POST GAME Round 10 - Tigers vs Broncos

Turps was replaced several weeks ago by a more experienced hooker in Issac Luke. At best Turps would be a bench player or equivalent starting hooker so he gets ruled out. Bird hasn't played a single game this year and only a spluttering over the last two seasons so he gets ruled out. leaves six, fair enough, but Arthurs and Herbie are fringe first graders and would hardly make a difference, certainly not between losing 48 Nil and winning, and if everyone was fit good chance they too wouldn't make the run on side anyway, certainly not over Bird so can't have it both ways. Point is other teams play with more injuries and don't get flogged to Nil every second or third game. Seibold can't be using this as an excuse.

Replaced, fucking hell. Mate you should suit up for the team cos your about as clueless as them.

Replaced, fucking hell. Mate you should suit up for the team cos your about as clueless as them.

Hmm. Yeah, He was replaced, That's what normally happens when a player gets injured in the NRL. They get replaced. It's an english word that is sometimes used instead of the word "substitute" In Turpins case not only was he Replaced, (Sorry that damn English word again you are having so much trouble with), but he was Replaced with a more experienced and at least as equal or more capable player. His name is Issac Luke. Look him up. He plays for the Brisbane Broncos in Australia in a competition called the National Rugby league. **** me. Talk about completely missing the point and arguing on semantics

Carrigan tries hard but he often seems to be the first to do something stupid which then results in the floodgates opening. Often he's the first to give away a penalty, last night he had an absolute embarassing effort having the ball just taken out of his hands where the Tigs scored a few second later.

Last edited:
Same excuse every week. Blames the Injury list. In reality, Corey oats aside, there are five starters injured. One of those is Jack Bird who has been injured for two and half years so he doesn't count. You are only looking at Lodge, Glenn, Staggs and Fifita and three of those were all playing at some capacity in the last 7 weeks and made **** all difference. That leaves Fifita. Guess we are a one man team well
Am I a joke to you?

Cover image jxb2084w 3000x3000 jaketurpin

[automerge]1595060694[/automerge]
Carrigan tries hard but he often seems to be the first to do something stupid which then results in the floodgates opening. Often he's the first to give away a penalty, last night he had an absolute embarassing effort having the ball just taken out of his hands where the Tigs scored a few second later.
I really like Patty - and I hate to say this - but he's been a failure as captain.

Last edited:
Turpin wasn't replaced, he was out injured and Luke was only called in because the Broncos let McCullough go.

Other teams don't go through rebuilds or coaching changes during a worldwide pandemic either. I've seen a lot of comparison between Brisbane and Canberra and it's just ridiculous. Canberra have had seven seasons under the one coach, they've been through their share of embarrassing moments and they've come out the otherside a more resilient team. Credit to them, but to compare their injury toll to what the Broncos are going through is chalk and cheese.

If anything the Broncos are going through a similar trend as the Bulldogs.
Canterbury ? Coaching change during a pandemic. Rebuild ? Probably but the Broncos didn't need a rebuild when Seibold took over did they? You amongst others waxed lyrical at the quality of our roster at that time so, Seibold doesn't really have an excuse. It's possible he's not good enough.

Hmm. Yeah, He was replaced, That's what normally happens when a player gets injured in the NRL. They get replaced. It's an english word that is sometimes used instead of the word "substitute" In Turpins case not only was he Replaced, (Sorry that damn English word again you are having so much trouble with), but he was Replaced with a more experienced and at least as equal or more capable player. His name is Issac Luke. Look him up. He plays for the Brisbane Broncos in Australia in a competition called the National Rugby league. **** me. Talk about completely missing the point and arguing on semantics

It's not a matter of semantics when you go onto say that Turpin would at best be an interchange player or the equivalent of Luke at starting hooker. He's the first choice hooker at the club and the only reason Luke was even considered was because Turpin and McCullough were unavailable.

Canterbury ? Coaching change during a pandemic. Rebuild ? Probably but the Broncos didn't need a rebuild when Seibold took over did they? You amongst others waxed lyrical at the quality of our roster at that time so, Seibold doesn't really have an excuse. It's possible he's not good enough.

Oh come on Huge, we were in the first stage of a major rebuild. Seibold was hired to oversee it.

The talent in our roster was clear - a whole lot of missiles without a guidance system.

You wouldn't have have an agenda here against Seibold which is clouding an objective assessment of the facts?

