Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

There’s only one guy here that is using Boyd, Nikorima, and any other convenient player to advocate a long-standing inane grudge towards Bennett.

When the choices are:

1) Boyd and Nikorima are going nowhere near as bad as the doomsayers believe, or

2) Bennett is oblivious to how terrible they are playing, and is only retaining them out of stubbornness and emotional ties

I’m going to back the SuperCoach here, especially considering the known agendas of some of the people pushing Option 2.
Keep telling yourself that... :superhappythumbsup:

I just watched a replay of the game fella's. I have a bit to say about that one.

Wow.. our lads really wanted to win didn't they? Such a confidence booster for our young players and whole team. Staggs scoring that try was really special, great to see. TPJ just gets better! - and we have become to expect it from him now. What a freakishly good player he is. Offa chimed in for this game. Lodge is an absolute workhorse. Milf is getting there. He's starting to look more comfortable and I like those short kicks.

The energy and enthusiasm was there all night from the Broncos. They backed each other, they did it for each other. Even Wayne was pumped up! haha - Good to see. Perhaps the injuries to Gillett, Mcguire and Bird are a blessing in disguise. Unbreakable mentioned that he thought the injection of some youth may help us in this game and I think it did.

A fair few things went our way in that game and we have been lucky to win some recent games due to favorable decisions and circumstances of late. But... we ARE winning them. We are winning some tight clutch games. Pretty much all of our games have been tight this year. We've had to work for every inch of our success and it could really be educating/setting up our younger group of players to be mentally tough and to win at all costs. The game aint over until it's over..

And finally... Roberts... Isaako... OMG You fookin superstars! God dam those tries went down a treat when I was watching it at the pub. They had a nostalgic feel to them didn't they? Renouf and Lockyer would be proud. I was proud of the boys. That's my Brisbane Broncos..

A lot of work to do yet, but we are a very capable football team with probably the most improvement left in us of any team currently in the NRL.

I just watched a replay of the game fella's. I have a bit to say about that one.

Wow.. our lads really wanted to win didn't they? Such a confidence booster for our young players and whole team. Staggs scoring that try was really special, great to see. TPJ just gets better! - and we have become to expect it from him now. What a freakishly good player he is. Offa chimed in for this game. Lodge is an absolute workhorse. Milf is getting there. He's starting to look more comfortable and I like those short kicks.

The energy and enthusiasm was there all night from the Broncos. They backed each other, they did it for each other. Even Wayne was pumped up! haha - Good to see. Perhaps the injuries to Gillett, Mcguire and Bird are a blessing in disguise. Unbreakable mentioned that he thought the injection of some youth may help us in this game and I think it did.

A fair few things went our way in that game and we have been lucky to win some recent games due to favorable decisions and circumstances of late. But... we ARE winning them. We are winning some tight clutch games. Pretty much all of our games have been tight this year. We've had to work for every inch of our success and it could really be educating/setting up our younger group of players to be mentally tough and to win at all costs. The game aint over until it's over..

And finally... Roberts... Isaako... OMG You fookin superstars! God dam those tries went down a treat when I was watching it at the pub. They had a nostalgic feel to them didn't they? Renouf and Lockyer would be proud. I was proud of the boys. That's my Brisbane Broncos..

A lot of work to do yet, but we are a very capable football team with probably the most improvement left in us of any team currently in the NRL.
Great post. I love the positivity that comes out on here after a good win. I hate losses and bag the team out/get the shits when they dont put effort in but the week long doomsday crap that gets put on here after 1 or 2 losses is actually more depressing then the losses.

SO Bennett has unloaded on the NRL about the NAPA tackle. I can't read the story because it's behind a pay wall if anyone can help that would be good.

Theres an option there to push isaako into the halves from what I see. I don't see it happening anytime soon but both he and Kahu seem to have good poise in a pressure situation.
It's one quality, our current halves seem to struggle with. There plenty for them both to work on but if Kahu came back, playing at 5/8 in Intrust cup might open up some options further down the track.
Personally I'm tired of seeing half-fit players rushed back into the side only to go down first game back or weakly limp through it. What happens to trialing in the lower grades before playing at the highest.
Sure some exceptions can be made in clutch matches or in finals but proving someone's fitness for the long haul won't hurt our chances for most of the players in question. Especially when incumbents are performing.

I suggest you look at the replay of the Roberts try again. Nikorima points at roberts and tells him to get ready. That was a set up play from Kodi and Roberts.
re. Boyd, people always complain that he runs like a cat at the defence. Here he is doing what we want him to do and him showing some effort and you still never will be happy

I’d so the same to Roberts. As I said competent not brilliant. If he could defend KNik might be a good 5/8, still not a halfback.

Re Boyd your argument is still that he did the bare minimum for an NRL fullback and that is good? If ‘some effort’ is acceptable as captain of the Broncos and key spine member let alone just being in the team I’m done.

