Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Well Boyd was shit again... His two efforts on Michael Jennings were abysmal, didn't put his body in front of the player at all and did little weak grabs with his arms, pathetic (Thank god for the try saving defence from offa and Kahu). His lack of speed / desire in the chase on George Jennings intercept was also embarassing. Again he did next to nothing in attack.

Honestly he is a shot duck. He has nothing left. Either sit out for a while and get injuries sorted, or retire. Because at $750k a season, putting in performances like that week in, week out is just not good enough from any player, let alone a captain.

I thought Milf looked good when running the ball last night, yeah some last kick options weren't the best but get a good no.7 that can do that and let Milf do what he does best short kicking game as he showed at times last night.

Well Boyd was shit again... His two efforts on Michael Jennings were abysmal, didn't put his body in front of the player at all and did little weak grabs with his arms, pathetic (Thank god for the try saving defence from offa and Kahu). His lack of speed / desire in the chase on George Jennings intercept was also embarassing. Again he did next to nothing in attack.

Honestly he is a shot duck. He has nothing left. Either sit out for a while and get injuries sorted, or retire. Because at $750k a season, putting in performances like that week in, week out is just not good enough from any player, let alone a captain.

Serious question time, has he slept with your mum or something? Cause you are pretty quick to put the boot in week in week out

I can't believe people actually believe the Eels were hard done by... If they didn't get 7 straight penalties I doubt the game would have been close. We went 60 minutes with a penalty FFS.

Serious question time, has he slept with your mum or something? Cause you are pretty quick to put the boot in week in week out
Have you seen him play?

He is without doubt the worst first choice fullback in the comp this season. He gets the ball and freezes like a deer in headlights. Is almost always out of position, doesn't do strong kick returns, and often stops our sweeping attack plays because he gets the ball and stops running.

We are paying Boyd $750,000 a season.

There are only 2 fullbacks earning more than that in Tedesco and Slater. EVERY other fullback is on less than him. His performances are arguably worse than Corey Thompson who is on around $100k...

Some of the shots at Boyd recently just appear to be bias built up from his early year form when injured.

I'm definitely one that is critical of Boyd at times but anyone suggesting that he was shit last night is just way off the mark.

He was safe as a bank under the high balls and was able to diffuse a few difficult situations by getting to the ball on the full.

At one point Moses chipped one over the top about 20m out looking for dead space in front of our line but Boyd caught it on the full easily hit the deck to stay in field and got us back on the ball. It was a very dangerous little kick that was mopped up easily.

I thought he picked his times better between floating behind the line and coming up in defence. Eels have the most line drop outs this year so they would've been looking for Boyd in the line to kick behind.

We had the back line sweep humming last night. Kahu bombed one when he hogged it instead of putting Oates one on one (something Opa gets crucified for)... and his kick returns were also solid.

To me Boyd is back to where he was early 2017. He's not the guy who will break the game open with an electric run, but he is back to being solid in defence under the bomb and able to finish off the sweep when it's on. His movement also looks back to normal.

As long as he fixes up his timing between floating behind the defence and coming up in the line (which is a coaching issue to me) our defence should remain rock solid.

Di
Some of the shots at Boyd recently just appear to be bias built up from his early year form when injured.

I'm definitely one that is critical of Boyd at times but anyone suggesting that he was shit last night is just way off the mark.

He was safe as a bank under the high balls and was able to diffuse a few difficult situations by getting to the ball on the full.

At one point Moses chipped one over the top about 20m out looking for dead space in front of our line but Boyd caught it on the full easily hit the deck to stay in field and got us back on the ball. It was a very dangerous little kick that was mopped up easily.

I thought he picked his times better between floating behind the line and coming up in defence. Eels have the most line drop outs this year so they would've been looking for Boyd in the line to kick behind.

We had the back line sweep humming last night. Kahu bombed one when he hogged it instead of putting Oates one on one (something Opa gets crucified for)... and his kick returns were also solid.

To me Boyd is back to where he was early 2017. He's not the guy who will break the game open with an electric run, but he is back to being solid in defence under the bomb and able to finish off the sweep when it's on. His movement also looks back to normal.

As long as he fixes up his timing between floating behind the defence and coming up in the line (which is a coaching issue to me) our defence should remain rock solid.
did you see his two measly attempts of tackle on jennings? We are lucky they didn't score. Also, they did a couple grubbers that Milford had to clean up because boyd was again no where to be seen at the back. He just doesn't run around enough like the other fullbacks do, and doesn't loom up in support EVER.

