Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
The outrage about the Gagai knock on is hillarious. It happens to us and nobody bats an eyelid. It's a knock on.

The obstruction, flip a coin. Again, if it happens against us there'd be nothing said, especially if still losing by 20+.

The first half penalties for Newy out of trouble were a farce. This 'holding' penatly takes the absolute cake.

Ezgifcom gif maker

The ref had a shitter and it absolutely wasn't all our way as is being spouted all over socials.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I don’t think you notice how bad Billy is for our attack until he isn’t there. Our forwards looked lost, our halves were under huge pressure. Paix comes on and as usual the points start flowing and the forwards dominate.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
We didn't see a polished performance yet it showed quite plainly a strong resolve in the team. Grind away and win the individual battles as you can, the score takes care of itself.

The team's like a racing car, Reynolds the pro driver and only next tier down driver's are available. KW must feel he's 95% of the way to a complete team.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
No matter who is playing on the right, whether it's Reynolds or Gamble, we need to do a better job of getting Staggs early ball. He touched the ball twice in the first half, and both times he bowled over his opposition and looked threatening. Unsurprisingly we start searching for him in the second half and the flood gates open down that edge. How about we don't wait until the 65th minute to start looking to get him the footy? He should be getting 5 clean touches per half, minimum.

I'll take the win, Cobbo & Oates outstanding once again.
It's more then just giving the Staggs the ball though, he doesn't do much without space but give him about 10 meters to run at the line and then he is unstoppable and it's 99% going to be a tackle break, when they are close it's much better to go for the cross to Cobbo.

Either way our right is soo fucking dangerous.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
The outrage about the Gagai knock on is hillarious. It happens to us and nobody bays an eyelid. It's a knock on.

The obstruction, flip a coin. Again, if it happens against us there'd be nothing said, especially if still losing by 20+.

The first half penalties for Newy out of trouble were a farce. This 'holding' penatly takes the absolute cake.

View attachment 18441
The ref had a shitter and it absolutely wasn't all our way as is being spouted all over socials.
Didn't we have one disallowed with Kotoni I think at the start of the year? Kotonis was a more clear drop but it was the same story

Knights were milking penalties all game
We should of got a restart of the tackle count on the captain's challenge aswell.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I would have liked him on earlier, as soon as he did come on the tide completely turned.
Yeah it was a bit odd that he was held back for so long... we ran with Flegs, Haas and Patty for a long time I think.

Usually Kobe would be second off the bench, but could only think the Capewell HIA threw a spanner in the works with Palasia coming on early... but as soon as Kobe came on he was ripping and tearing!!

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
I don’t think you notice how bad Billy is for our attack until he isn’t there. Our forwards looked lost, our halves were under huge pressure. Paix comes on and as usual the points start flowing and the forwards dominate.
Paix isn't fit enough to handle huge minutes the way he plays - yet - possibly ever.

When he gets on, he sparks our attack because the defenders are already getting tired.

We're going hard at teams to get them tired in the grind, then pulling out the tricks to get points. It's been a weakness of ours for a few years that they've taken and made their own strength - as long as they can maintain it and be fitter than the opposition team.

T

Thelmus

NRL Player
Apr 19, 2016
What a fucking win... Cobbo was immense... one of the great winger games in a long time, because so much of it was from inside our own half.

Huge to get the win without Reyno... boys struggled in the first half, but completed the sets and played simple and direct in the second.

Congrats to Ezra on getting a win as well.. had a tough first half but played the percentages in the second and found himself some breaks
I think credit goes to kevie and capewell for a well thought and rehearsed game plan.
We were pretty sloppy at times but we defended our errors and the strategy of powering through the middle was the right one.
That win had a lot of it down to the middle forwards getting us on the front foot with quick ptb's.
On the other side we defended the line spectacularly and line speed was fantastic.
Its true we got some lucky calls but we were still clearly the better team by a mile and i suspect we might have put 50 on them with reynolds in the team.
Newcastle tried hard but they have some huge problems going forward and will need a more experienced half ASAP if they are to not end up down with the tigers and dogs.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I think credit goes to kevie and capewell for a well thought and rehearsed game plan.
We were pretty sloppy at times but we defended our errors and the strategy of powering through the middle was the right one.
That win had a lot of it down to the middle forwards getting us on the front foot with quick ptb's.
On the other side we defended the line spectacularly and line speed was fantastic.
Its true we got some lucky calls but we were still clearly the better team by a mile and i suspect we might have put 50 on them with reynolds in the team.
Newcastle tried hard but they have some huge problems going forward and will need a more experienced half ASAP if they are to not end up down with the tigers and dogs.

It is actually really pleasing now that when an error inevitably comes, you actually don't live in dread because you know the team IS capable now of defending it.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Paix isn't fit enough to handle huge minutes the way he plays - yet - possibly ever.

When he gets on, he sparks our attack because the defenders are already getting tired.

We're going hard at teams to get them tired in the grind, then pulling out the tricks to get points. It's been a weakness of ours for a few years that they've taken and made their own strength - as long as they can maintain it and be fitter than the opposition team.
I don’t think you can use the tired defenders argument when he barely plays the first half. Defenders are fresh post half time.

I’m definitely not saying Paix should or can play 80, or that there is a better option than Billy to cover that role but his attack is really really bad.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Except Turpin is still worse... you have to pick your poison, because Paix can't play 80mins

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Saw enough of Mam tonight to see he is worth the hype, he got better as the game went on looked really good when he ran the ball
Note ; Ezra kicked off his left boot for Oates` try .
He tried the right footed banana kick grubber al lah Tommy Dearden earlier and didn`t get it right . So next time kicks left footed . And nails it .
That is some very high level skill .

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I will happily call it now: Milford will comfortably play himself out of the Dolphins jersey this season. I reckon Bennett is watching closely and if he doesn't set a fire under Newy's ass, he may play himself right out of the NRL.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Just letting everyone else know, flegler is my boy and no one else gets to compliment him!
Sorry take a number .
I was on team Flegs back when folks were bagging him . I predicted he would get better as he went along and be ready for origin .

Unread

Active Now

• Midean
  • Strop
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • Dash
  • Old Mate
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncosAlways
  • Browny
  • Behind enemy lines
  • teampjta
  • Justwin
  • broncs30
  • Astro
  • thenry
  • peter09
  • winslow_wong
  • Gympie devil
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.