Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me 3 plis…
Pretty obvious from the post prior to yours. Old mate k hoping he gets a bit of what he's allegedly been handing out to smaller and weaker opposition.

Herbie when interviewed by 9 said he wants to play fullback eventually. If he actually wants to play fullback he should be staying put. I wouldn't be against him getting a crack there this week, keep Cobbo where he is.

Herbie when interviewed by 9 said he wants to play fullback eventually. If he actually wants to play fullback he should be staying put. I wouldn't be against him getting a crack there this week, keep Cobbo where he is.
My thoughts exactly, I would like to put him at fullback this week

Everyone is saying we need a Marquee fullback or 5/8. I disagree, Adam Reynolds creates enough space and opportunities off the back of our forward pack we just need a very good fast and good attacking fullback, which I reckon herbie fits the bill. Gamble is doing enough at 5/8 but otherwise you could put te Marie Martin there.

My thoughts exactly, I would like to put him at fullback this week

Everyone is saying we need a Marquee fullback or 5/8. I disagree, Adam Reynolds creates enough space and opportunities off the back of our forward pack we just need a very good fast and good attacking fullback, which I reckon herbie fits the bill. Gamble is doing enough at 5/8 but otherwise you could put te Marie Martin there.
I just like how good he is under the highball, he is also a big good athlete. Will be a Dugan type fullback while he works on his ball playing.

I just like how good he is under the highball, he is also a big good athlete. Will be a Dugan type fullback while he works on his ball playing.
And with Milford likely to play us, we need someone who will be able to catch the bombs that he puts up.

I know I should be positive but this game gives me major round 3 v warriors vibes ...
But our team is in a better place so I hope we kill them

I know the past few years has warranted us all to be a bit wary of complacency when coming up against a lower ranked team, but I think we've turned a corner. Something has clicked within this playing group, and I think they are getting a hunger for putting teams to the sword.

Just barely winning suddenly isn't enough anymore, and it looks like they genuinely enjoy playing the full 80 minutes so that they can destroy the opposition. It's actually a little bit cold and Melbourne like, and I absolutely I love it.

I see a new found determination to go on with the job without any let up. To me it shows a united playing group who genuinely enjoy playing with each other. I think teams will all of a sudden dread coming up against us.

Well must say from what I've been told about 30 minutes ago I really hope they stomp Milford.
Watching Tv Kerry GIF by Gogglebox Australia

After initially being pissed about how its such an obvious timing ploy by the nrl, I now actually think it's a good Milford is playing.

Not so much because of his performance but more to do with ours. If there's one way Newcastle beat us it is that we don't turn up to play. We play to 75% and we win very, very easily. We have a shocking record of it happening when we are expected to win...

Playing against Milford with the hype around it in the media will mean we have a greater chance of turning up to play..

I know the past few years has warranted us all to be a bit wary of complacency when coming up against a lower ranked team, but I think we've turned a corner. Something has clicked within this playing group, and I think they are getting a hunger for putting teams to the sword.

Just barely winning suddenly isn't enough anymore, and it looks like they genuinely enjoy playing the full 80 minutes so that they can destroy the opposition. It's actually a little bit cold and Melbourne like, and I absolutely I love it.

I see a new found determination to go on with the job without any let up. To me it shows a united playing group who genuinely enjoy playing with each other. I think teams will all of a sudden dread coming up against us.

How good is it to be coming up against a lower placed team? For too long that just meant the Dogs.

I don't fear blow out scores against us anymore on a week to week basis.

After initially being pissed about how its such an obvious timing ploy by the nrl, I now actually think it's a good Milford is playing.

Not so much because of his performance but more to do with ours. If there's one way Newcastle beat us it is that we don't turn up to play. We play to 75% and we win very, very easily. We have a shocking record of it happening when we are expected to win...

Playing against Milford with the hype around it in the media will mean we have a greater chance of turning up to play..
Will also be a good indication of what our boys think of him. A few pats on his head after he gets steamrolled for tries would make brilliant viewing- I reckon he would bite too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • TimWhatley
  • Midean
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Brocko
  • jd87
  • MrMoore
  • theshed
  • GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • Old Mate
  • I bleed Maroon
  • KateBroncos1812
  • leon.bott
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • Wolfie
  • Mustafur
  • HVbronco
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.