Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Maybe this guy should get a go on the bench.

On the cusp: Jaydn S’ua turned in one of the great performances in Holden Cup history against the Cowboys, running for an incredible 280 metres from 23 carries in the Broncos 44-10 win over North Queensland. S’ua crossed for a try, made three line breaks and was credited with a try assist in the victory. A former junior Rugby union star, S’ua is equally comfortable at centre or backrow and has been one of the finds of the season for the ladder leading Broncos.

Jaydn played for Souths, is one of the first involved with the Logan EPDP. His defence is outstanding this year.

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
S'ua doesn't qualify for the NRL.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
Maybe this guy should get a go on the bench.

On the cusp: Jaydn S’ua turned in one of the great performances in Holden Cup history against the Cowboys, running for an incredible 280 metres from 23 carries in the Broncos 44-10 win over North Queensland. S’ua crossed for a try, made three line breaks and was credited with a try assist in the victory. A former junior Rugby union star, S’ua is equally comfortable at centre or backrow and has been one of the finds of the season for the ladder leading Broncos.
He is 17

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
S'ua - Date of Birth: 23-10-1997 (17)

Next season maybe.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Still seems like a quality prospect since he is dominating NYC at 17 having played only 10 matches.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Vidot seemed to do a huge amount of hit ups on Saturday night.

On the wing?

He might be one answer for the front row. Certainly will add some go forward. I wonder about his defence in the middle though?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
According to the Courier Mail the Broncos will look like...

1. Jordan Kahu
2. Daniel Vidot
3. Jack Reed
4. Dale Copley
5. Lachlan Maranta
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
8. Jarrod Wallace
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Adam Blair
11. Alex Glenn
12. Corey Oates
13. Todd Lowrie

14. Kodi Nikorima
15. Francis Molo
16. Joe Ofahengaue
17. David Stagg

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I can actually live with that.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Quick, Maranta started playing good on the left wing.. move him back to the right!

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
I wonder what WB has against Garbutt? He must really have it out for him if he can't get a gig this week but Blair can.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
According to the Courier Mail the Broncos will look like...

1. Jordan Kahu
2. Daniel Vidot
3. Jack Reed
4. Dale Copley
5. Lachlan Maranta
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
8. Jarrod Wallace
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Adam Blair
11. Alex Glenn
12. Corey Oates
13. Todd Lowrie

14. Kodi Nikorima
15. Francis Molo
16. Joe Ofahengaue
17. David Stagg

I know we need experience off the bench, but apparently Stagg has only been playing 20 mins a game, so not sure whats going to happen there.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Quick, Maranta started playing good on the left wing.. move him back to the right!

:laugh:

While I wouldn't rule it out, you know I don't believe in that traditional numbering mumbo jumbo.

Neither does Bennett apparently. Maranta was named at 5 last week as well.

Ari Gold said:
I wonder what WB has against Garbutt? He must really have it out for him if he can't get a gig this week but Blair can.

Blair has experience at the top level.

The only experience Garbutt has of any note is a couple of ISC Grand Finals.

Forget Blair, Garbutt's competition is Molo and Ofahengaue and he's disadvantaged by being 5 and 6 years older respectively.

I know we need experience off the bench, but apparently Stagg has only been playing 20 mins a game, so not sure whats going to happen there.

Bennett has very little in terms of choice.

Either back a player who has done a job for him and can be counted on to do the hard stuff.

Or introduce Greinke to the next level and hope that he can handle the intensity of the NRL against a largely unaffected Knights outfit.

Last edited:
Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014

I forgot David Stagg existed until Big Pete posted that team lol! Vidot is going to be insanely valuable against the Knights, I would be surprised if Stagg does get named over Garbutt, Oates and Glenn can play full games, Wallace can just slip into lock for Lowrie if he has a spell and that way we never Stagg on the field again. He is probably a good bloke, but his last few games in the NRL were appalling hence the reason he hasn't played in a long time. I haven't heard anything from the media about him so he must not be doing much....

Wouldn't be against putting in Nikorima in at fullback to give young Ashley a go but I think this game will be close and if we are going to win it we need Kahu at the back in my opinion - as much as I love Nikorima. Cherry-Evans has hurt his shoulder tonight so Hunt might get a call up! In that case Taylor or Niks comes into 7, preferably Taylor since Niks isn't really a 7. Up the Broncs!!

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
I forgot David Stagg existed until Big Pete posted that team lol! Vidot is going to be insanely valuable against the Knights, I would be surprised if Stagg does get named over Garbutt, Oates and Glenn can play full games, Wallace can just slip into lock for Lowrie if he has a spell and that way we never Stagg on the field again. He is probably a good bloke, but his last few games in the NRL were appalling hence the reason he hasn't played in a long time. I haven't heard anything from the media about him so he must not be doing much....

Wouldn't be against putting in Nikorima in at fullback to give young Ashley a go but I think this game will be close and if we are going to win it we need Kahu at the back in my opinion - as much as I love Nikorima. Cherry-Evans has hurt his shoulder tonight so Hunt might get a call up! In that case Taylor or Niks comes into 7, preferably Taylor since Niks isn't really a 7. Up the Broncs!!

Even if DCE is out I'd half expect Morgan to be the replacement.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Nahhh....unlike the fans, mal and his selectors don't go with the recent flavour of the month.

Hunt almost got a shot last year, if they don't go DCE (which they will) .....expect Hunt to get the call up.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Just in case there is any sort of confusion, I'd just like to re-iterate that I do not rate Michael Morgan and think he's massively over-rated. I want him nowhere near Origin.

I just expect he would be next in line though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • TimWhatley
  • Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Skyblues87
  • Fozz
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Bish
  • Shane Tronc
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • eggstar10
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.