Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

The funny thing for mine is, all the people blaming it on Sims stepping aren't taking into account that if he doesn't, in all likelihood he cops a shoulder to the head instead. Napa would then be looking at some serious time on the side lines. I'm sure in that instance though, Sims would be criticised for not stepping and getting out of the way. Probably charged with reckless running or some shit.
Spot on. If the head clash didn't happen, Napa would have decapitated Sims with the shoulder charge he was actually attempting.

Tallis was going off on the radio about how players are taught to "bend their backs and drive in with their head forward" from a young age. He conveniently left out the part where you're taught to perform this action around the thighs or waist, not their opponent's jaw.

Spot on. If the head clash didn't happen, Napa would have decapitated Sims with the shoulder charge he was actually attempting.

Tallis was going off on the radio about how players are taught to "bend their backs and drive in with their head forward" from a young age. He conveniently left out the part where you're taught to perform this action around the thighs or waist, not their opponent's jaw.

Tallis is a fuckwit. Sorry, I know this isn't news but he is actually getting worse. He doesn't even make sense most of the time anymore and appears not to take stuff in. I say this in all seriousness, I believe he may have some form of mental deterioration.

Credit to the author of this and credit to Warren Smith, quality tweets which will probably go over the heads of guys like Tallis and Rothfield.

Smith's tweet was actually in reply to Buzz's complaints that Gerard cost the Roosters the game, but Buzz is still adamant that he is right and Warren is wrong.

Smith's tweet was actually in reply to Buzz's complaints that Gerard cost the Roosters the game, but Buzz is still adamant that he is right and Warren is wrong.

Your joking. Cost them the game. He is a germ.

Yeah, I've been guilty of writing some negative posts about the team and a few players of late but after that game - (with the amount of players we have out - and with craziness of the form from other powerhouse NRL sides this year) I think I'm gonna give it a rest for a while. I might just sit back and see what our team can do without putting so much personal expectation on the result. Our team has some obvious problems but there are positives coming out of this season. Bennett is being forced to blood our younger players now and it is so exciting to watch them succeed.

I have jumped aboard this train as well. It is a crazy premiership this year and it appears that anything can happen. If we can tap into some consistency in our play (the good way) we are as much a chance as anyone.

Does anyone here think that Oppa wouldn’t have scored that try from Pangai’s offload.

Does anyone here think that Oppa wouldn’t have scored that try from Pangai’s offload.

Hard to say. He's always been a pretty decent try scorer so I'd say he would have had a fair chance. TPJ there makes a huge difference, I doubt Glenn there would have got into the same position TPJ did. He just attracts so many players to him

Probably not but he wouldn't have bounced off Ferguson in defense numerous times either. Staggs had a good debut but he isn't an automatic selection in the right centre position.

Probably not but he wouldn't have bounced off Ferguson in defense numerous times either. Staggs had a good debut but he isn't an automatic selection in the right centre position.

I thought Staggs aimed up really well against Ferguson. Like I said before though, take TPJ out of the equation, that chance wouldn't have ever come about.

I thought Staggs aimed up really well against Ferguson. Like I said before though, take TPJ out of the equation, that chance wouldn't have ever come about.

Shit no TPJ has the best offload in the competition and we should always let him play his own game.
Ferguson is also probably the most inform winger in the NRL atm so I believe he done a great job Staggs. Wasn’t it Ferguson that ran over the top of Oppa to begin with to rule him out so cant judge there.

Shit no TPJ has the best offload in the competition and we should always let him play his own game.
Ferguson is also probably the most inform winger in the NRL atm so I believe he done a great job Staggs. Wasn’t it Ferguson that ran over the top of Oppa to begin with to rule him out so cant judge there.

Wouldn't say he ran over the top of him, Tommy just got his head in the wrong place. Wouldn't say Ferguson is the most in form winger either. He is always good for a mistake or 3 a game, wouldn't say he is anywhere near the Likes of Oates or Addo-Carr for example.

It's so difficult with TPJ where to play him as he has been so effective everywhere. Just shows having him there decreased the defensive load our left side has been under in recent times. Didn't have to have our left center making 25 tackles a game for a change, allowed us to attack a lot more. I'd be sorely tempted to keep him there.

one thing i will say is that we need to pick the times to offload better ... sometimes it is better to hang onto the ball ...

there were 3 very poor offloads in this game (one each from TPJ, Su'A and Lodge) none were on the last tackle and 2 of the 3 just handed possession back to the Roosters cheaply

Napad grabs thaiday 180519 gt 88

Sam Thaiday says he took offence to Dylan Napa’s shot on Korbin Sims, so he got involved

May 21, 2018

BRONCOS veteran Sam Thaiday has taken a shot at the Roosters for “celebrating” after Brisbane forward Korbin Sims suffered a broken jaw in Dylan Napa’s controversial tackle.

Broncos coach Wayne Bennett slammed Napa and the NRL in Monday’s The Courier-Mail, claiming the tackle was reckless and the Maroons Origin prop should have been charged.

Napa was sin-binned for the incident but escaped a charge from the NRL’s match review committee.

Sims will be sidelined for four-six weeks, leaving the injury-struck Broncos another player short heading into Thursday’s game against Parramatta at Suncorp Stadium.

Thaiday, a veteran of 290 NRL games, said he took offence to the reaction of Sydney players following the tackle.

“Wayne has been very vocal about it and I back Wayne 100 per cent,” he said.

“I took offence to them celebrating the tackle. That’s why I got in there.

“I understand we play a tough contact sport and sometimes players get injured. There are some big tackles.

“But I took offence when they were celebrating the tackle while we’ve got a player laying on the ground injured.

“That’s why I got in there and got choked out a little bit. It reminded me of the good old days.”

The Broncos were missing a number of players during Monday’s training session.

Matt Lodge (knee), Jaydn Su’A (groin), Tevita Pangai (soreness), Corey Oates (hip), James Roberts (achilles) and Tom Opacic (concussion) sat out the light session.

The Broncos will train again on Wednesday and are confident most of the players will be available for the Eels game.

“We lose another player in Korbin and it will be tough times ahead for us,” Thaiday said.

“We will have to rely on the young guys to step up.

“We’ve lost a lot of forwards but had some young guys fill a role and do a job for us.”

Source: Courier Mail

Active Now

• thenry
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • TimWhatley
  • Broncosarethebest
  • lynx000
  • Footy Fanatic
  • broncoscope
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • RolledOates
  • theshed
  • Skathen
  • mrslong
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wild Horse
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.