Round 11 Discussion

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: Mark from Brisbane

So how many sin bins in today's games ( averaging about 3-4 a game now ).

My guess , 8 for the 3 games.

Don’t you just love these new rule changes??

You can bet your house on the broncos copping a few

7 of those 8 will be Broncos.

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: Cliffymagic

We'll see if the Broncos have learnt Thier lesson. Took 4 high shots till someone got binned.

Posted on behalf of NZWarriors user: Sup42

Titans
Broncos
Raiders

You read it here first. Todays winners.
Jeez that’ll stiff my footy tipping !!

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: globaleagle

broncs to beat roosters?

even with wonder boy 17 year old suaalii (sp) playing

surely not. uncle nick wont allow it.

Looking forward to watching Aaron Schoupp debut for the Bulldogs. He was one of the stand-out players in the Steelers SG Ball premiership winning 2019 team and he's been a real stand out for their NSW Cup team. He's a strong runner of the football and I would not be surprised to see him make an instant impact for the Bulldogs.

A real danger game for the Titans who have been in freefall ever since that capitulation against Souths.

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: SeaEagleRock8

Posted on behalf of Brisbane Broncos Fan Forum user: Marty Deutschmann

Who has been hanging around taking all the money to mean we couldn't sign those guys??

1. Boyd
6. Milford
3. Bird
Lodge. But seriously you guys get what you deserve for ever signing that bloke to begin with!

Lodge. But seriously you guys get what you deserve for ever signing that bloke to begin with!
I really don't follow this logic - Fonua-Blake had his troubles in the past and I doubt any of you regret having him in the team.

Lodge served his punishment and has been nothing but great off the field.

Now if it's because you don't rate him as a player fair enough.

Another example of our glorious Rugby League media.

In his press conference Nathan Brown was nothing but complimentary towards Reece Walsh but also wanted to pay tribute to Tohu Harris. The journos wanted no part in that so they kept peppering him about Walsh which led to the topic of what he could work on.

I thought Brown was very generous with them but of course FoxSports have to exploit them to try and create a stupid narrative. Hopefully it doesn't become a topic of conversation.

Posted on behalf of NZWarriors user: mrblonde

The team I can see benefitting most from all these soft sin binnings is the Bunnies.... after all they have got a Hollywood actor as their owner to show them how to milk a penalty.
"My name is Dane Gagai. Victim of a spear tackle when looked at from a certain angle. Hurt by a chrusher tackle when looked at in super-duper slow motion and you see my Owie I'm In Pain face. And I will have my opposition player sinbinned. Or, hopefully, sent off."

As I've stated previously, I don't have a lot of time for the "it were 'arder when I were a lad!" approach some league fans have taken to the new rules. Some/most of the send-offs now have always been send-offs. The sin-binnings you could argue are on the conservative side. Understandably, the refs don't want to get a whack on the knuckles or be dropped for not doing anything about a potential incident, so they choose to over-react rather than under-react. In the same way they don't want to be seen as biased, so go hard in Team A in the first half, hard on Team B in the second half. Not that I thought the 2 sinbins we got last night were wrong. Murdoch-Masila may as well have had "GIMME 10 REF" in flashing lights above his head. He made the 10 Min Sin Bin For Me > Very Likely 6 Pt Try Against Team equation. Katoa was just stupid.

I'd rather not see Shaun Johnson, to use an example, a stumbling, gibbering wreck in his 70s because he took a hit too many in the NRL and dementia's struck him and his family are taking the NRL to court. I'd rather he stumbled and gibbered now, especially against the Warriors. Get it out of his system.

Another example of our glorious Rugby League media.

In his press conference Nathan Brown was nothing but complimentary towards Reece Walsh but also wanted to pay tribute to Tohu Harris. The journos wanted no part in that so they kept peppering him about Walsh which led to the topic of what he could work on.

I thought Brown was very generous with them but of course FoxSports have to exploit them to try and create a stupid narrative. Hopefully it doesn't become a topic of conversation.
It won't ... Fox are too busy pushing the broncos missed opportunity narrative. They aren't about to throw mud on the Ponga that broncos let go

Posted on behalf of Brisbane Broncos Fan Forum user: Big Pete

I really don't follow this logic - Fonua-Blake had his troubles in the past and I doubt any of you regret having him in the team.

Lodge served his punishment and has been nothing but great off the field.

Now if it's because you don't rate him as a player fair enough.
You make a fair point although so far as I know AFB committed one serious offence whereas Lodge's rap sheet is long and varied. Very long.
Not knocking his footy ability, he was identified as a serious talent at a very young age.

Must say again this is an interesting concept , fans from three clubs commenting and actually getting on , who’d a thought !!

Must say again this is an interesting concept , fans from three clubs commenting and actually getting on , who’d a thought !!
Waiting for the die hard Stewart brother or Jamie Lyon fan boy to stick his head out of the woodwork though.

It's really brought new life to this forum I think

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Bucking Beads
  • Painin the Haas
  • Jason Simmons
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Foordy
  • Allo
  • phoenix
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mustafur
  • Skyblues87
  • broncos4life
  • Hoof Hearted
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Ozired
  • The True King
  • TimWhatley
  • Harry Sack
  • Brocko
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.