Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Locky's Left Boot

Locky's Left Boot

NYC Player
Jul 26, 2017
Probably not the right thread to discuss this but I've always wondered how the "real" victory song went... Usually ends with "we'll never ever do it again... BULLSHIT!". First time I've heard it was in the Wayne Bennett: Man for all seasons. And then a couple times here and there. Saw them singing it during the 9 coverage and it piqued my interest. Thought one of you might know and share it with us? Anyway. That's enough of derailing... HOW ABOUT COBBO??! **** Xavier, this kid is the real deal!

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
I will happily call it now: Milford will comfortably play himself out of the Dolphins jersey this season. I reckon Bennett is watching closely and if he doesn't set a fire under Newy's ass, he may play himself right out of the NRL.

Newcastle had Milf training 3 times a day and on a diet to loose weight .
Prolly needed some reserve grade to build his cardio by the looks of the way he was puffing at times .

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
O'Brien thought it was an obstruction and you can tell he was pissed off about the call because he felt if it happened in the Knights 20 then it would have been pulled up, but he refused to blame that on the loss. He said there were a lot of things that contributed to the loss and that wasn't one of them.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Newcastle had Milf training 3 times a day and on a diet to loose weight .
Prolly needed some reserve grade to build his cardio by the looks of the way he was puffing at times .
AOB trying to play the former team odds... with the amount of ball and field position Gee was gifting them it could've come off, but Milf couldn't create any opportunities, because his running game is non-existent nowadays

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
Sorry take a number .
I was on team Flegs back when folks were bagging him . I predicted he would get better as he went along and be ready for origin .
Seems there will be an all in brawl at bhq bbq!

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013

f0kK915kQiibeMxYW1wqH59ptkw=.gif

KnToad

KnToad

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2013
View attachment 18431
It's the kind of call that if it goes against you, you're dirty AF.
However - I'd call this justice for the missed knock-on call against Lee in the first half, or the strip on Carrigan that led to their try. Or any of those what 5-6 helper penalties that, some of those were very harsh.

I think all in all the ref was pretty poor all over.
This. This. This. And this^^^

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
This.

Despite what was said in commentary, planting the ball down with force has never been classed as a regrip, you've always had to catch the ball again
Spot on.

Would be different if he was only grounding it and connected loosely on the way down similar to the Oates try.

This was ruled effectively to have been knocked on as he lost control after having possession - he had to regather control before the ground got involved. If he doesn't have control and the ground assists in any way with the regather, it's a textbook knock-on.

This cost us a try in origin too which lost us the game a few years back. Not that I'm dirty about it :P

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I have to say there was one moment in the first half where Adam Gee really made himself look like an amateur.

Clune puts a grubber through for Frizell, he's running shoulder to shoulder with Herbie and then he tries to gather in the ball and juggles it and Martin tackles him and Oates comes up with a really good run.

That happened right in front of Gee, all of it. Why the **** could he not see it was all legal? That killed the momentum we got from the Oates run.

He's a professional ref and he had a clear view of everything. He never should have felt the need to go upstairs.

BruiserMk1

BruiserMk1

NRL Player
Contributor
Sep 9, 2015
Pointing out the obvious here but it's great to see the boys celebrating after scoring.

We haven't seen much of that in previous seasons, (we all know why) it really shows how far this group has come.

I've heard Haas comment a few times now "We need to stay humble and hungry".
And this shows in the resilience fortitude this team now has.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Oh man the fucking salt in the LU game day thread...

Showtime Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

I just KNEW it would be all about the officials. The Broncos winning big in NSW is just not the natural order of things.......I guess?

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
Or resurrected an old one. Much better than that awful ‘We’re the Broncos’ dross the previous bunch of malcontents came up with

I think that's the not safe for tv version :P

Appears Payne also copped a beer over the head (or at least he thought it was)

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Most pleasing thing for me is we are winning the winnable games now. That hasn't been happening in the last few years. We had a good run of fixtures and we would lose, but now we are taking the points. Great stuff.

Active Now

• Hoof Hearted
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Culhwch
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • Ejbroncos
  • Robboi_321
  • Harry Sack
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • Stix
  • Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.