Great post. I love the positivity that comes out on here after a good win. I hate losses and bag the team out/get the shits when they dont put effort in but the week long doomsday crap that gets put on here after 1 or 2 losses is actually more depressing then the losses.

Yeah, I've been guilty of writing some negative posts about the team and a few players of late but after that game - (with the amount of players we have out - and with craziness of the form from other powerhouse NRL sides this year) I think I'm gonna give it a rest for a while. I might just sit back and see what our team can do without putting so much personal expectation on the result. Our team has some obvious problems but there are positives coming out of this season. Bennett is being forced to blood our younger players now and it is so exciting to watch them succeed.

The only person to like this so far is the ironically named troll, who’s only purpose so far has been to bag Bennett.

The point stands that just because Boyd and Nikorima aren’t featuring on the highlight reels doesn’t mean they’re not contributing or doing their job. They do a lot of work that doesn’t get noticed or appreciated but the one moment they **** up the usual suspects use it to push their agendas.

They do show up in the highlight reels regularly. Boyd with hands on hips in background 20m away from a try he should have been there to stop and KNik on the ground after being run over.

Agree it’s easy to miss the small things that go a long way but they must be spending the other 99% on stealth. Boyd used to do 1% when he had 2 legs which is what made him very good. Which at his peak made him third or fourth choice for Australian fullback (helped by injuries) previously. As I said he can be good when fit. In mean time Boyd and Coote are vying for biggest f up retaining. On the plus side cows losing Ponga makes Retaining Boyd look like a genius move.

A10a8e164cf326404daee2b3a40b1b3e

Wayne Bennett blasts the NRL after controversial Dylan Napa tackle leaves Korbin Sims with a broken jaw

May 20, 2018

WAYNE Bennett has launched a savage attack on the NRL and Maroons enforcer Dylan Napa over the controversial tackle that has left Broncos prop Korbin Sims nursing a broken jaw.

The Courier-Mail can reveal Bennett has contacted the NRL to express his fury, slamming the league for failing to protect Sims, who underwent surgery on Saturday night in another crushing injury blow for the Broncos.

Bennett was supported by NRL legend and Maroons selector Darren Lockyer, who called for Queensland prop Napa to change his tackling style.

Sims will miss four to six weeks after his sickening collision with Napa which saw the Roosters hitman placed on report in Brisbane’s 28-22 victory last Friday night.

Napa was booked for leading with his head, but the NRL match-review committee did not charge him, clearing the prop to be named in the Queensland side next Monday for Origin I on June 6.

The decision has triggered outrage from Bennett, who lashed the NRL process and labelled Napa’s tackle “reckless” with no duty of care for Sims.

“Why hasn’t the game made Napa accountable,” Bennett fired.

“I know there will be a shitfight coming my way but I’m not backing away from it.

“I am not going to watch my players get broken jaws and remain silent.

“When you go before the judiciary, they will ask the player, ‘What was your duty of care?’

“Well ... where is Napa’s duty of care?

“Korbin has had to have surgery for a broken jaw because of Napa’s actions ... is this the look we want for our game?

“Napa could have been charged with a number of things. At its worst, it was reckless.

“This is the most ridiculous situation I have seen.”

Under a 22-page NRL laws-and-interpretations policy issued this season, there are eight ways in which a player can be found guilty of misconduct.

One such breach is “when affecting or attempting to affect a tackle (a player) makes contact with the head or neck of an opponent intentionally, recklessly or carelessly”.

This is what convinced NRL referee Gerard Sutton to place Napa on report. But the NRL match-review committee cleared Napa, alleging Sims’ change of direction was a factor in the collision.

“For the NRL to justify it by saying Sims changed direction is absolute nonsense,” Bennett said.

“Why are people blaming Korbin Sims?

“Korbin had every right under the rules to step and he probably saw Napa coming, so of course he is going to try and get out of the road.

“Tackle technique is about adjusting your tackle to the situation. If you don’t and you headhigh someone, you should pay a price.

“Napa was the solo-shooter coming out of the line. His arms were spread-eagled as wide as possible at time of contact. It’s an uncommon position.

“His head was intentionally pushed forward in front of his usual body position, so the only possible outcome was his head hitting Sims.

“He shot out of the line and planted his feet. The execution of the tackle was ordinary.

“Look at his attitude post-incident, Napa strutted around like a victor in a prized fight.

“There was no concern for his opponent.

Bennett claimed Napa’s tackle was much worse than Sam Thaiday’s finger-pull on Storm prop Jesse Bromwich last year which saw the Broncos veteran charged.

“There is a bias against the Broncos,” he said. “We won a game we weren’t supposed to win so that would have pissed off the Roosters even more.

“Last year, Sam pulled Jesse Bromwich’s finger. He was found guilty for contrary conduct.

