Round 11 - West Tigers vs Broncos - Pre-Match Discussion

How does Hodges have fitness issues? Did you watch him yesterday, he was the best player on the field, he's a shoe in for origin. Thaiday I can see the argument against but I'd still have him in the QLD team.

Last edited:
Anyone with a half a brain would have seen last night what a liability Hoffman is. He cripples our attack.

No doubt then that Hoffman will be 5/8 next week.

All we can hope is that Barba and Hunt lift 10000% on last night's performance where there was no organizing, vision or reading the play.

I just hope Oates gets a starting spot.

Anyone with a half a brain would have seen last night what a liability Hoffman is. He cripples our attack.

No doubt then that Hoffman will be 5/8 next week.

All we can hope is that Barba and Hunt lift 10000% on last night's performance where there was no organizing, vision or reading the play.

I just hope Oates gets a starting spot.

Maybe Barba just needs to jump in and push Hoffman out of the way ?

Seriously, it's a comedy act whenever Hoffman gets the ball and has runners at his disposal.

Last night i saw him actually try to pass to a support player ..... he nearly did it but left it way too late and the ball was knocked down by a defender.

Ballplaying just simply doesn't seem to be his go at this level of football..... get him back out wide and let him use his best asset .... ballrunning !!

Maybe Barba just needs to jump in and push Hoffman out of the way ?

Seriously, it's a comedy act whenever Hoffman gets the ball and has runners at his disposal.

Last night i saw him actually try to pass to a support player ..... he nearly did it but left it way too late and the ball was knocked down by a defender.

Ballplaying just simply doesn't seem to be his go at this level of football..... get him back out wide and let him use his best asset .... ballrunning !!

The best part is the massive dummy he throws EVERY time he gets near the line. So convincing!

The sad part is, [MENTION=8215]Morkel[/MENTION], that if he DID pass it more often, he'd likely be making breaks with those dummies!!

Before the game lastnight I was concerned but fairly confident; at half time I was fucking cranky. Full time I was relieved, more than happy. And today I'm just sad.

Tigers is a danger game, they're playing decent football although obviously the loss of their origin players is arguably more of a detriment to their team than ours, considering Farah is their heart and soul. We have a chance, but not the way we played lastnight. If we get back to how we were playing before the bye, we will win even with the big guns out.

Hodges will be picked for QLD for sure; Thaiday I'm not so confident, but he probably will. If Papa had been playing better, maybe not. Will be interesting, QLD has some injury-induced headaches (though not as many as NSW, obviously).

Real danger game here. We are impacted by Origin and coming against a team with some very talented young players who are also impacted as well as us.

Players we will miss or could miss; Hodges, Thiaday, Parker, Gillett and McGuire
Players they will or could miss; Farah, Woods and Richards (Richards would be a shock selection though no doubt)

I'm willing to play Barba in the halves and drop Hoffman back to fullback. I've never been a fan of it but Hoffman's ball hogging is killing our attack and Barba is more willing to use his men and pass.

How does Hodges have fitness issues? Did you watch him yesterday, he was the best player on the field, he's a shoe in for origin. Thaiday I can see the argument against but I'd still have him in the QLD team.
It worried me seeing how sore he looked walking off at the 75 th minute mark. I see your point, and I love hodges , but the guy will need management. I think it's time for Qld to move to someone else and let hodgo concentrate on the broncos.he could def do the job for Qld but at what cost to the broncos.

Well personally, from a selfish view I'm seriously hoping he doesn't get picked so I hope you're right.

Well at least he acknowledges his form has been bad, hopefully he comes back strong, I'm certainly rooting for him.

Hopefully we can see a Molo or other young forward debut.

I'd go with

1. Barba
2. Vidot
3. Reed
4. Copley
5. Maranta
6. Hoffman
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10.Wallace
11.Glenn
12.Oates
13.Lowrie

14.Hannant
15.Kennedy
16.Stagg
17.Hala/rookie/Granville

I read that Ash Taylor played well in his 1st game back from injury. Anyone see him play?

Active Now

• Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • theshed
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Skyblues87
  • broncsgoat
  • Cavalo
  • Gaz
  • eazy-duzzit
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • Wolfie
  • heartly87
  • marw
  • Adammacca
  • Big Del
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.