Round 11 Discussion

Hardly anything in that game, in the end the Sharks were able to expose a bunched Dragons defensive line with a shift and Hiroti made up for his earlier blunder to give Cronulla their opportunity. Surely none of the Dragons were onside for that initial attempt from Townsend, but Chad picked his moment and may have just ended the Dragons finals ambitions as a result.

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: Dion Johnson

On the flip side you have some quality forwards in Haas and Fledgler. Some good centre’s, injury is hurting you guys along with team selection.
The halves are hurting us more than anything... every end of set is rubbish. The forwards work hard to get the team in position only for a nothing kick to completely waste all the effort.

They cannot build any pressure

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: Dan

Broncos Also have

professor farnsworth GIF

Farnsworth

Posted on behalf of Brisbane Broncos Fan Forum user: BroncsFan

The halves are hurting us more than anything... every end of set is rubbish. The forwards work hard to get the team in position only for a nothing kick to completely waste all the effort.

They cannot build any pressure
The constant changing of the halves is horrible, I don’t know to much about Hethrington but it would be worth giving him a decent run in the 9 while Turpin gets some spark back into his game, has been very ordinary this season.

The constant changing of the halves is horrible, I don’t know to much about Hethrington but it would be worth giving him a decent run in the 9 while Turpin gets some spark back into his game, has been very ordinary this season.
I think Hetherington is going to be better served as a lock. Not sure what to do about turps. He's been a bit average this year

He’s a lock now

Posted on behalf of NZWarriors user: Ever Hopeful

Only 5 teams have a positive points differential. Classic.

Posted on behalf of NZWarriors user: Ever Hopeful

Only 5 teams have a positive points differential. Classic.
Be good if we make it 6 teams Sunday afternoon.

Posted on behalf of NZWarriors user: Geoffpublic

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: Waz13

I’ve questioned Kevvie plenty since his appointment tbh. I mean he’s playing a park footballer in the halves this weekend. His coaching cred seems based on riding the coattails of the Qld origin team and this concept that his emotive old boy Broncs persona will bear fruitful results. Not seen much to validate this so far. I do hope he does well but have a feeling by mid next season Tge knives will be starting to sharpen. How can u lose sone of the guys they have? Coates, walsh n co. It’s unacceptable for the Broncs fans.
I didn't like him last year. I felt he used his media position to make Seibs life even worse while going soft on the players.
I thought it was a nasty thing to do and was all aimed at him getting the Broncs coaching job.
I'm glad he's not at my club.

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: globaleagle

I just can't see how Walter's appointment will end well..

On the other hand, I'm kinda ok with that.

hey! My t-shirts from Global culture (NZ) just arrived in Canada land! 'noice'

Posted on behalf of NZWarriors user: Miket12

The team I can see benefitting most from all these soft sin binnings is the Bunnies.... after all they have got a Hollywood actor as their owner to show them how to milk a penalty.

Posted on behalf of NZWarriors user: Mr Frank White

Posted on behalf of Brisbane Broncos Fan Forum user: BroncsFan

We have the worst spine in the comp... it's so bad that a park footballer is playing ahead of Millionford
The beginning of the end was both Milf and Kodi in the halves. And both on massive contracts.

Posted on behalf of Brisbane Broncos Fan Forum user: GKDonkey

I think Hetherington is going to be better served as a lock. Not sure what to do about turps. He's been a bit average this year
Turpin is probably a bit jaded. I mean hard to hold the team together that young and everything failing apart around you.

Every up and coming star want out of the Broncos, it's like rats flee a sinking ship.

The beginning of the end was both Milf and Kodi in the halves. And both on massive contracts.
You're correct with the timing, but Kodi was never on a big contract.

He went to NZ for a huge contract he was on like half of that here.

I didnt watch the warriors game but caught the highlights this morning.

It is going to be extremely painful watching Walsh as a Broncos fan over the next few years.

It makes me really question Kev's judgement because I just don't see why or how Isaako was favoured over him.

Yeah he will make errors and have dips along the way but I think in 12 months we'll be talking about him in the same breathe as guys like Brimson, Gutho, Val, Latrell etc in that tier below the elites. The kid is a special talent.

