PRE-GAME Round 11 - Knights vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine the extra potency of the right hand side attack if it wasn't.

At least his defence is so much better. His tackling makes a big contribution to our success.
He was easily our best forward last night. Only Corey Parker came close. The rest was just awful...

He was easily our best forward last night. Only Corey Parker came close. The rest was just awful...

Check out the MASSSIVE difference between the front row metres gained. Appalling

Glenn was very good also, although the person he's meant to be helping on defence let in 3 soft tries, which doesn't bode well for him.

Glenn was very good also, although the person he's meant to be helping on defence let in 3 soft tries, which doesn't bode well for him.

Given Boyd is doing so well at the back, it's ISC time for that person! Or should we promote Ash Taylor?

Ach the fun we have ...

Calls of Milford to ISC are baffling and just completely illogical

Calls of Milford to ISC are baffling and just completely illogical

Who the ****? Milford has been close to our best for the past few weeks

If your talking about the comment from [MENTION=1847]rnabokov[/MENTION], I think that was a sarcastic comment made in jest.

Likely in response to comments supporting Copley being dumped to the ISC for a similarly poor defensive game against Parramatta.

But i could be wrong.

I think I heard that too.

As for his play in general, 51 tackles tonight but only 8 runs to Glenn's 13. Clearly for mine, unlike Glenn, Gillett is just not getting any quality ball. He gets the ball with defenders already all over him. At least Glenn gets set up better by Milford for one than Gillo does by Hunt.

I'd like to see Oates, Glenn and Arrow in the back row, Kahu at FB and sadly, it looks there's no choice that Blair will be in the side.
ys

So true, the ball just doesnt go Gillos way. He plays on the right edge, and our attack and sweeping moves is primarily right to left, so he misses out. I wish we use more of our edge runners (Glenn/Gillo) in those sweeping plays, its always out the back. The roosters and cowboys use their edge forwards alot more.

Unfortunately i dont think Gillo will get in SoO cause of the direction QLD want, which is a shame but good for this.

8. Blair
9. Macca
10. Wallace
11. Glenn
12. Gillo
13. Oates/Lowrie

Bench is a worry with depth and experience

14. Oates/Lowrie
15. Offa
16. Garbutt/Molo
17. Kodi

Backline is the same so not a bad team. Could win with Mullen/Scott missing.

If your talking about the comment from @rnabokov, I think that was a sarcastic comment made in jest.

Likely in response to comments supporting Copley being dumped to the ISC for a similarly poor defensive game against Parramatta.

But i could be wrong.

Well, I thought of the NYC but he's too old for that I think. ISC would be give him him confidence and experience in defence, just like Copley .. (it's about the same level as the Raiders last year :tape: )

Of course you're not wrong Foordy. In fact, I... I ... I ... can't remember the last time you were. (Now that will bring out a lot of vented spleen from the woodwork hahaha).

So yes, I will confess to sarcasm. For shame.

Milford has been one of our best. He just needs to deal effectively with his opposite, with the size and power of Morgan if he wants to cut it at the top grade as a top 5/8. And I think for the moment, we ought to forget the comparisons to Locky. Bennett I am sure will address Milford's defence.

As for Copley, he would have added a lot to our attack last night.

ys

So true, the ball just doesnt go Gillos way. He plays on the right edge, and our attack and sweeping moves is primarily right to left, so he misses out. I wish we use more of our edge runners (Glenn/Gillo) in those sweeping plays, its always out the back. The roosters and cowboys use their edge forwards alot more.

Unfortunately i dont think Gillo will get in SoO cause of the direction QLD want, which is a shame but good for this.

This has been one of the major disappointments for me this year, and as talanoa posted, Hodges can be more villain than hero out on the right side, except for yes, again, that wonderful set piece 1st try v Dragons. Why why why don't we use it every game? So effective and well executed.

As for the side v Knights, I'm going to wait for the SoO side on Tuesday. However, lock is critical. We need a really solid defender in there in the middle third which for mine, at this stage, rules out Oates and Arrow on experience at the top level in an important game, and Lowrie is probably best choice under the circumstances.

Are you serious? He was actually impressive tonight! Good moments (apart from that knock on) but his D was good, some solid runs. Reminds me of Wallace from last year. . Coupe little errors but showed great potential. I am in his corner after tonight

great post marty,molo is still only young and will get better over time. as pointed out in a separate post he has played less than 10 games. The thing to watch with molo is his leg speed and footwork at the line, he will cause some headaches for opposition defense...
Lets remember too that molo isn't the only player to ever knock the ball on. Once he settles and gets more game time I reckon you will see a really good player develop.

Hit us up with Vidot's & Ofahengaue's stats when they're up please [MENTION=8272]1910[/MENTION]

Watching Newcastle right now, their defense is absolutely appalling. Milford is going to have a blinder if the forwards can lift to give him the platform

Newcastle are playing very poorly it's just that they are not playing a top 4 team is why they are not miles behind. I'm feeling confident about beating these guys without our origin players.

Hit us up with Vidot's & Ofahengaue's stats when they're up please @1910

Joe started and played about 44 minutes, Vidot was off the bench. Prozone don't normally get the stats emailed out till Wednesday. Joe had a slight shoulder cork.

Newcastle are playing very poorly it's just that they are not playing a top 4 team is why they are not miles behind. I'm feeling confident about beating these guys without our origin players.

I didn't see anything from the Knights that worried me. Still confident we can account for them.

Mindful that we're going to be looking at quite a different 17 while Newcastle shouldn't have any adjustments to make.

Particularly, we're likely to be fielding a relatively green forward pack, which they will look to exploit. I'm comfortable we can expose them out wide via the class in our spine.

The only possible Origin selections for Newcastle (NSW side, the Maroons won't pick Gagai) would be Tariq Sims, McManus and Scott. Scott will probably will get selected and Sims and McManus could make it although for the Blues sake im praying that McManus doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Galah
  • BruiserMk1
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.