Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
Facebook is all about how the knights were robbed, forgetting how bad the first half and unfavourable the refereeing was.

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
I really liked that.

They were all over us in the first 20, we couldn't get into the game but they backed their defence and hung in there then took opportunities when they came. You will never be at your best every week but the good sides find a way to win even when they aren't playing well.

Gamble is no superstar but he stood up and did what he had too. I just think accross the board from 1-17 everyone is contributing.

We are getting to that stage now where winning is a bit of a habit. They have the taste of it and have figured out that if we stick to our structures and back our defence we'll come out on top.

I also LOVE that we aren't so reliant on Hass. Our forwards minutes are nicely spread and because they are all preforming we haven't been having those fade out periods in the game.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
I think that's the not safe for tv version :P

Appears Payne also copped a beer over the head (or at least he thought it was)

It was cup of powerade not a beer can but someone would've gotten a thump it was.

MrTickyMcG

MrTickyMcG

QCup Player
Jun 3, 2021
Or resurrected an old one. Much better than that awful ‘We’re the Broncos’ dross the previous bunch of malcontents came up with

This feels like a burn the boats thing. Turning us into a footy team again rather than an an arm of an ASX listed company. We’re the broncos is fine as a marketing song to appeal to kids/families but it doesn’t work as an “in the sheds” song. I love this.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Herbie didn’t celebrate his own try, didn’t seem to have the same energy and is he there in that team song vid?

S

Spoon

QCup Player
May 24, 2015
I have to say there was one moment in the first half where Adam Gee really made himself look like an amateur.

Clune puts a grubber through for Frizell, he's running shoulder to shoulder with Herbie and then he tries to gather in the ball and juggles it and Martin tackles him and Oates comes up with a really good run.

That happened right in front of Gee, all of it. Why the **** could he not see it was all legal? That killed the momentum we got from the Oates run.

He's a professional ref and he had a clear view of everything. He never should have felt the need to go upstairs.
This moment was bloody huge in killing our momentum. He called it upstairs just to prove himself wrong. It completely killed our attack. Half the knights team would have been offside at the play of the ball.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
E33B8799 68EA 47F4 A8FF 0FDF4DD168DD
Lol what. Losing 36-12 is not a refs fault kind of game. I know we broncos fans used to cry foul when we’d have a bad call go against us and drop our heads in the 2020 days. But we just plain Stank.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
I thought Mam got better as the game went on, he still looks lost at the moment like he's caught between a few different types of halves that he wants to be.

First half he still went up and planted his feet and turned in and he was making leg tackles to try and just stop them because he had no confidence in his ability to stop them- Thought Newcastle halves were poor to try and not get Frizell one on one with him.

The dummy half run stood out, he wasn't getting the ball so he got in there and tried to win his own ball- that's what I have been screaming for him to do for nine weeks.

Very resilient win- they lose that 12 months ago and it's also the type of win that you sit back in September and say those two points mean we finish 7th. Not pretty but you have to grab them or you regret it.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
View attachment 18442 Lol what. Losing 36-12 is not a refs fault kind of game. I know we broncos fans used to cry foul when we’d have a bad call go against us and drop our heads in the 2020 days. But we just plain Stank.
There comes a point when you concede a serious amount of points in a match that it's pretty pathetic to blame the ref. The Knights were not "robbed" they had plenty of opportunities and failed to capitalise on it, you pay a price for not doing so.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
The bunker self inflicting and exposing their hypocrisy by clearly stating “the DANGEROUS tackle has been cleared” eh shouldn’t that just be - the tackle then?🤥🤥🤥

The Gambler getting under their skin so well he drew two penalties for late hits.😇😇😇

Cobbo’s first try and his Staggs like fend on Ponga❤️❤️❤️

Both wingers’ carries out of our 20.🥇🥇

Riki holding up Best over the line and scoring at the other end.🫀❤️❤️

Kobe and Paixy turning the momentum.😍😍😍

That team try finished off with Oatesy’s super man dive.⭐⭐⭐

Overcoming poor reffing in first half to win a game we were supposed to win without our star halfback and skipper.🫀🫀🫀

Milf making a down payment on the money he owes us with that last pass to Herbie.😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Culhwch
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • Ejbroncos
  • Robboi_321
  • Harry Sack
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • Stix
  • Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.