Round 12 - Broncos vs. Warriors - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stewart is not smaller than Macca, no way.

Stewart doesn't play in the middle regardless.

A.McCullough - 186cm 91kg
D.Johnson - 183cm 93kg
G.Stewart - 180cm 97kg

McCullough would have to pack on a bit of muscle to be able to survive at Lock full time, but I think he could do it.

Watmough is the one who plays lock for Manly, but it doesn't really matter. They've got size and quality between all of their middle third runners to make up for it. We have McGuire and Anderson in the front row. Both have been pretty ordinary this year and we'd just get monstered by the NZ pack.

I guess there isn't much you can do with Hannant, Thaiday, Parker and Gillett all out. I'd still have McCullough on the right edge, adding some passing skills to that side and helping them out defensively. I'd even consider moving McGuire to lock for this game... I think that might be his long term position once Parker retires.

It's interesting how they didn't put Hunt at hooker and Wallace would stay in the halves. That's what they've mostly been playing. I wonder why?

It has to be something to do with him resigning with us. It's all changed since he signed the other week. probably said he was leaving if he was gonna stay as bench utility. Super happy with this.

IMO, all the changes are good ones. But with Hunt starting to get consecutive games in the halves, he needs to step up his games and start showing what he is made of. This is his chance to secure a long term halves spot ... The question is, is he prepared to grab it with both hands?

Maybe Hook has been told that Wallace will leave next year after all, and is playing around with possible combos/options ??

Really surprised that Hook has got rid of Maranta.

This is the most positive set of moves I've seen from Hook since he stuck Norman at fullback last year. I've been crying out for Hunt to get a chance in the halves and am delighted to see this is happening. Hopefully it's not just because our Origin pack is out and this is a spine structure that Hook will experiment with for at least 6 weeks.

This is a welcome change, Griffin has shown some balls because the team he named on Tuesday was pretty rubbish.

Excited to see how Wallace goes at hooker since we've all thought he'd be more suited to that role, what's the bet him and Granville make a better combo than McC and Hunt ever have?

Maranta dropped (again) is a good thing even if it's at Kemp's expense.

Very curious about all these changes. Liking them too mostly!

Would have preferred Macca at lock, as he is a very good defender, and we would have benefited from his attacking ability as well...

Wondering what brought the changes about, and whether Hook has been reading this forum? :shady:

VERY positive moves !!

My disgust for Wallace just went down a few notches and I now find myself eager to watch him play. (it feels really weird)

Liking the Prince to half and Hunt in the 6......I should, it's what I've been calling for all along.

I agree with you and McC should be at lock over the back row.....if Hook keeps reading this forum then we might just see that switch during the game. :winky:

Fourex's house is probably a yoghurt factory by now too. :loool:

:tongue_smilie: .......still workin' on the clean up !!

article-2267540-1722FCDE000005DC-257_964x638_zpsf5e45139.jpg

Maranta dropped (again) is a good thing even if it's at Kemp's expense.

How could someone being dropped be at someone elses expense? :laugh:

Whitchurch came in at Denan's expense.

Tell that to Dallas Johnson, Shaun Fensom, Elijah Taylor or Glenn Stewart... All smaller players than Macca.

What???

Glenn Stewart is giving George Rose & Sam Kasiano a run for their money in the huge fat **** stakes at the moment.

And while Stewart wears 13, he plays on the fringe, not up the middle like Parker.

Thought something was up earlier in the week when Macca was named in the back row, thought it was a misprint as Nicky Slyney was slated to play dummy half. It means that Hook has had something on his mind for a few days now and it's about time that he realized that Wallace and Macca were massive liabilities in their current positions. Still have serious doubts about Ben Hunt though but he is very welcome to make me eat my words.
Shame about Kempy as he will probably never play another NRL game but ecstatic to see Whitchurch get a run, this former Stafford Brothers junior is a NRL player waiting to happen, he just needs a few injury free weeks to prove it. The inclusion of Granville is also a bonus as he needs to play every week, he adds a level of spark and energy not seen in this side for at least a year now.
I like the changes and if the Broncos don't get through the SOO period with at least a .500 record, then Hook can kiss his season and his job goodbye. Because we here in B town don't put up with this side not figuring in the post season. Someone would have to pay the price and Hook would be one of them.
Anyways, I have been tipping the Broncos all week and nothing has changed in that regard. I am supremely confident that we will prevail tomorrow nite. God knows we need to.

I would assume that when Granville comes on Hook will perform a reshuffle with Wal into the halves and either Prince or Hunt to the bench, my money's on Prince. For some reason I just can't imagine Wallace sitting on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Broncorob
  • Spike
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.