Round 11 - Roosters vs Broncos

He should be banned for this.

View attachment 13164

Absolutely, You don't fucking shoulder charge a player kicking the ball when he is most vulnerable. It's totally unnecessary. Radley's a fucking psycho who drools at opportunities to hurt people 'cos it's such fun. Ban the prick for a month. Oh ... damn, it's the Roosters. Put him down for 3 Dally M points.

Given they got pinged twice as much as us (10-5) and had 8 players put on report compared to our 2, I wasn't all that upset by the new rules. Seemed like we got a lot more 6-agains as well.
Yeah, I loved the new rules last night. Wouldn’t change a thing if that’s how every game goes for the broncos.

Was following the scores as the boss had organised a catch up with friends so I only got to watch the replay.

Just my 2 cents about how disgusting the Fox commentators were. Total wankfest before about the roosters and continued into the game, but we're used to it by now!

It'll be interesting to see how long the current officiating changes go for, including 6 again's cause I know plenty of people not tuning in ATM.
Yea it was hard to listen to.
As others have said, i typically have always like Vossy's commentary for the most part, but last night put me right off him and im sure Vlandys has paid him a nice bonus to become yet another shill.

It was disgusting how he repeatedly defended Radley and praised the rule changes only when it was a call against the Broncos.

He is now on the shitlist with Cronk, Ennis, Freddy and Yvonny.

I cannot believe what i am about to say, but the 2 commentators/voices of NRL i have most agreed with since the rule changes have been Braith and Tallis, two blokes i couldnt stand listening to before the NRL apocalypse began on the back of Trents massive sook in that post game presser.

Absolutely, You don't fucking shoulder charge a player kicking the ball when he is most vulnerable. It's totally unnecessary. Radley's a fucking psycho who drools at opportunities to hurt people 'cos it's such fun. Ban the prick for a month. Oh ... damn, it's the Roosters. Put him down for 3 Dally M points.
Meanwhile Cronk was stroking his **** over it, gushing how much he admired Radley's style of play.

To be honest, I've always enjoyed watching Radley play too.
I don't mind him being sent in the bin against the Broncos at all, and some of his tackling did go a bit over the top after he started losing his cool, but most of his tackles earlier on were the type that made me get into watching rugby league in the first place.

Palasia's try.. look, he's run a good line there but it was at least a metre forward

Nah he absolutely loves the attention. Don't forget he's the one who wanted mega money and unheard of clauses then threatened to go to union and wanted to be able to play before he was 17 or he was leaving the NRL all before he ever played a game. Then he burned the club that developed him since he was 15 by going to their biggest rival even after they gave him an incredible 500k offer per year. He's brought a lot of it on himself.
100% this.
Sure if he was a humble kid who bid his time, repaid the club who developed him, sure feel sorry for him.
But @Kimlo has it spot on, so **** him, **** the Rorters, and **** PVL

It was never out last night. The attacking team can bat it back Inglis/Hodges style and score a try so you definitely can’t catch it before it bounces as the defender either.
I can understand the confusion, the rule is different depending where on the field you are and in different scenarios.

The same play on the sideline is ruled out by the kicking team. If you catch on the full it's deemed out off the kicking team too.

Obviously it's up to the players to know the rules, but it's a strange one.

Watching the footy show. What is going on with thaiday’s hair? Did his mate cut it for him?

Only saw the 30min replay of the game late last night as I was out, but was following the live comm as it unfolded. Delighted. From the highlights I saw we just basically ripped in, didn't take a backward step all night, and targeted the shit out of Walker. The amount of times I saw him cannonballing off TPJ... it's a simple gameplan but super effective. That's what we need to do atm, just do basic stuff really well and it'll get us by.

Mead still has some wheels huh

It's actually quite hard to judge a forward pass in relation to the ground (marker line) when the passer is moving forward.

The ruling is the ball is not allowed to leave the hands in a forward direction. But it's not as simple to observe as that sounds.

If the passer is traveling forward when he releases the ball sideways it will carry with it his momentum and travel forward naturally. The longer the pass, the further it will travel forward. He won't have passed the ball forward, but it will travel forward relative to his position at the point of passing. That's simple physics.

So if you were to judge that from above, the ball will appear to travel forward relative to the ground. It seems very obvious when you use a yard line as a gauge but it can mislead you. It will look even more forward if the passer comes to an abupt halt after releasing the ball.
None of that applied to this situation. Good ball, fractionally forward.

Physics doesn’t have time to influence that ball and if you’re fair dinkum you’ll call that ball lucky at best

48629E71 CAC0 4F0C B282 78C50F83D8A2

Roosters coach Trent Robinson was thinking of resting Sam Walker but didn't forsee him being shut down for the first time by Tevita Pangai Jr and the Broncos wrecking crew:

“I thought about it a couple of weeks ago, but we’ve got a bye in a week and that’ll be a good opportunity for him to rest up. You want to get that balance between being uncomfortable and learning that there’s a lot that goes with the NRL, and also to make sure you look after a young guy coming through as well.”

“I think we’ve had two teams that have moved their back-rowers over to that side to target him, and that’s normal. If we handle it really well then that means they’re going to have to change game plans to target him, so that’s a benefit to us. But when you don’t handle it well, it ends up being a negative for you. The opportunity is there for us to control the opposition game if they do that, but in doing that, we have to defend well and Sam has to do that.”

McHunt

Is it just me or does Gamble throw the flatest passes the history of the game. Every single one is just on the verge. I like the fact that he doesn't rush the pass but geez, every time he gets the ball to the line, I think it's going to be forward.

Roosters coach Trent Robinson was thinking of resting Sam Walker but didn't forsee him being shut down for the first time by Tevita Pangai Jr and the Broncos wrecking crew:

“I thought about it a couple of weeks ago, but we’ve got a bye in a week and that’ll be a good opportunity for him to rest up. You want to get that balance between being uncomfortable and learning that there’s a lot that goes with the NRL, and also to make sure you look after a young guy coming through as well.”

“I think we’ve had two teams that have moved their back-rowers over to that side to target him, and that’s normal. If we handle it really well then that means they’re going to have to change game plans to target him, so that’s a benefit to us. But when you don’t handle it well, it ends up being a negative for you. The opportunity is there for us to control the opposition game if they do that, but in doing that, we have to defend well and Sam has to do that.”

McHunt
I think Robinson mentioning we moved TPJ to stiffle the Roosters was a clear case of vainglorious stupidity. Kevvie moved TPJ to the left because he can play either knowing it would accommodate our rookie Palasia who prefers to play on the right. He's so up his own arse at times.

So much for the great "Roosters system" they keep going on about. He's just admitted he's playing it by ear and has no system at all to look after player welfare.

Is it just me or does Gamble throw the flatest passes the history of the game. Every single one is just on the verge. I like the fact that he doesn't rush the pass but geez, every time he gets the ball to the line, I think it's going to be forward.

It’s like he’s in competition with Turpin on who can push the envelope the most with forward passes.

Asiata also had a “hold my beer” moment.

I think Robinson mentioning we moved TPJ to stiffle the Roosters was a clear case of vainglorious stupidity. Kevvie moved TPJ to the left because he can play either knowing it would accommodate our rookie Palasia who prefers to play on the right. he's so up his own arse at times.
Pretty sure Kev acknowledged outright that this was a game plan to run TPJ at Walker.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.