I think people are too easy on him thinking of when he was good. These days he just doesnt put the effort in / his body isn't up to it. There is no change he covers anywhere near the amount of ground (without the ball) as other fullbacks in the comp. Would love to see his GPS stats.

I'd like to point out that I make these assessments having been at all the Suncorp games. I understand he may look better on TV as you don't see his lack of movement out the back. At the game you get to see the movement of the fullbacks quite well and after all the games there this season, he definitely has been less mobile than the opposition fullback on each occasion. Last night Norman was fullback, a position he doesn't usually play and in the final 10-15 minutes he was cramping a lot not being used to the work load. He still had more movement than Boyd in both attack and defence.

I was at the game too and he was good. Talking a lot and safe under the high ball. Teams still struggle to contain that sweep play and that is almost 100% on him. His fingertip tackles last week was bad but over the last three weeks, that is the only legitimate criticism you can give him. Norman was catch the ball and turn into the defensive line. There was no way he was better than Boyd last night.

I was at the game too and he was good. Talking a lot and safe under the high ball. Teams still struggle to contain that sweep play and that is almost 100% on him. His fingertip tackles last week was bad but over the last three weeks, that is the only legitimate criticism you can give him. Norman was catch the ball and turn into the defensive line. There was no way he was better than Boyd last night.
He had finger tip tackles again this week. My point is he isn't putting in anywhere near enough effort for a first grade fullback, let alone the captain. Honestly it should be stripped from him. He doesn't even talk to the boys when a try is conceded. Legitimately the worst captain I have ever seen. Doesn't lead by example, and doesn't talk...

Yea your right that never happens in modern day does it, no player will leave a club while under contract. Clubs don’t try to get rid of any players that are not wanted or needed. So personally I don’t know but my god the contract means absolute dick in the NRL atm.

They need to agree to it or another club agree to pick it up- you can't just say sorry you're not here anymore like you claim when you say every week I'd sack these 12 guys this week.

on that forward pass no try ... what were the commentators going on about... he passed it behind the 10m line and French caught it over the 10m line ... it was 1000% a forward pass ...

and BTW ... if the ball is thrown backwards, the laws of physics (which i'm confident Corey Norman is not able to defy) say it is not possible for the ball to float forward

Boyd was good last night, much better defensively in terms of positioning & under the high ball. Also actually put in some good kick returns to get us on the front foot, people were laying in after he stopped the chase on George Jennings, but he made the correct decision. It was either go at 100%, risk re-injuring the hammy and probably not catch the much younger, much quicker guy anyway, or just reign it in. It obviously wasn't a good look, but it was a fair call.

No we dont. What we do is leave him in the shirt while he is earning it like he is doing now. Nobody at this football club should be given a spot just because they want it.

He obviously has to earn it , and he is. Your kidding yourself if you think everyone has to ear there shirts every week , reputations get shirts these days.

He obviously has to earn it , and he is. Your kidding yourself if you think everyone has to ear there shirts every week , reputations get shirts these days.

You are talking about seasoned professionals who have been there, done it and proved themselves, Not promising youngsters. Sua hasnt earned a reputation to match Gillett or Glenn yet, thats why we wont promise him a starting spot.

One thing I noticed last night at the game is that Boyd was yelling and screaming at the troops when we were defending. He was organising like a boss

I’d take Boyd’s performance last night every week tbh.

Ran the ball a lot better, was involved in the try's,didn't make any monumental **** ups. The contract is already signed so no point ruing it for the next 3.5 seasons.

Boyd was good last night, much better defensively in terms of positioning & under the high ball. Also actually put in some good kick returns to get us on the front foot, people were laying in after he stopped the chase on George Jennings, but he made the correct decision. It was either go at 100%, risk re-injuring the hammy and probably not catch the much younger, much quicker guy anyway, or just reign it in. It obviously wasn't a good look, but it was a fair call.

Boyd was never catching him even if he didn't have hammy problems.

George is much faster than Boyd.

Active Now

• Midean
  • MrRobot
  • Scorchie
  • Battler
  • davidp
  • Skyblues87
  • mitch222
  • Jazza
  • Xzei
  • whykickamoocow
  • Wolfie
  • TimWhatley
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Manofoneway
  • theshed
  • kiwi2
  • Sproj
  • sooticus
  • FACTHUNT
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.