“Are you telling me a finger pull is worse than Napa breaking Sims’ jaw with a reckless tackle?”

source: Courier Mail

Wayne didn't just give the NRL "Both Barrels" ... he fired both barrels, then reloaded and fired again ...

even claiming there is a biased against us, for winning a game we weren't supposed to

Wayne Bennett blasts the NRL after controversial Dylan Napa tackle leaves Korbin Sims with a broken jaw

PETER BADEL, EXCLUSIVE, The Courier-MailMay 20, 2018 8:00pm

WAYNE Bennett has launched a savage attack on the NRL and Maroons enforcer Dylan Napa over the controversial tackle that has left Broncos prop Korbin Sims nursing a broken jaw.

The Courier-Mail can reveal Bennett has contacted the NRL to express his fury, slamming the league for failing to protect Sims, who underwent surgery on Saturday night in another crushing injury blow for the Broncos.

Bennett was supported by NRL legend and Maroons selector Darren Lockyer, who called for Queensland prop Napa to change his tackling style.

Sims will miss four to six weeks after his sickening collision with Napa which saw the Roosters hitman placed on report in Brisbane’s 28-22 victory last Friday night.

Napa was booked for leading with his head, but the NRL match-review committee did not charge him, clearing the prop to be named in the Queensland side next Monday for Origin I on June 6.

The decision has triggered outrage from Bennett, who lashed the NRL process and labelled Napa’s tackle “reckless” with no duty of care for Sims.

“I know there will be a shitfight coming my way but I’m not backing away from it.

“When you go before the judiciary, they will ask the player, ‘What was your duty of care?’

“Korbin has had to have surgery for a broken jaw because of Napa’s actions ... is this the look we want for our game?

“Napa could have been charged with a number of things. At its worst, it was reckless.

Under a 22-page NRL laws-and-interpretations policy issued this season, there are eight ways in which a player can be found guilty of misconduct.

One such breach is “when affecting or attempting to affect a tackle (a player) makes contact with the head or neck of an opponent intentionally, recklessly or carelessly”.

This is what convinced NRL referee Gerard Sutton to place Napa on report. But the NRL match-review committee cleared Napa, alleging Sims’ change of direction was a factor in the collision.

“For the NRL to justify it by saying Sims changed direction is absolute nonsense,” Bennett said.

“Korbin had every right under the rules to step and he probably saw Napa coming, so of course he is going to try and get out of the road.

“Tackle technique is about adjusting your tackle to the situation. If you don’t and you headhigh someone, you should pay a price.

“Napa was the solo-shooter coming out of the line. His arms were spread-eagled as wide as possible at time of contact. It’s an uncommon position.

“His head was intentionally pushed forward in front of his usual body position, so the only possible outcome was his head hitting Sims.

“He shot out of the line and planted his feet. The execution of the tackle was ordinary.

“Look at his attitude post-incident, Napa strutted around like a victor in a prized fight.

Bennett claimed Napa’s tackle was much worse than Sam Thaiday’s finger-pull on Storm prop Jesse Bromwich last year which saw the Broncos veteran charged.

“There is a bias against the Broncos,” he said. “We won a game we weren’t supposed to win so that would have pissed off the Roosters even more.

“Last year, Sam pulled Jesse Bromwich’s finger. He was found guilty for contrary conduct.

“Are you telling me a finger pull is worse than Napa breaking Sims’ jaw with a reckless tackle?”

That little bit of audio I heard before the presser got underway was right on the money. I knew WB was furious with Napa and when that guy suggested he'd get away with it WB expressed disbelief. I have to admit WB has changed tack a little these last two years, he likely wouldn't have expressed his outrage so openly even commenting on the bias against our club we've come to know will always be there.

Holy ****, that was great.

Thanks for posting. We can start the crowdfunded $10k fine tomorrow

I cant wait for the outrage from other clubs fans... why? Because its bennett.... for all the arguments about bennetts coaching ability even the staunchest anti-bennett person cant deny how much sense he normally talks when it comes to rugby league in general... the problem is people hate HIS ideas..... until the situation/topic happens again 3 months later and all of a sudden fans say “we should have done this earlier!”

Eg. Golden point, time wasting, more emphasis on international footy, releasing players for international footy, emerging origin camp, benji marshall, players getting second chamces in life, reducing the interchange, wrestling sucks, and so on and so on it goes....

Good Onya Wayne, absolute dog shot.
Watch all the commentators say Bennett's overreacting.

At best for napa it was a reckless high tackle... at worst it was an intentional headbutt, either way he needed a week off AT LEAST. It was accidental but it was still reckless, sims’ broken jaw is not enpugh evidence of that for the nrl?

If players want to take someones head off will they just lead with their head now instead of a traditional head high? The precedents has been set by the nrl, just like the drop kick try

Watch all these NSWelshman cary on like little bitches when Napa does the same type of tackle in Origin.

He really should have been binned for it no doubt, and at least suspended for a couple of games.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Mustafur
  • Astro
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • NSW stables
  • Strop
  • Rambstien
  • Alec
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Porthoz
  • theshed
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.