total fucking moron... I mean more of a moron then he already is.

Last edited:
Kids, don't trust this man to coach your footy team.

Screenshot 2020 07 18 Brisbane Broncos on Twitter Hear from Broncos coach Anthony Seibold aft

I’m willing to give the coach one last shot until Tuesday, we’ll game day next week. If and when the same side is named/put out on the field and none of the protected species are out, then that’s it. If and when he names the same side again (minus Oates) he is done.

The reason for this is that I have a little sympathy here. The team won the week before and so it was hard to drop anyone (yes I know and totally agree they should have been dropped weeks/seasons ago) but now he has the one last bit of ammunition he can use. If he once again doesn’t use it, well he is clearly done (he already is I think most agree) but give him this one last Eurovision Fire Starter style train wreck of a dance.

Plus it would be unfair to bring a new coach / assistant coach in for the annual Storm slaughterfest.

In fairness to Badel, he's right: it was a pretty woeful effort. Have another look:

Well, yes, Croft's technique was shit. If you're a small guy, you just don't try to stop someone as big as Leilua by going around the shoulders, you tackle the legs. However, Coates again came in from his wing. Yet again. he just can't help himself. And there was no communication at all.

A lot to work on, but we knew all that. Seibold is almost out of time as far as our shoddy defence is concerned. It's a problem which has been festering for years. If he can't get the players to respond, then he isn't the coach for this side. At a bare minimum, he has a week to make serious changes, even given our horrific injury list.

Last edited:
Not yet. For mine he has a week to show he is control, then, it's up to the players. If that fails, yes, it will be time.

The first one was shocking, but I daresay Croft realised he was just flat out beaten by the halves play... he should've still thrown his body into it, but it wouldn't have done anything anyway. I would say for that first one we only got about 2m off our try line so no matter what that was leading to a try... In that instance I think it is Oates responsibility to pressure the half from the inside as well, which then forces the half to play the ball before they can get to the defending half and isolate them with the forward, but other more technically minded posters will have a better idea about that.

The second one I think was a bit unlucky more than anything.

They went the short drop out, but Isaako had to kick to our right wing, because Coates is our best leaper... and that is the non-preferred side for a right foot kicker, but you can't really chuck your right winger on the left wing for a defensive set inside your 10m... although let's be honest we have no defence inside our own 10m anyway.

The drop out went too far, but Coates went hard for it anyway... Croft ended up getting caught up with one of the tigers players and all of a sudden the entire edge was left open.

Croft was no chance of bringing Leilua down when he had a bit of speed built up and him trying to chase him down from behind. Was always going to be swatted away like a fly or rag dolled over the try line... he was on a hiding to nothing in the end

Last edited:
Yeah sure, and then another, and another, and another. How many times do we need to be in this position to figure out the boat has already sunk?

In this context, he has a week. If fir no other reason than not to absolve the Board of responsibility by being their fall guy.

If we keep on loosing like this surely he gets sacked?. A club like us cant keep on loosing this way and showing these piss poor performaces. even with these perofrmace shot talk in his contract it has to happen. surely...

I still refuse to believe, contrary to the opinion of some on here that Seibold isn't coaching the team. Any bloke on the street can tell you we would be staying in games better if at a minimum our forwards ran harder (like all the other good packs are doing), came up in a line in defence (like all the good teams are doing- and quickly), and talked in defence to stop our wingers who have no trust in their centres rushing in each play.

There is no way, he tells them "One off runs only this weekend boys, Milli its your job to put up towering midfield bombs and run sideways". Our back 5 are making no metres whatsoever and are taking way too many shit runs out of yardage where our forwards arent helping.

I don't blame Seibs completely, but when so many of the team are either clearly ignoring his gameplan, dont give a **** about their team or teammates and simply aren't improving, he just has to go.

I do blame Seibold for shocking bench usage, where it seems he has no clue how to defer away from his predetermined subs he has written down pre game, I blame him for allowing Haas to play way way too many minutes at times burning him and limiting his impact and I do blame him for not making some tough selection choices. We can all see the likes of Flegler, Milf, Croft. Isaako, 90% of the team and Boyd have all been terrible but he has refused to make changes. The injury excuse only goes so far when you look at what Raiders did on Thursday night. That team played for Ricky, our team doesn't seem to give 2 ***** about Seibold.

Active Now

• Mightybroncs2k17
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • jarro65
  • Manifesto
  • Old Mate
  • Broncosgirl
  • whykickamoocow
  • the_next
  • Bucking Beads
  • peter09
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.