Round 11 Discussion

Posted on behalf of NZWarriors user: Hardyman's Yugo

Posted on behalf of Brisbane Broncos Fan Forum user: Big Pete

The issue with Canberra is that their roster isn't that flash. Yes they made a grand final two years ago but they've since lost Bateman and Leilua who were instrumental in that team. Soliola, Rapana, Croker, Hodgson etc. have all gotten on and they can't win games on the back of their competitive nature anymore.

It looks like Ricky gets them up for contests but they just can't find that extra gear and that's when teams just roll them.

I don't think they're about to go into a fullscale meltdown but 2021 is basically a wash for them. Time to start blooding the next crop of juniors and make a couple smart recruitment decisions.
The rumours are you fellas are after Hodgson after he’s had an argument with Stuart

You are describing Daniel Anderson as well.

Turned the Warriors into a top four side two years running then it all went tits up because of his personality.

As you know he went well in his stint in the ESL.

Same thing at the Eels...now no one will touch him.

Sticky is a wanker...if I had a dollar for every time one of his players excuses him by saying he wears his heart on his sleeve....

Rumours have been there all season that the Raiders have an unhappy dressing room.

Coach sets the tone.
A man who was involved in a salary cap scandal at Parra and rocks up two years later at the Rorters. You couldn’t make it up

The issue with Canberra is that their roster isn't that flash. Yes they made a grand final two years ago but they've since lost Bateman and Leilua who were instrumental in that team. Soliola, Rapana, Croker, Hodgson etc. have all gotten on and they can't win games on the back of their competitive nature anymore.

It looks like Ricky gets them up for contests but they just can't find that extra gear and that's when teams just roll them.

I don't think they're about to go into a fullscale meltdown but 2021 is basically a wash for them. Time to start blooding the next crop of juniors and make a couple smart recruitment decisions.
I think their middle is a bit overrated as well.

they get a lot of talk about Tapine, Horsborough, Guher, etc... but to me Papa is the only legit gun they have... and I think Lui complements them really well as well.

Sutton is coming along a little, but I just don’t think they work as a unit all that well.

By unit I’m talking about how it doesn’t matter who’s in the storm or roosters pack they are just perpetual motion and quick play the balls.

Guher, Horse and Tapine all just look like a bunch of individuals and don’t really work for quick play the balls to give their next man a good ruck to work off

The rumours are you fellas are after Hodgson after he’s had an argument with Stuart
I think Hodgson would work well for us though... you’d think we would look for a 2yr deal and run a partnership with Turps.

Turps wears himself out every game and needs some help off the bench. If we had Hodgson he could start with Turps coming on later.

Hodgson is also robust enough and smart enough to play as a ball playing lock with Turpin on the field, which is fine in the current version of NRL

Posted on behalf of Brisbane Broncos Fan Forum user: BroncsFan

I think Hodgson would work well for us though... you’d think we would look for a 2yr deal and run a partnership with Turps.

Turps wears himself out every game and needs some help off the bench. If we had Hodgson he could start with Turps coming on later.

Hodgson is also robust enough and smart enough to play as a ball playing lock with Turpin on the field, which is fine in the current version of NRL
He’s a tough cookie Hodgson and a good footballer. He wasn’t the best 9 in ESL though, I always thought Roby would have been a sensation if he’d gone to the NRL with his mate James Graham. Too late now though

Posted on behalf of NZWarriors user: Swanley

I hate these updates from other forums!!!

There, I said it.

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: globaleagle

broncs to beat roosters?

even with wonder boy 17 year old suaalii (sp) playing

surely not. uncle nick wont allow it.

Yes...broncos to beat roosters.

ya goose! Should have listened to the Mister tipster from the land of the sun blisters.

Posted on behalf of NZWarriors user: Gizzyfan

Posted on behalf of Brisbane Broncos Fan Forum user: DanG

now time for rabbits to knock off the panthers, then the weekend will be complete

Good win Broncs, you have been doing it tough so we know how you have been feeling. Enjoy

Posted on behalf of NZWarriors user: Swanley

I hate these updates from other forums!!!

There, I said it.

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: Mark from Brisbane

Well how many send offs in today’s games , about 5 per game seems to be the go.

And how many of them will be milking penalties ??

Rugba Leeg circa 2021

What a bloody FARCE

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: Cliffymagic

Expect Parker to cop his usual 5 highshots. Should help us out abit.

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: mickqld

Expect Parker to cop his usual 5 highshots. Should help us out abit.
Don't see how that will help us. Not one of them will be a bin job.

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: Mark from Brisbane

It’ll be interesting to see how our new mates at the Warriors / Broncos will commentate on our game.

It should be a ripper game between two arch rivals.

The Eels deserve to be favourites but an upset is a real possibility.

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: Woodsie

Have to say it ... not being emotionally or financially invested in the Donkey V Rorters game ... the sin bins and on reports .. , Vicky the inflikter consumed by the red mist .. who would be sin binned next ... I loved the theatre of it, it was compelling drama and must watch until the end ...

Posted on behalf of NZWarriors user: Teeps4Shore

Looking ahead, next weeks round looks very intriguing… let’s assume Parra takes care of manly today. There is an epic log jam around position 6 to 8 as we reach the halfway point in the season.

next week is a must win against the cows… it’s almost a 4 point game given how close everything is. If we can win, then we should be locked in to the 8 as we move to bye week.

but also, look at the games around us. Next week, tigers play the dragons - and given how bad the red v are tracking, i can see a tigers win there.. good for us! Roosters will want a come back against the Raiders which could stuff their season…sharks play the Titans in a must win game for Cronulla and the knights play manly.

we win, and a few results go out way, we could be 6th by the end of the round!!!!

How good would that be coming into the second half of the season???

game on baby!

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: cc eagle

Posted on behalf of NZWarriors user: Teeps4Shore

Looking ahead, next weeks round looks very intriguing… let’s assume Parra takes care of manly today. There is an epic log jam around position 6 to 8 as we reach the halfway point in the season.

next week is a must win against the cows… it’s almost a 4 point game given how close everything is. If we can win, then we should be locked in to the 8 as we move to bye week.

but also, look at the games around us. Next week, tigers play the dragons - and given how bad the red v are tracking, i can see a tigers win there.. good for us! Roosters will want a come back against the Raiders which could stuff their season…sharks play the Titans in a must win game for Cronulla and the knights play manly.

we win, and a few results go out way, we could be 6th by the end of the round!!!!

How good would that be coming into the second half of the season???

game on baby!
Lets not assume Parra takes care of manly ;)

Active Now

• Gaz
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Mr Fourex
  • ivanhungryjak
  • bb_gun
  • broncos4life
  • BooKhaki
  • Dash
  • MrMoore
  • heartly87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.