Round 11 - Roosters vs Broncos

He'll play centre this year. Pretty sure they're reporting the 6 jersey was offered to him for 2022 onwards. Surely he's smart enough to know he'll need at least a full preseason training there before jumping into games as his regular position
It's always been my thoughts that a player plays in the position the coach wants him to, if the club has any hope of success. Surely the white/siebold years burnt that lesson into us.
Let the marketing department do what they can but you get more bums on seats and higher ratings from winning regardless who plays.
As for the health of the game, I leave that too to the administrators and let the coach whatever he must to make the team successful.
Its happening right now. Kevie has sacked one half after another with the goal of getting them to play the way he wants.
He has removed club greats from the roster and wore the flack, then brought them back as needed (Parker).
Everyone now is playing for their job, and whilst players like gamble make mistakes in execution, they are capable of giving the coach what he needs and playing with careers on the line to give it.
Kevie has given it to them straight, and they are responding. They will still lose winnable games and occasionally have shockers but after this game, no opposing team should be seen as "unbeatable".
I see blue skys ahead.

Watched the Raiders/Storm game, at one point Lewis hit a grubber way too hard into the Raiders in-goal which Simonsson grabbed as it was going over the dead ball line - didn't bounce dead, so line drop out rather than 20m restart because he effectively took it dead. Ginnane and Brandy immediately reacted to his error and explained the rule. Funny that when Ikuvalu did the exact same thing in our game, Voss and Parker acted like they'd never heard of it before and argued that it was probably some ancient technicality that really should have been let go...
It was never out last night. The attacking team can bat it back Inglis/Hodges style and score a try so you definitely can’t catch it before it bounces as the defender either

a lot of passion and effort out there tonight.....cant remember the last time we won in Sydney...

and now Melbourne.....ugh...

Still, our defensive line at times is seriously a worry. Roosters "could" have scored at least 2 other tries last night with better execution.

You can be damned sure the Storm will bring the necessary execution.

How does Staggs get back into this side? Does Kev take Gamble or Kelly out to bring him back? Surely Kev can say to him that right now, the best thing for the team is to keep the 6 & 7 in place and bring him back via right centre?
You bring him back at centre until he’s match fit for 6.

And still, every time he took the ball in the line to pass it, he did so whilst dropping down to his knees. Sometimes the onus needs to be on the attacker when it is a habitual behaviour.

I pointed this out as well to a few mates, it's ridiculous to call it a penalty if he falls to his knees intentionally.

Especially the final pass for the Chrichton try.

How did Radley avoid getting straight sent off?
He should be banned for this.

E2CBVw0VIAMD1eY

Bullimore got 0 minutes. Strange decision by Kev there.
I swear he just gets caught up in the emotion and forgets all about his bench.

Who's helping Kev?....again its the structure or lack of, that makes this place look like a rabble.

Bullimore could have added something in those final 20 mins....IMO.

I swear he just gets caught up in the emotion and forgets all about his bench.

Who's helping Kev?....again its the structure or lack of, that makes this place look like a rabble.

Bullimore could have added something in those final 20 mins....IMO.

Bullimore speed and footwork would’ve been perfect when Roosters were down to 12 men, or a great inclusion during the final 10 of the first half when the broncos were flat lining. Ah well, we won so I’ll just assume it was a master stroke.

Bullimore speed and footwork would’ve been perfect when Roosters were down to 12 men, or a great inclusion during the final 10 of the first half when the broncos were flat lining. Ah well, we won so I’ll just assume it was a master stroke.
I wonder if it's another thing Kev has picked up off Bennett. WB is pretty well known for playing a lot of games with 16 players.

It's weird but it has to be intentional from Kev because we regularly have a bench player with 0-5 minutes.

I don't like the strategy but ultimately I only care about results so I won't criticise it.

That was a bit of a joke game. The sin bins were rubbish, but they also weren't consistent. Manu did the same thing Lodge did, and he did it twice, without being put in the bin.

I honestly believe Manu didn’t get binned because Radley had already been binned twice and the game was already becoming a farce so they let it slide. They can enforce this crackdown all they want but the inconsistencies are already glaringly obvious.

The reason why Lodge got binned was the obvious square up for missing the obvious forward pass that led to one of our tries and the fact we hadn’t had anyone in the bin yet. The Gamble one was perfect situation for them because now they can say there was 2 sin bins per team now and justify the evenness of their decision making.

Absolute farce.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • teampjta
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.