Round 11 - Roosters vs Broncos

Simple but genius tactic running TPJ into Walker. Other sides will copy this blueprint when they play the Roosters.

Newscorp just copied my post:

Their title: Broncos write blueprint for shutting down rookie sensation Sam Walker

It's actually quite hard to judge a forward pass in relation to the ground (marker line) when the passer is moving forward.

The ruling is the ball is not allowed to leave the hands in a forward direction. But it's not as simple to observe as that sounds.

If the passer is traveling forward when he releases the ball sideways it will carry with it his momentum and travel forward naturally. The longer the pass, the further it will travel forward. He won't have passed the ball forward, but it will travel forward relative to his position at the point of passing. That's simple physics.

So if you were to judge that from above, the ball will appear to travel forward relative to the ground. It seems very obvious when you use a yard line as a gauge but it can mislead you. It will look even more forward if the passer comes to an abupt halt after releasing the ball.
Let’s cut the BS. If the person who receives the ball, at the time of receiving, is in front of the person who passed it. IT IS A FORWARD PASS. end of story. Technically or not make it the fucken rule.

Let’s cut the BS. If the person who receives the ball, at the time of receiving, is in front of the person who passed it. IT IS A FORWARD PASS. end of story. Technically or not make it the fucken rule.
So you could lob the ball forward in the air like a bomb as long as the receiver is onside?

Newscorp just copied my post:

Their title: Broncos write blueprint for shutting down rookie sensation Sam Walker

Not the first time either

ScreenScreenshot 2021 05 23 at 19 37 00 Search Results news com au  Australias leading news

So you could lob the ball forward in the air like a bomb as long as the receiver is onside?
As long as the receiver takes it behind the passer - why not. He has to be behind the position the passer passed it. No brainer and the way it was meant to be.

Wasn’t able to watch the game. Nobody has mentioned Turpin, how did he go?
He was really good defensively, as we can pretty much just expect from him week to week. Few nice kicks. Needs to start running more, he always gets a 10m run, probably down to only running when it's painfully obvious he needs to.

I sort of agree with this ...

when i was growing up the forward pass rule was simple: if the ball travels forward it is a forward pass. to help adjudicate on this rule, the touchies used to run in line with the ball carrier so they were in perfect position to call forward passes. on stronger wind days in meant the players had to adjust their passes to ensure they weren't thrown forward. by either short passes of standing deeper to allow the long cutouts to travel backwards.

then as per usual the idiots in charge of the game fucked with a rule that wasn't broken and brought in this backward out of the hand BS, which makes it extremely difficult for the refs to consistently call. not to mention that they decided that the touchies now needed to mark the 10m line (even with 2 fucking refs on the field), so they were no longer in the best position to rule on forward passes.

It's actually quite hard to judge a forward pass in relation to the ground (marker line) when the passer is moving forward.

The ruling is the ball is not allowed to leave the hands in a forward direction. But it's not as simple to observe as that sounds.

If the passer is traveling forward when he releases the ball sideways it will carry with it his momentum and travel forward naturally. The longer the pass, the further it will travel forward. He won't have passed the ball forward, but it will travel forward relative to his position at the point of passing. That's simple physics.

So if you were to judge that from above, the ball will appear to travel forward relative to the ground. It seems very obvious when you use a yard line as a gauge but it can mislead you. It will look even more forward if the passer comes to an abupt halt after releasing the ball.
And yet when there is a juggle that comes backwards out of the hand they measure it in relation to the ground.

As long as the receiver takes it behind the passer - why not. He has to be behind the position the passer passed it. No brainer and the way it was meant to be.
**** off. Get with the project

You have to think about this harder. If the ball carrier is running, the ball is traveling forward at the same speed. He could pass it backwards but it would still travel forward.

If you want to make it that the receiver must be behind the ball carrier when he releases it, it's possible he could still receive the ball forward of the point the carrier released it. If being behind the ball carrier is the only prereq, then like I said you could lob the ball up in the air to a receiver who starts behind the carrier but passes him on the way to collect the ball.

The psychics of all this is why the rule is that the ball must leave the hand backwards.

And yet when there is a juggle that comes backwards out of the hand they measure it in relation to the ground.
Yes, this one's a bit of an issue. If you're running, drop the ball backwards and stop suddenly, the ball can roll in front of you due to its inherent momentum.

A few weeks ago we were talking about TPJ battling Fifita and compared it to Thaiday having good battles with JWH back in the day. TPJ had a battle with both JWH and Radley at the same time and got the better of them both mentally and physically in the end. The fact Radley was running around like rabid chicken and now is facing 6 weeks is glorious for one reason, TPJ did it all by playing within the rules.

I don't think there's anyone better than TPJ when it comes to that.

But he is so frustrating. Because when he's on like he was last night, Broncos have a tendency to win because he takes on the best forwards in the opposition pack and smashes them out of the game which plays a very big part in the Broncos winning.

But he can't seem to do that consistently. He could be one of the most damaging backrowers in the comp but he lets himself down due to inconsistency.

I don't think there's anyone better than TPJ when it comes to that.

But he is so frustrating. Because when he's on like he was last night, Broncos have a tendency to win because he takes on the best forwards in the opposition pack and smashes them out of the game which plays a very big part in the Broncos winning.

But he can't seem to do that consistently. He could be one of the most damaging backrowers in the comp but he lets himself down due to inconsistency.
No one can be as good as TPJ every week at his best. He's been excellent this year and pretty consistent. I couldn't ask for much more. Sure it'd be great if he could do it every single week but then he's probably a million dollar forward.

And here we go. How the **** does Manu get a fine for his shot which was easily worse than Lodges is beyond me.
I'd love to see them side by side but I don't have the know how to post it.

Here's the Matt Lodge tackle.

Here's the Joey Manu tackle that was charged.

Here's the Joey Manu tackle that wasn't charged.

Active Now

• Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.