With last week's games fading off into the distance in the rear-view mirror it's obvious the interpretations of what warrants a send-off, a sin bin, a penalty or a mere "place on report" has (like everything else) fallen into the gray area of subjectivity. Which again means clubs are at the mercy of the whims and moods of who is officiating on the field and probably more important - in the bunker.

This whole week I've been loathe to read anything about our game as it all seems to be news revolving around the negatives of our game. I am, as I'm sure are many thousands of other supporters of the game -simply at breaking point with keeping interest in this constant change-a-thon. Especially when (as always) our club seems to be coping the brunt of it.

One thing I will say, is that due to the nature of the current iteration of the game the teams who are the quickest to realise that it is no longer sufficient to have 1 player on the bench as a recognised "14".

The sort of player that can play 2 or 3 positions is now the most valuable player in the game especially so if they can play both in the forwards and the backs.

The nature of the sin-bins where a team can now lose a player in any position for 10 minutes and HIAs mean players who can slot into different positions on the field at a drop of a hat will be an absolute must for teams moving forward. Furthermore, having one such player will no longer suffice. Teams may now need to have 2 or even 3 number "14s".

Some of you may not wish to hear it but players like Billy Walters who can play several positions are about to become very sought after. If we can, we should be developing players like Paix both as a half back and a dummy half. Hetherington as a lock and a dummy half is exactly what we need now.

Within a couple of years (if the rules stay as they are) teams will be looking to develop players that can play multiple roles. Player like Jonny Plath and Shaun Berrigan would be absolute gold in today's game.

With last week's games fading off into the distance in the rear-view mirror it's obvious the interpretations of what warrants a send-off, a sin bin, a penalty or a mere "place on report" has (like everything else) fallen into the gray area of subjectivity. Which again means clubs are at the mercy of the whims and moods of who is officiating on the field and probably more important - in the bunker.

This whole week I've been loathe to read anything about our game as it all seems to be news revolving around the negatives of our game. I am, as I'm sure are many thousands of other supporters of the game -simply at breaking point with keeping interest in this constant change-a-thon. Especially when (as always) our club seems to be coping the brunt of it.

One thing I will say, is that due to the nature of the current iteration of the game the teams who are the quickest to realise that it is no longer sufficient to have 1 player on the bench as a recognised "14".

The sort of player than can play 2 or 3 positions is now the most valuable player in the game especially so if they can play both in the forwards and the backs.

The nature of the sin-bins where a team can now lose a player in any position for 10 minutes and HIAs mean players who can slot into different positions on the field at a drop of a hat will be an absolute must for teams moving forward. Furthermore, having one such player will no longer suffice. Teams may now need to have 2 or even 3 number "14s".

Some of you may not wish to hear it but players like Billy Walters who can play several positions are about to become very sought after. If we can, we should be developing players like Paix both as a half back and a dummy half. Hetherington as a lock and a dummy half is exactly what we need now.

Within a couple of years (if the rules stay as they are) teams will be looking to develop players that can play multiple roles. Player like Jonny Plath and Shaun Berrigan would be absolute gold in today's game.
You can already see it occurring and you are right about the growing importance they will have.

You have to have a method or a plan for covering any position that goes down and mainly if a back or a half goes down.

I believe broncos have basically been going with a bench of 1x utility, 2x middles and 1x utility forward

Ben Teo is what I have been calling a utility forward on the bench. They can play in the middle as a prop or lock, but also fill in on an edge if needed, and he's also popped up in the centers when injuries occur. TPJ covers middle or edge. Riki and Bullemor can cover both roles now as well.

Hetherington looks like he basically becomes our Brandon Smith.... and I wonder if Gamble could become a really handy utility on the bench... halves now, but he appears to have the body shape to cover hooker, second row, lock or center.

Knights use Watson to cover hooker, halves, fullback and his normal role is ball playing lock off the bench. Whoever is the utility also needs to have a role during a normal game. Can't just carry someone for a token 10mins nowadays.

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • Big Del
  • Battler
  • Xzei
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Harry Sack
  • Dash
  • Galah
  • cento
  • Wolfie
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • teampjta
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.