Round 11 - Tigers v Broncos - Post Match Discussion

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
I am honestly getting a bit tired of hearing about the meters Vidot makes. Most of his game as true winger sucks. That is the point. Wait till we play Manly or the Roosters or Dogs again and see what they do to expose Vidot's poor positional play out wide, and what I reckon, is his less than satisfactory ability under the high ball.

As for the win, yes, it's 2 points which we need desperately, and Origin period games are a time for the Broncos, with our spine intact, to get the plays right, which we haven't and which will become painfully obvious when it comes time to play the big boys with full strength sides at the business end of the season.

Last nights flat line (literally and metaphorically) attack sucked. NOW is the time to get it right when key opponents are weakened. It's a golden opportunity. We need to take it with open arms.

Vidot carries 3 defenders every carry and our entire forward pack's shortcomings throughout the game.

He's the best buy we've made in about 10 years. And it was an Andrew Gee afterthought.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
unfortunately if we want Griffin sacked (which its safe to say everyone on here does) then we will have to put up with the way we are playing

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
I was at a dinner party last night so only got to see bits and pieces with the sound off - one thing I did happen to catch was late in the game (about 10 or 12 mins to go) McCullough was hit LATE and HIGH with a SHOULDER CHARGE after he'd got a pass away and the broncos didn't even get a fucking penalty!??

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I was at a dinner party last night so only got to see bits and pieces with the sound off - one thing I did happen to catch was late in the game (about 10 or 12 mins to go) McCullough was hit LATE and HIGH with a SHOULDER CHARGE after he'd got a pass away and the broncos didn't even get a fucking penalty!??

ABC radio commentators didn't even mention that

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
it was a penalty every day of the week. i've seen players get suspended for less. then the tigers have the hide to whinge about the penalty against pat richards.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Joel Luani on Andrew McCullough.

At first it seemed like there had been a head clash given the way both guys were reacting but replays showed that Luani positioned himself for a shoulder charge and got Macca high.

How it was considered not as bad as the Thompson high tackle will do me.

uptheguts

uptheguts

QCup Player
Oct 24, 2013
I was at a dinner party last night so only got to see bits and pieces with the sound off - one thing I did happen to catch was late in the game (about 10 or 12 mins to go) McCullough was hit LATE and HIGH with a SHOULDER CHARGE after he'd got a pass away and the broncos didn't even get a ****ing penalty!??

Was definitely late and looked deliberate , if not deliberate the tackler/ headbutter made absolutely no effort to pull out. All perfectly OK with the commentary team and of course the NSW dominated video refs. I still remember clearly Luke Patten ( video ref) giving his wholehearted approval of Gallen's unprovoked assault on Miles last year when chatting on the ABC with Wilko.. That was a relevation to me and ever since have never expected an even break from the video refs for either the Broncs or Qld.

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I swear if that shot gets picked up by the match review committee...

Dead-set we've been denied four legitimate penalties so far because the referees are too incompetent to do their job.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Yeah that McCullough incident was an absolute disgrace, somebody should be accountable for this!

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Barba - Was atrocious, doesn't need time in Qld Cup, he needs a rest, the ankle is nowhere near right.
Vidot - What a star, why people bag him out I have no idea.
Reed - Very good game for a second-rower out of position.
Copley - Was pretty average but love the fact he supports very well.
Maranta - He has become very good and has some urgency in his run, should replace Barba for a couple of weeks.
Hoffman - Was actually better than some would have you believe, good kicking last night.
Hunt - What a star! He has been taking key moments and an origin pairing of Hunt-DCE in the future is exciting.
McGuire - Clearly had his mind elsewhere, still decent.
McCullough - tackled his heart out and should have earned a penalty.
Wallace - Good talent but has to stop giving away stoopid penalties.
Glenn - Outstanding last night, very well played.
Oates - Will be the best second rower/centre in the world before long.
Lowrie - Tackled his heart out which is his job.

Hala - Not his best game, made one good run.
Hannant - Aside from a poor mistake was very good.
Stagg - Good to have his experience because he doesn't offer much else these days.
Molo - Good first five minutes in grade, I was very impressed.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013

They looked at it a number of times too which makes it worse.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Was definitely late and looked deliberate , if not deliberate the tackler/ headbutter made absolutely no effort to pull out. All perfectly OK with the commentary team and of course the NSW dominated video refs. I still remember clearly Luke Patten ( video ref) giving his wholehearted approval of Gallen's unprovoked assault on Miles last year when chatting on the ABC with Wilko.. That was a relevation to me and ever since have never expected an even break from the video refs for either the Broncs or Qld.

ahhh right, say no more ...

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
It really looks like they don't practice running any lines at training.

yeah thats definitely how it looks.

it certainly seems like there is no work done on how to isolate defenders or create space for your wider men. whenever we run a set play it seems to be run as though there is no thought for what the defense is actually doing.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
Hoffman - Was actually better than some would have you believe, good kicking last night.

i do think our kicking game as a whole last night was quite good and our kick chase was always pretty good.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
His kicking game was better this time.

jd87

jd87

NRL Captain
Apr 4, 2014
just re watched the game again and thought ben hunts kicking game was great. most time he kicked the ball he found open space or sideline. all the times when was caught on the full was from when hoff or barba made the kick. so its good signs tbh hunt is becoming more and more a complete half every week. still a bit of work to do tbh but i think he acknowledges that himself

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
hunt himself admitted on the footy show today that early season his kicking game was poor but he feels like hes improving every week.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
re-watching the end of the game im certain the tigers knocked on in that final bomb where barba then tried to scoop up and run away and knocked on himself. should have been our feed and i daresay the only reason barba was so casual about it was because he thought we were getting the feed anyway. that said its no excuse as everyone knows you play the whistle.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Shane Tronc
  • Howie
  • Sanjit Joseph
  • FACTHUNT
  • Santa
  • Harry Sack
  • Dash
  • broncsgoat
  • Justwin
  • bb_gun
  • eggstar10
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.