Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Why do you think fast bowlers have 20-30 meter run ups? So the ball is travelling at 30 kim's / p /h at the point o release.

Why was norman playing fullback? He clearly hates it and cramps up too. I bet he leaves the eels now.

Thought Mago looked good out there tonight, while the rest of the pack just seem to keep on delivering. Boy we have some forward depth!

On our forwards, I’ve said it before, but they are more than carrying their weight and our backs are gradually warming to the task.

The disconnect between them though, what other teams call a halves pairing, is what’s letting us down.

Milford is playing 6 and 7 for the most part, so I don’t get people criticising him for his game tonight. Not his best, but quite simply he is tasked with doing most of the organising - which is just not his natural game. One thing is certain though, he sure as hell can’t be accused of going missing.

Yes, Kodi had a couple of nice touches tonight, but outside of that did virtually nothing.

All that said, I’d rather focus on the bigger picture.

I’m starting to believe we can make a fist of this season if we can just figure out how to play the football that best suits what we do have, not what we don’t.

I actually believe we are taking steps towards this too, and have won 4 of our last 5. Things are starting to look up, there is a ray of hope starting to shine through the clouds.

One final thing; Boyd had a better game but still skirts it up way too often for mine. It’s almost as though he is afraid of being tackled.

More runs, more metres and more tackle breaks (although I have my doubts on that last stat), but I’d trade it all just to be able say I believed he was putting in 100% for the whole game. I just don’t think he is - mentally or physically. And as far as I’m concerned, that’s just not good enough from a Broncos captain.

While the forward pack was pretty fantastic all round, it was very worrying at how quick their PTB's were. Not sure if we weren't dominating the tackles or just playing to avoid ruck penalties, but against a better team they'd have put at least 3 tries on in that second half.

Can we stop with Nikorima at 7. It's just not working, and it showed with Milford having an awful night that no one else did anything and he just kept making errors. And we reverted back to the nothing bombs that drop 20m out. Dargan, Murphy, Scarlett, Nona - just someone else.

Boyd had a better game, still not ideal, but that needs to be his minimum level - no errors, mostly decent positioning and better runs.

Isaako is showing he can be very good.

Oates is next level with the amount of work he does. I know he wants to play forwards, but I'd be perfectly happy with the club giving him an easy 5-600k a season contract to stay on the wing if it's only about the $$. Lodge, Joe O and Su'A all very very good. Quiet-ish night by TPJ's standards, but he was still awesome

Like a few others have mentioned, a pack of Lodge/Joe O, Macca, Moose, Gillo, Su'A and TPJ would be amazing. We need to do everything we can to keep all these guys along with Isaako, Staggs, Haas etc and find a decent halfback, whoever that may be. Some interesting times ahead for our roster

I thought Thaiday had his best game This season, solid tackles and leadership it was good to see. Our young forwards have been outstanding please sign them all up now! Plus Oates. Staggs seems like quality and how about that step from isaako! Two weeks in a row left the player for dead

Milford's confidence is quite brittle. Yes he threw the intercept, which if it made it was a certain try (looking back probably should have kicked), but then later on hesitated when in the same situation causing the obstruction penalty. He needs to back himself always, every good player has thrown an intercept at some stage

Halfbacks have to offer more to compensate their defensive flaws and nikorima is not giving us that.

I honestly don't understand how opposition fans think we get helped by the refs. We get laid on every game and if we lay on them for half the time we are penalized. We get called offside at the most opportune times and we rarely win penalty counts. The refs send an irregular amount of our tries to the video ref, even when they are obvious tries.

I know exactly what to do with him.

4.jpg

Yeah i think Bird will go pretty well with Jimmy the Jet too.

I honestly don't understand how opposition fans think we get helped by the refs. We get laid on every game and if we lay on them for half the time we are penalized. We get called offside at the most opportune times and we rarely win penalty counts. The refs send an irregular amount of our tries to the video ref, even when they are obvious tries.

Because they exceedingly dislike us. So every infraction against us is perfectly fine in their eyes and any infraction we commit is 1000x worse than the same infraction committed by anyone else.

And in the unlikely event we actually receive a penalty, clearly the only possible explanation is sheer incompetence / obvious bias that has allowed such a travesty to occur...

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Locky field goal
  • Manofoneway
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • heartly87
  • ChewThePhatt
  • winslow_wong
  • Thelmus
  • Griffo
  • Big Del
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Culhwch
  • BroncoFan94
  • Johnny92
  • achievedrap
  • Broncos Maestro
... and 41 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.