POST GAME [Round 11, 2022] Broncos vs Knights

Ladies and Gents we have a football team here!
We were off abit tonight but to still put 36 points on a team when we weren't our best is what the good teams are capable of.
Cobbo is the best winger in the comp ATM followed by Oates, Selwyn is like a GI, Yeh Yow, Hodges hybrid so good to watch but seeing Corey back to being Corey Oates is just as good.
Flegler was great off the bench but I'd say even better was Kobe.
Ezra started off shaky but grew as the game went on TMM stepped up in the second half and took on more of a role which probably helped Ezra.
Paix only ran for 14m but his deception and quick service has really got us going well.

Current top 4 team here well done Lads

I know this was Milford's first game in months, so it's understandable his fitness wouldn't be where it needs to be, but there were times where he looked like he was physically struggling to breath. He was like a fish out of water about 15 mins into the game. I'm surprised he wasn't given a few games in reserve grade to build up some fitness.

Either way, it was a classic Milford game. it's always the same with him. He'll come up with some flashy plays, but then go completely missing when it actually counts. It's like he actively avoids the ball in the crucial moments. His game has no substance. At least he is no longer our problem anymore.
Yep, he reels you in with a couple of half good things that have you believe in him….and then completely disappears

Yeah I would have been fine with them giving the Gagai try and taking away Selwyns first... But thats footy, we've been on the other end of that heaps of times.

Crazy how much better we looked when we started respecting the football. The first 60 mins was pretty average team performance thru the middle with a few shining lights on the edges..

Last 20 was classy. I was very pleased with Oates, Cobbo, Gamble & Hetherington

Also, congrats to Ezra Mam on a pretty good debut. Was a bit nervous the first half but didn't let it affect his game, he took his opportunities when they presented themselves and ended up with 2 try assists.
I would've been filthy if they awarded the Gagai try... that ruling has been a knock on for about 2-3yr now.

It's a shit ruling, but NSWRL have to deal with it

Saw enough of Mam tonight to see he is worth the hype, he got better as the game went on looked really good when he ran the ball
Yeah, he didn't light the world on fire but he did enough and showed some signs.

Tyson better hope he doesn't get hurt - he might not get the jersey back.

On the last Milford try assist, you could see he wanted to kick it and gamble sprinted from the scrum to nullify it. Funny thing is they had a false start and silly Milford went for the same play again and saw that gamble was onto him so he passed to Herbie instead.
TMM was sprinting back into space , caused Milf to think twice .

No matter who is playing on the right, whether it's Reynolds or Gamble, we need to do a better job of getting Staggs early ball. He touched the ball twice in the first half, and both times he bowled over his opposition and looked threatening. Unsurprisingly we start searching for him in the second half and the flood gates open down that edge. How about we don't wait until the 65th minute to start looking to get him the footy? He should be getting 5 clean touches per half, minimum.

I'll take the win, Cobbo & Oates outstanding once again.

Active Now

• maddo
  • Aldo
  • Tim K
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Galah
  • Manofoneway
  • sooticus
  • bert_lifts
  • mrtij
  • Broncosarethebest
  • simplythebest
  • Cavalo
  • johnny plath
  • Gaz
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • Robboi_321
  • Old Mate
  • ostin86
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.