I really like Patty - and I hate to say this - but he's been a failure as captain.
This was my concern with throwing a youngster with **** all first grade experience the captaincy. He may yet be a good captain in the future but he needs to earn his stripes before he gets the honour, it's difficult to believe that seasoned first graders are going to respect a kid with less than 50 games and buy into whatever hes trying to sell. Yes there are the odd examples where it has worked, but by and large the captaincy goes to someone who at the very least, has played a few full seasons at the club or at another.

Problem is, we have no suitable alternatives. That's probably one of the few things you cant blame seibold for.

Oh come on Huge, we were in the first stage of a major rebuild. Seibold was hired to oversee it.

The talent in our roster was clear - a whole lot of missiles without a guidance system.

You wouldn't have have an agenda here against Seibold which is clouding an objective assessment of the facts?
Ummm, no. Honestly mate, do a quick review of the posts immediately after Seibold arrived and see if you can find any mentioning a rebuild !!! It most certainly was not the widespread view, in fact it was at the other end of the spectrum. Boundless possibility and enthusiasm. No, it's not an agenda, it's just me remembering what was the current view and not rewriting history to pretend we were rebuilding. The foundations were already sound, at the very least we were a top eight team and quite a few thought top 4. That's the reality of then.

Last edited:
This was my concern with throwing a youngster with **** all first grade experience the captaincy. He may yet be a good captain in the future but he needs to earn his stripes before he gets the honour, it's difficult to believe that seasoned first graders are going to respect a kid with less than 50 games and buy into whatever hes trying to sell. Yes there are the odd examples where it has worked, but by and large the captaincy goes to someone who at the very least, has played a few full seasons at the club or at another.

Problem is, we have no suitable alternatives. That's probably one of the few things you cant blame seibold for.
I think Croft was named captain in the first game but I see your point. In hindsight perhaps Boyd was still the best choice, maybe even some in the team thought that too?? Not saying he was but at the time it seemed to me that Seibold was bending to fan sentiment and I remember thinking at the time that he was weak for doing so.

Huge said:

I was impressed with a couple of wins they had in 2018 and some of the prospects they had coming through. I thought they could use 2019 as a step towards premiership success as long as they made some smart choices around coaching, recruitment and retention.

It's fair to say that didn't happen. The fall out between the club and Bennett was ugly and it made things very difficult for Seibold moving forward. There were some players who didn't want to stick around, others who Seibold didn't want but couldn't get rid of and a few he brought in simply because they would be more receptive to his ideas than others.

I didn't think the Broncos had to go through a rebuild leading into the 2019 season, but they definitely needed to make some changes around key personnel. Once things went the way they did between Bennett and the Broncos, it sort of became inevitable.

There was still plenty to criticise, but the Broncos injury toll is going to have a much greater impact on this team than the Raiders.

Jesus, you really do think like me. I know the younger fans wouldn't remember too much about the nswrl/Superleague/***** who have undermined the Broncos at every opportunity but I do and I know there's an old school resentment in nsw that wants to make the Broncos pay for being a staggering success in 'their' competition.

You know what the funny part about that is?

Whilst the NSW mob have been undermining the Broncos for the last 20 years and focusing all their hatred towards us, they’ve taken their eye off the real threat which is the other news limited owned interstate side on the southern side of the NSW border who has been dominating regular seasons and most finals series since 2003.

That team that they should be focusing on has only been the most successful team alongside the Roosters over the last 2 decades as a whole and has always been the main threat to their ideology of having 2 Sydney teams battle it out on the GF every year. Yet somehow, our team this season which is an absolute shambles and is battling for the spoon is still their concern?

The Broncos realistically haven’t been a realistic threat since 2017 and we haven’t achieved glory since 2006. I’m pretty sure they don’t need to keep trying to bring us down a peg, we’ve already done that to ourselves.

After much reflection I have come to the conclusion that our forwards are absolute sh**house- can’t make metres consistently and can’t defend against any forward pack from making 1000m+ in just one half. There’s absolutely no go forward like none- than Croft the “game manager” couldn’t kick an arse if it was in front of him while Milf has no idea how to build pressure. But the halves can’t bail out sh*t forwards they’re just too soft right now. They fold easily and turn in to pillows when they defend.

