/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Ah, it was a set play... right! :superhappythumbsup:

Is the level of expectation for Boyd and Kodi that low, that an individual action from a talented player is used to prop up their mediocre performances into a somewhat acceptable level?

P.S. I'll be happy when we don't have the worst Fullback and the worst Halfback in the NRL.
It wasn't a set play as such, but obviously Kodi and Roberts were planning to go right and use roberts speed.

The only person to like this so far is the ironically named troll, who’s only purpose so far has been to bag Bennett.

The point stands that just because Boyd and Nikorima aren’t featuring on the highlight reels doesn’t mean they’re not contributing or doing their job. They do a lot of work that doesn’t get noticed or appreciated but the one moment they **** up the usual suspects use it to push their agendas.

Think you are confusing BroncsFan with Broncs_Fan

Tagatese played 22 minutes and went pretty well. One thing I did notice was the Poosters did not want to run at him. He made solid hitups, 44 metres from 4 with no missed tackles. I'd like to see him get on after 20 and maybe the first 15-20 of the second half. I'm sure he'd change a few opinions of him.

Now that Sims is our you may get your wish. I remember him being devastating at times so I don’t know why he hasn’t gotten more game time. Maybe he has not been up to that standard for a while hence being let go by the sharks.

The only person to like this so far is the ironically named troll, who’s only purpose so far has been to bag Bennett.

The point stands that just because Boyd and Nikorima aren’t featuring on the highlight reels doesn’t mean they’re not contributing or doing their job. They do a lot of work that doesn’t get noticed or appreciated but the one moment they **** up the usual suspects use it to push their agendas.
No they definitely are not, not even close. The odd contribution in a game does not equal doing their job, and it's neither player's fault either!
You're just trying to somehow make them look better than they have been, to justify WB's insistence on naming them in positions they should not be.

P.S. Don't pretend there's only one person who believes Boyd and Kodi shouldn't be in the team, at least not in their current position. You're even taking aim at the wrong poster for it.

Off topic.

giphy.gif

It wasn't a set play as such, but obviously Kodi and Roberts were planning to go right and use roberts speed.
Are you for real... he's telling him to be ready for a run... you know those things done 4-5 times a set to get field position.

Watch every game and every now and then the dummy half will point to a player and then that player will take a run. Niko was letting him know the ball was coming his way. FMD

To think there is some subtle gesture which indicates that Jimmy should be looking to hit the space 30m to his right is ludicrous... or some next level telepathic shit

Are you for real... he's telling him to be ready for a run... you know those things done 4-5 times a set to get field position.

Watch every game and every now and then the dummy half will point to a player and then that player will take a run. Niko was letting him know the ball was coming his way. FMD

To think there is some subtle gesture which indicates that Jimmy should be looking to hit the space 30m to his right is ludicrous... or some next level telepathic shit
:confused::iliedwheniwasseventeen::eek:
Waah don't burst my bubble. I shall still believe that he meant to do that. :dealwithit:

No they definitely are not, not even close. The odd contribution in a game does not equal doing their job, and it's neither player's fault either!
You're just trying to somehow make them look better than they have been, to justify WB's insistence on naming them in positions they should not be.

P.S. Don't pretend there's only one person who believes Boyd and Kodi shouldn't be in the team, at least not in their current position. You're even taking aim at the wrong poster for it.
I’m glad you made this point.

I’d like to think I am the sort of fan that judges players (and the coach for that matter) quite fairly; criticising and similarly complimenting as / when it’s warranted.

That said, I have most certainly been criticising Boyd A LOT this season and this is because I believe, as do a lot of other fans it would seem, that he is not doing his job. As a fullback or a captain.

Quite simply, what he is offering right now could be provided by just about anyone else with even the slightest bit of experience as a fullback. That’s just not enough from someone so experienced, but even more importantly, the captain.

Re Kodi; I’m not as passionate about the criticism of him at the moment and that’s because, whilst I don’t think he is doing the job of a halfback in any sense, I do think he is doing his absolute best in a position he just doesn’t know or is seemingly suited for. Sadly, I don’t think the same can be said for Boyd.

There’s only one guy here that is using Boyd, Nikorima, and any other convenient player to advocate a long-standing inane grudge towards Bennett.

When the choices are:

1) Boyd and Nikorima are going nowhere near as bad as the doomsayers believe, or

2) Bennett is oblivious to how terrible they are playing, and is only retaining them out of stubbornness and emotional ties

I’m going to back the SuperCoach here, especially considering the known agendas of some of the people pushing Option 2.

Well one has always been a troll, the other has always been a fan of the broncs.

Hope this helps.

I was more thinking of it as one being my flaky auntie on FB who I'm not sure if I'm friends with, and the other having the same name and profile pic as my flaky auntie who sends me a friend request and then tells me about this fantastic money making opportunity.

I’m glad you made this point.

I’d like to think I am the sort of fan that judges players (and the coach for that matter) quite fairly; criticising and similarly complimenting as / when it’s warranted.

That said, I have most certainly been criticising Boyd A LOT this season and this is because I believe, as do a lot of other fans it would seem, that he is not doing his job. As a fullback or a captain.

Quite simply, what he is offering right now could be provided by just about anyone else with even the slightest bit of experience as a fullback. That’s just not enough from someone so experienced, but even more importantly, the captain.

Re Kodi; I’m not as passionate about the criticism of him at the moment and that’s because, whilst I don’t think he is doing the job of a halfback in any sense, I do think he is doing his absolute best in a position he just doesn’t know or is seemingly suited for. Sadly, I don’t think the same can be said for Boyd.
I 100% agree with your points, which is why I am putting the responsibility on the coach, even in regards to Boyd. I don't think Bennett is doing him any favours by allowing him to keep stinking it up at the back, regardless of the fact I've never rated him highly as a fullback (even if I recognise his stellar seasons of 2010 and 2016).

I am a fan of Kodi, because like you said, he gives everything he has! He is absolutely trying his best to fulfil a job that isn't suited to him.

Active Now

• Lozza
  • Aldo
  • Cavalo
  • Tmac
  • achievedrap
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Gaz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • broncoscope
  • Midean
  • Bucking Beads
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Fatboy
  • Morkel
  • Sproj
  • kiwi2
  • Fozz
  • Bish
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.