PRE-GAME [Round 12, 2022] Broncos vs Titans

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Wise words- I was rash watching him 30 times and making a call.

After this little back and forth I went and watched some highlight reels of Ezra so I had a better understanding of his play .
Back in 2018 this hi light vid had him bombing and catching it himself and a grubber for a team mate .
Also kicking as 1st receiver { #7 } when he was playing for Qld .

So he has always had the skills .
Makes me think he was allowing the half back to do the kicking in more recent times ?

Another detail I noticed is the way he carries the ball in two hands and low gives him the option to kick or pass with out having to reposition the ball in his hands . Also can dummy to kick freeze the defence then throw a cut out . Scary !

After this little back and forth I went and watched some highlight reels of Ezra so I had a better understanding of his play .
Back in 2018 this hi light vid had him bombing and catching it himself and a grubber for a team mate .

Makes me think he was allowing the half back to do the kicking in more recent times ?

Another detail I noticed is the way he carries the ball in two hands and low gives him the option to kick or pass with out having to reposition the ball in his hands . Also can dummy to kick freeze the defence then throw a cut out . Scary !

See you're confusing what I said- I didn't say he's never kicked or can't kick or won't ever kick- I said he very rarely has kicked. In fact last game for Souths he didn't kick once.

That's a factual observation from his last 18 months in MM and ISC.

See you're confusing what I said- I didn't say he's never kicked or can't kick or won't ever kick- I said he very rarely has kicked. In fact last game for Souths he didn't kick once.

That's a factual observation from his last 18 months in MM and ISC.

Well one thing I learnt from watching those high lights is the Broncos had best lock him down now before he ends up like Selwyn with every club wanting his signature . I know it`s still potential . But wow what potential .

kicks - scores 2 20 . Kicks twice in one move at 2.30 for team try .3.20 grubber for try . You sure you watched him and weren`t asleep or sumpin ?

Would be a great build up too - Reynolds v Townsend, Oates v Feldt again, JT2 v Haas, Cotter v Flegler, Dearden v Gamble/Mam, Staggs v Holmes, Cobbo v Hammer, etc.
Not sure how this place recovers though if you know what were to happen

Here Ezra is asked back in January at pre season training what he need to do to be NRL ready ?
Answer - my kicking game and where we finish sets . So obviously has new orders from Kev and the coaches .

Well one thing I learnt from watching those high lights is the Broncos had best lock him down now before he ends up like Selwyn with every club wanting his signature . I know it`s still potential . But wow what potential .

kicks - scores 2 20 . Kicks twice in one move at 2.30 for team try .3.20 grubber for try . You sure you watched him and weren`t asleep or sumpin ?

Locked up to 2024.

Reynolds scans are clear, no damage to his groin and he did running today with no issue.

He's good to go.

I reckon a cork or contusion on his inner thigh rather than groin strain / hammy .
He got kneed by the kick pressure man on the the inside thigh while kicking the week before . He was limping for a minute or two after .

I reckon a cork or contusion on his inner thigh rather than groin strain / hammy .
He got kneed by the kick pressure man on the the inside thigh while kicking the week before . He was limping for a minute or two after .
He said on triple m today it’s a recurrence of osteo pubis.

Got that's bad editing... Can hardly watch that video with all the unnecessary fades

Re Mam vs Gamble

Mam obviously has higher ceiling but Gamble is better for the team right now.

Good headaches to have, one has to earn it and the other has to fight to keep his spot.

Also, it could be a great 6&7 pairing for when Reyno retires... Maybe this is the plan?

I'm really coming around to Gamble, I think he's underrated. Whilst he isn't flashy, he continues to get try assists and we continue to win.

Re Mam vs Gamble

Mam obviously has higher ceiling but Gamble is better for the team right now.

Good headaches to have, one has to earn it and the other has to fight to keep his spot.

Also, it could be a great 6&7 pairing for when Reyno retires... Maybe this is the plan?

I'm really coming around to Gamble, I think he's underrated. Whilst he isn't flashy, he continues to get try assists and we continue to win.
The broncos weekly podcast referred to Gamble as “the red cordial Shane Perry”. Thought that was brilliant

****... isn't osteo pubis what plagued the backend of Thaiday's career??

Just to relieve everyone’s anxiety, Billy Slater battled osteo pubis throughout the second half of his career and it didn’t seem to affect the back end of his career at all. Not to mention he played in a position where you’d think with the amount of running and high speed efforts a fullback is required to do it would have a noticeable affect and he was just fine.

It will just be one of those things where if mananged correctly, it won’t be an issue. But it’ll also be one of those things where the more rest we can give Reynolds where possible, the easier it’ll be to manage.

Titans are terrible today. Their attack is non exsistent. Their defence isn’t much better.
If we show up it could be a good boost to our for and against

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.