Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Doesn’t matter, it’s proportional. Look into Newton’s First Law of Motion, or better known as Law of Inertia. See below link and diagrams to help you better understand it without perpetuating ignorance.

Screen+Shot+2012-05-05+at+21.22.38.png

http://theaftermatter.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/physics-of-rugby-forward-passes-and.html?m=1

That’s clear?

[EDIT] A whole heap of unnecessary nerd talk well and truly already addressed in this thread... :notevensayingit:

How bout them Broncos though?

Result was better than the performance, but what matter is that the 2 points are in the kitty. The Eels were probably the better team overal (albeit surgically pushed by the refs for a large part of the game), and we can thank Jennings' butter hands (twice) for not suffering a real upset in Wayne's 800th game against the biggest spoon candidates.

Lodge, Ofa and Oates in that order were my 3, 2, 1 players. Our young engine room is carburating really well, even if they were at times bending with the Eels ferocious kamikaze forwards.

Probably Boy'd best this season. It did piss me off to see him give up so quickly on Jennings chase, but he was otherwise not bad.

Kodi was inexistent as usual in terms of game control and organisation, but did hold his own defensively, and had that sweet draw and pass for Su'A to break the line and put Roberts through for his try.

I liked to see Milford chance the run a bit more and he looked likely a few times. He was also sniffing around for offloads several times... and he'll explode at some point in the season I think, especially if he doesn't have to do the job of two halves.
His kicking regressed this game, although he wasn't helped by the bounce of the ball. That grubber for a Parra 7 tackle set deep in the second half was a shocker though.
Can't blame him too much for that interception. The pass lost speed through Moses grab of his arm, and well... shit happens.

Glad to see Kahu survive that cursed right centre position, especially after that high hit from Moses. Nice assist and great try saving tackle too.

Kotoni just slotted into that right centre position and did his work beautifully. That means sayonara to Opa for a while I think (if no injury strikes).

Rest of the guys were good enough, particularly in defense, withstanding that assault typical of that Eels pack.

Last edited:
Should we give Glenn the flick and try to release him to try and save Su’A from leaving?

on that forward pass no try ... what were the commentators going on about... he passed it behind the 10m line and French caught it over the 10m line ... it was 1000% a forward pass ...

and BTW ... if the ball is thrown backwards, the laws of physics (which i'm confident Corey Norman is not able to defy) say it is not possible for the ball to float forward
Definitely a forward pass but I've seen far worse let go every match.

Should we give Glenn the flick and try to release him to try and save Su’A from leaving?
Glenn is contracted until the end of next season, so no, he will stay.

We can't ditch all of our experienced forwards, but i do agree with doing all we can to keep Su'A.

Glenn is contracted until the end of next season, so no, he will stay.

We can't ditch all of our experienced forwards, but i do agree with doing all we can to keep Su'A.

Su'A wants a starting spot so we give him one.

Yes, Sua played well against the spooners... gillett has done this for years against rep sides

He is also only 20 .. .. what age did Gillett debut in first grade. Can't even consider comparing the 2 yet.

I love these posts. How do you make a player under contract leave?

Yea your right that never happens in modern day does it, no player will leave a club while under contract. Clubs don’t try to get rid of any players that are not wanted or needed. So personally I don’t know but my god the contract means absolute dick in the NRL atm.

let me see, should i trust a scientist who does this stuff for a living ... or a random on the internet ... tough call
Mate it's called momentum.

It's like saying a person in a car crash didn't get propelled forward because the car didn't pass them. The acceleration moving forward imparts a force on the object as part of momentum

The primary force is applied from the hands (backwards or forwards hence the path of the hands is important) but the momentum of the player and hence the ball is also applied as a horizontal force on the ball floating it forward.

Any word on how bad the Jets injury is? They made him walk on it around the whole field, took him about 10 minutes to get to the bench. Isaako was the man for me and Lodge wasn't to far behind.

Just on the intercept I think it was a little to do with the line TPJ ran as well. Milf looked to be running an out ball and he and TPJ just got in each other's way... I think they were both looking to hit the same hole.... so he passed it instead of giving away the obstruction.

If Milf runs a normal line he hits TPJ short who bursts through. If TPJ runs the line outside Milf, then Milf likely slips through for a try as that inside defender was shot and the outside man would then have to commit to milf or TPJ.

I think the good thing to come from it is Milf is actively looking for deficiencies in the defence.

He started attacking behind the ruck in the second half, which I believe was a directive from the coach (based on sideline reporting) and almost busted them from next to nothing a few times.

Good signs that Milf is starting to be able to attack whilst also guiding the team around.

Still need more from Niko though he can't just park himself on that right edge. Need them linking with each other, which almost paid off when Milf went inside ball to Niko but he dropped it. If he hits that hole with vigor Moeroa is no chance

Just on the intercept I think it was a little to do with the line TPJ ran as well. Milf looked to be running an out ball and he and TPJ just got in each other's way... I think they were both looking to hit the same hole.... so he passed it instead of giving away the obstruction.

If Milf runs a normal line he hits TPJ short who bursts through. If TPJ runs the line outside Milf, then Milf likely slips through for a try as that inside defender was shot and the outside man would then have to commit to milf or TPJ.

I think the good thing to come from it is Milf is actively looking for deficiencies in the defence.

He started attacking behind the ruck in the second half, which I believe was a directive from the coach (based on sideline reporting) and almost busted them from next to nothing a few times.

Good signs that Milf is starting to be able to attack whilst also guiding the team around.

Still need more from Niko though he can't just park himself on that right edge. Need them linking with each other, which almost paid off when Milf went inside ball to Niko but he dropped it. If he hits that hole with vigor Moeroa is no chance
These are really good points. From Round 1, I don't think Milf has been helped at all with any of his outside runners. They seem to just get in his road and run funny lines when things are looking promising. In saying that, I think Milf is just holding onto the ball a bit too long and needs to hit a runner a bit earlier. He often gets caught from the inside a lot.

It was a decent win against a team with quite a lot to play for in Parra and they threw the ball around like it was the case too. The younger guys are stepping up which is great to see at the moment. Once we start getting a few more troops back we will only be better for it. I thought Lodge and Thaiday were outstanding last night with the minutes they played. Sure Sam did make some stuff ups but he played some quality minutes along with Lodge because of the lack of experience on the bench. The ability for Bennett to rely on Thaiday to get the job done in pressure situations is why he is always going to be in the team until the end of the year.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • Mustafur
  • GCBRONCO
  • Justwin
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • Alec
  • barker
  • MrMoore
  • Broncorob
  • Allo
  • Galah
  • Waynesaurus
  • Sproj
  • broncsgoat
  • RodF
  • lynx000
  • Brocko
  • Jedhead
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.