Round 11 Discussion

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: SeaEagleRock8

You make a fair point although so far as I know AFB committed one serious offence whereas Lodge's rap sheet is long and varied. Very long.
Not knocking his footy ability, he was identified as a serious talent at a very young age.
The only other incident I'm aware of was a domestic violence charge before the New York incident which wasn't as serious as AFB.

I'm not saying he was an angel or anything. Clearly he made some horrible mistakes but he served his punishment and clearly made steps to improve himself. I don't mind Rugby League handing young men these second chances and there were several clubs who were after his services.

You make a fair point although so far as I know AFB committed one serious offence whereas Lodge's rap sheet is long and varied. Very long.
Not knocking his footy ability, he was identified as a serious talent at a very young age.
I’ve met and talked to Lodge - he seems to have learnt lessons the hard way. Let’s see if Dylan Walker can do the same.

Ref manipulation ramped to 11 in this game.
- Dogs dropping the ball in the ruck 50/50 error vs penalty and going the way of the titans each time
- Obstruction even though DWZ runs to the next gap and is therefore miles away from Wallace... who looks to throw his arm around the decoy and then fall to the ground.

Doesn't really bother me... broncos need the dogs to lose

Credit to Phillip Sami as one of the fastest healers the game has ever seen. He went from a broken neck to sprinting down the field in 5 seconds, must be stem cells.

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: ManEagle

Posted on behalf of Brisbane Broncos Fan Forum user: broncos4life

Credit to Phillip Sami as one of the fastest healers the game has ever seen. He went from a broken neck to sprinting down the field in 5 seconds, must be stem cells.
He also put his neck in the position early in the tackle.
He was always going to try a crusher

Although it doesnt really get much better than this

Didn't we use that exact same move with Oates scoring, running that line Stewart did? Used it once in how many years?.

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: cc eagle

Posted on behalf of Brisbane Broncos Fan Forum user: broncos4life

Similar to Vaughan last night.

Posted on behalf of Brisbane Broncos Fan Forum user: ivanhungryjak

I’ve met and talked to Lodge - he seems to have learnt lessons the hard way. Let’s see if Dylan Walker can do the same.
One would hope so. T
Posted on behalf of Brisbane Broncos Fan Forum user: Big Pete

The only other incident I'm aware of was a domestic violence charge before the New York incident which wasn't as serious as AFB.
There was also the suspension for an offensive wristband he wore during some youth origin game. Also it was reported he agreed to pay compensation for his NY horror show to keep out of jail (can't do those deals over here) but then didn't pay. The league or his club had to step in and get it happening.

Anyhow as I said I take your point, many players get second and third chances, personally I was surprised the league allowed him back. I think he was the guy Todd looked in the eye? Must be OK now then I guess.

The more this round plays out, the more certain i am that Vlandys and his cronies are manipulating the outcomes of these games.

They copped massive backlash for the blowouts, now we are magically seeing fewer blowouts.
No such thing as a coincidence when gambling/horse racing big wigs are involved.

Yvonny frothing over Suali and he hasnt laced on a boot yet.

Posted on behalf of NZWarriors user: BeastMode

Chooks debuting a 17yr old today.

Good luck to the young man.

Posted on behalf of Brisbane Broncos Fan Forum user: Midean

The more this round plays out, the more certain i am that Vlandys and his cronies are manipulating the outcomes of these games.

They copped massive backlash for the blowouts, now we are magically seeing fewer blowouts.
No such thing as a coincidence when gambling/horse racing big wigs are involved.
I get your point but it's not as if any of the games have been memorable. It has been pretty average and lacklustre so far this round.
Last night's game was terrible.

Posted on behalf of NZWarriors user: Teeps4Shore

Come on the DOGS!!!!!!

Posted on behalf of NZWarriors user: Canadian_WarriorFan

Haha
Reckon we will get the $BW treatment and have Suaalu in the little screen box all through the warm up and game
You forgot the talking to himself for the last 30 seconds before he heads onto the field. Thought it was waf.

More diving... sigh

Used to be a good game league

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Jazza
  • Foordy
  • Bucking Beads
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Mr Fourex
  • RolledOates
  • Robboi_321
  • Fitzy
  • Financeguy
  • Johnny92
  • Broncs1459
  • Spooky1013
  • Maddy
  • Skyblues87
  • Aldo
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.