The journos
I mean he's targetting Brodie because he was the ultimate Seibold signing... he writes these articles to bring him down in order to bring Seibold further down and try and get a scalp. It's behind a paywall, but I'm guessing he doesn't do a deep dive analysis of Brodie's game, just points out a couple of nothing stats and the shit missed tackle that he had... even though the tries down the other edge were fucking horrendous as well

I swear half the shit league journos do is to try and get scalps so they have something to bring to the table when they're chugging each other's dicks.

They've been trying forever to get Bennett and they got him last year... but the ultimate prize is to get the broncos organisation... get the scalp of the most successful team of the last 30 years... the poster child of super league... the invader of NSWRL.

They want NSWRL back and they think if they kill off the broncos they can just chuck the bombers in there and QLD will flock to them... they don't realise that the broncos are popular, because they were a hugely successful organisation that took it to the Sydney ***** and won.

They don't realise that all of QLD fucking hate these shit eating bottom feeders in Sydney and that replacing the broncos with a plastic franchise will see QLD lose interest in rugby league.
the journo’s can’t win! They say our players are good “pumping smoke up their asses overinflating their egos”
They say their shit “bloody running our players into the ground, trying to kill our brand”

news flash: Brodie was a terrible signing, seibold wanted to prove something and failed. Croft is a pea heart.

The journos

the journo’s can’t win! They say our players are good “pumping smoke up their asses overinflating their egos”
They say their shit “bloody running our players into the ground, trying to kill our brand”

news flash: Brodie was a terrible signing, seibold wanted to prove something and failed. Croft is a pea heart.
Milford has been shit house this year, but it seems inevitable that the half back we have for about $200k-400k will be the new scapegoat for his failings.... and then when Dearden comes in and the team still looks shit house this forum will probably call for his head as well, because the 25yr old millionaire "still has potential".

It doesn't really matter who the **** we have in the halves when our forward pack is conceding 70m sets and our back 5 can't make any meters to get field position... but yeah sure apparently it's the halves being unable to "game manage" us out of our own 20m that is the ultimate reason we are where we are.

Maybe Dearden will be able to "manage" our piss poor edge defence as well... can't wait to see this silver bullet for all our failings finally take the field.

Also FWIW it has been said copious amounts of times that Dearden was meant to spend this year in Qcup playing against men, because he hadn't played a game of football since about July last year.

Given Croft was signed through to 2022 and Dearden has been talked about as the future in our halves since 2018 I daresay the plan has been all along that the million dollar anchor will be jettisoned from this team at the end of 2021... but let's see how many more scapegoats this guy can rack up until then

If i could try a
The first one was shocking, but I daresay Croft realised he was just flat out beaten by the halves play... he should've still thrown his body into it, but it wouldn't have done anything anyway. I would say for that first one we only got about 2m off our try line so no matter what that was leading to a try... In that instance I think it is Oates responsibility to pressure the half from the inside as well, which then forces the half to play the ball before they can get to the defending half and isolate them with the forward, but other more technically minded posters will have a better idea about that.

The second one I think was a bit unlucky more than anything.

They went the short drop out, but Isaako had to kick to our right wing, because Coates is our best leaper... and that is the non-preferred side for a right foot kicker, but you can't really chuck your right winger on the left wing for a defensive set inside your 10m... although let's be honest we have no defence inside our own 10m anyway.

The drop out went too far, but Coates went hard for it anyway... Croft ended up getting caught up with one of the tigers players and all of a sudden the entire edge was left open.

Croft was no chance of bringing Leilua down when he had a bit of speed built up and him trying to chase him down from behind. Was always going to be swatted away like a fly or rag dolled over the try line... he was on a hiding to nothing in the end
Yep, to be fair to croft, milford would have not attempted the tackle. He would been waving his arms in the air appealing to the ref that coates was taken out.

After much reflection I have come to the conclusion that our forwards are absolute sh**house- can’t make metres consistently and can’t defend against any forward pack from making 1000m+ in just one half. There’s absolutely no go forward like none- than Croft the “game manager” couldn’t kick an arse if it was in front of him while Milf has no idea how to build pressure. But the halves can’t bail out sh*t forwards they’re just too soft right now. They fold easily and turn in to pillows when they defend.
Yep, it is a team full of duds. The stats don't lie. Apart from two or three players, this roster is totally expendable . This organization will look vastly different in two years time because it will have to in order to be competitive again.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Old Mate
  • Fitzy
  • BruiserMk1
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • sooticus
  • phoenix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.