Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Does anyone think JT was hit late by Josh McGuire......? The commentators certainly seemed to insinuate it.

IMO, if you want to run to the line and then prop, turn your back and then pass....then you deserve a shot in the ribs/kidney.

I thought Hunt's kicking last night was the best it's been all season. Still room to improve, but better than any other time this year. He was better than Milford.

Realistically we win the game if any of a number of things happen:
- Roberts doesn't get pulled up by Cummins
- Three injuries & we have some fresh legs in the last 20
- Kahu converts our first try.

All in all pretty good considering it was in Townsville and a lot of things went the Cowboys way.

1. If Milf doesn't have a shocker....we win the game.

Until he retires and so long as the Cowboys keep winning relatively consistently, JT is the media's 2015-whenever version of Sonny Bill in '13 and Sam Burgess in '14. Everything he does (or at times doesn't do) is labelled 'genius' but nothing is said when he ****s up. That and his constant ref bitching is killing his rep to a decent slice of fans. Yeah he's a great player, but give credit where it's actually due ffs regardless of the result

lol Phil Gould spent about 5 minutes crediting JT with Lachlan Coote's try because he passed to him on the last play instead of going for the kick himself.

The media's portrayal of the game got a reaction out of me as well.

With Oates, McCullough and Wallace off-the field it was obvious the Broncos were in trouble. The Cowboys had been in this position a number of times, and with blood in the water players like JT, Coote and Morgan know how to turnaround an average performance and strike. With Scott, Tamou and Taumalolo back, they're just a frightening force in the middle and the Broncos were just lambs to the slaughter. It's brilliance by the Cowboys, but it's also bravery from the Broncos. At 18-all, with all the possession the Cows should have finished well on top of the Broncos. A lot of teams would have conceded two or three more tries, lord knows the Eels did. Except the Broncos kept fighting. Even when they lost another player, they were willing to risk their hand and take this game to the death. That's what this game means to them, this is what this rivalry means to both sides.

But that would require putting over both sides and the media struggles to do that. The last time Brisbane were paid a compliment was in response to the colossal whinging surrounding the Storm beating the Roosters. Melbourne won through nefarious means and Sydney were just too rattled to compete with them. Meanwhile Brisbane and North Queensland played the game with the spirit it should be played. Nevermind the fact that North Queensland on average slowed the play down longer than any side that week. How that little factoid goes unmentioned grinds my gears.

Just saw the back page of the paper and it's a Thurston cum fest. It really is a pain how the media make it all about him. It's not just Thurston a lot of the media favourites don't have to do much for the media to cum all over them and hand out awards. Thurston kicked the winner but the go forward from his forwards was the difference. We targeted Thurston in the first half and Gillett ran right over the top of him for 2 tries.

Yes he is a great player and I know that he doesnt ask for articles to be written about him but the love for him is just vomit inducing.

Just saw the back page of the paper and it's a Thurston cum fest. It really is a pain how the media make it all about him. It's not just Thurston a lot of the media favourites don't have to do much for the media to cum all over them and hand out awards. Thurston kicked the winner but the go forward from his forwards was the difference. We targeted Thurston in the first half and Gillett ran right over the top of him for 2 tries.

Yes he is a great player and I know that he doesnt ask for articles to be written about him but the love for him is just vomit inducing.

Yeah it's shit. But it's still nothing on how they used to act with Johns.

I was going to add this. It happens with all the superstars, I do remember how much the media loved Joey, I also remember how much praise Lockyer got in his farewell season. Our 2011 season turned into the Lockyer farewell tour. I also remember in cricket Steve Waugh's last summer.

Very happy that we matched them for the majority of the game.

And that was an example of how overhyped Milford is. This was the game where he had to step up and ended up having one of his worst performances, if not his worst yet. Losing the ball twice in opposition territory and missing the field goal with no pressure, right in front of the posts.

Overall I'm pleased that we can still hang with the best and beat them if we improve.

Overhyped? The last time we played them in the exact same scenario he single handedly won us the match.

He had an off night, it happens even to the best of them.

**** some people know how to over-react to a loss.

Remember when the commentators were saying how unselfish Thurston was? Five minutes earlier he was stealing bomb takes from his fullback and five minutes later he was yelling at his team mates for not passing him the ball. Still spent half the game whinging to the ref too. I'm over his shit. Great player but he literally is a protected species. That absolutely was a shoulder charge on Kahu and when he kicked that field goal Tamou was stepping sideways in front of our players.

Also even if Granville wasn't directly involved when he was offside, he still put off our player. It should have been a penalty. I saw an article about how the cowboys have a second gear in the second half. It is literally because they give away their "fair amount" of penalties in the first half and the ref puts the whistle away.

Geez you lot like to whinge a lot.

Professional foul in the first half when Cooper was tackled off the ball to stop a try and Wallace offside when he caught that intercept. Not to mention the MANY errors the cowboys coughed up. Milford bombing a sitter.

Both sides had bad calls. Was still a great game of football for neutrals.

[COLOR=#333333 !important]
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Broncoman

[/COLOR]

:hmmmm:

it's funny but I think the loser of both of these matchups this season was / is probably entitled to come away feeling better about their premiership chances than the victor

They forced 4 line drop outs, we forced 0. That says a lot

They forced 4 line drop outs, we forced 0. That says a lot

It says that the Broncos should never have been in a position to win the game. They had us on our own line for the first 15 minutes, and should have got more than one try. They should have had at least 3 tries. We then did more with the ball in our own 20 and if it wasn't for injuries we would have won easy.

If, but, could've, would've......excuses excuses.

If Feldt didn't drop so many balls broncos would not have gone close.

Johnathan Thurston is a Legend and class above.

If, but, could've, would've......excuses excuses.

If Feldt didn't drop so many balls broncos would not have gone close.

Johnathan Thurston is a Legend and class above.
Still nothing compared to what Green and Thurston, and most Cowboys fans did after the loss in round 4. The crying and whining could be heard between Sydney and Townsville...

Geez you lot like to whinge a lot.

Professional foul in the first half when Cooper was tackled off the ball to stop a try and Wallace offside when he caught that intercept. Not to mention the MANY errors the cowboys coughed up. Milford bombing a sitter.

Both sides had bad calls. Was still a great game of football for neutrals.

I'll pay all of that.

In a game that tight, it doesn't take much to swing the match in either side's favour.

We had a couple of calls go our way but failed to capitalise. Cowboys made the most of theirs.

I do feel like they have our measure currently but in saying that, I feel they are more a finished product than our side. They have their forward rotation nutted out to give them consistent go forward and their spine combines well, marshalling their back line when they're on the attack.

Our side, man for man, is their equal but I feel we lack that synergy at times. We have periods where our momentum wanes, and our set plays in attack lack polish.

When it comes together it's magnificent but we're not producing it consistently. We'll get there, it's all a matter of handling pressure when the game is in the balance.

Active Now

• Kev_Guz
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • Justwin
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Spoon
  • Brocko
  • Santa
  • The Don
  • Fitzy
  • Griffo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.