Round 12 - Broncos vs. Warriors - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wallace to the backrow....:scared:

.......replacing McC

How could someone being dropped be at someone elses expense? :laugh:

Whitchurch came in at Denan's expense.

Well Maranta could've been picked ahead of Kemp on the other wing with Reed back, but both were dropped for Whitchurch.

Looks like Hoffman is now preferred over Kahu as a centre if someone is out.

finally!!!!!!! Wallace to hooker! As a halfback hes boring and uninteresting, as a hooker, he could be a star. So psyched.

Well Maranta could've been picked ahead of Kemp on the other wing with Reed back, but both were dropped for Whitchurch.

Looks like Hoffman is now preferred over Kahu as a centre if someone is out.

Kahu's defence has been Steve Michaels level, he just isn't ready for the centres yet IMO.

Seems to me like he's keen to fit Granville in the team and this is the best way without dropping the others.

It's interesting how they didn't put Hunt at hooker and Wallace would stay in the halves. That's what they've mostly been playing. I wonder why?
I would have kept Wallace in the halves, that is his position and he is a gifted halfback. Agree Hunt should be the hooker.

I would have kept Wallace in the halves, that is his position and he is a gifted halfback. Agree Hunt should be the hooker.

Well, I never actually said I wanted Hunt at hooker. I'm happy the way it is now. :p

I'm now really excited to see this game. I've been saying for years now that I'd love to see what Wallace can offer out of dummy half and I've been impressed in a few short stints that Macca has had in the backrow. It's going to be exciting to see how our team goes, I would love if Wallace stays in the 9 for the rest of the season and Macca can fill a backrow spot, perhaps take Stagg's role.

What the **** happened at training during the week???

There has to be more to this. Will the Warriors see this as a sign of disrespect or a gee up?

Reed makes a comeback which forces Maranta and Kemp out and bringing in Whitchurch? How does that work?

Macca at 13 makes more sense than Lui who is a useless shit.

Why not:

8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Anderson
11. Glenn
12. Slyney
13. Wallace

14. Jake Granville
15. David Hala
16. Jarrod Wallace
17. Mitchell Dodds/Dunamis Lui

finally!!!!!!! Wallace to hooker! As a halfback hes boring and uninteresting, as a hooker, he could be a star. So psyched.

Maybe like Michael Ennis - play in the halves averagely for years then be given the right role and turn into a great hooker.

What to do with McCullough if that happens, who knows. Maybe McCullough and Bunt in the halves next season. The next Kevvie Walters/Alfie Langer

It is a risky move from Hook but it has also been made to tighten our defence which is so like his coaching style. Apparently it is for the Origin period only which I find crazy. I can't find any reason good enough to be moving your hooker to the backrow and your halfback to hooker for a few games. It will be interesting to see if it is a masterstroke or not.

It is a risky move from Hook but it has also been made to tighten our defence which is so like his coaching style. Apparently it is for the Origin period only which I find crazy. I can't find any reason good enough to be moving your hooker to the backrow and your halfback to hooker for a few games. It will be interesting to see if it is a masterstroke or not.

Maybe the players have taken on their typical Origin period mindset of "no one expects us to win, we'll put in a passable effort" because we're the "Baby Broncos" - which was a stupid excuse years ago but shouldn't hold water here when our 1, 6, 7 and 9 aren't playing Origin.

Maybe the players have taken on their typical Origin period mindset of "no one expects us to win, we'll put in a passable effort" because we're the "Baby Broncos" - which was a stupid excuse years ago but shouldn't hold water here when our 1, 6, 7 and 9 aren't playing Origin.

Now they aren't even playing in 1,6,7 and 9. Strange from Hook IMO.

Gifted is not a word anyone would use for Wallace. A tough, consistent, competitive halfback yes, but not gifted or naturally talented.

I really think Wallace could excel at hooker. Any time he slips into dummy half (usually the first 2 tackles after a kick while macca is meandering back onside...) he looks sharp there. Quick one handed pick ups and darts ahead of the play the ball with a nice pass. I really think we would miss his level head and 80 minute attitude if he left and hopefully he can find that role at hooker if Hunt can step up.

I think Hunt would benefit from quicker service from dummyhalf more than anyone. Obviously still finding his feet, he needs more time. The painstakingly slow service he gets from Macca sometimes rushes his decision making, and you see the result - rushed passes or kicks that don't find the mark. That's an area he needs to improve, but I think his confidence will improve if he's getting earlier ball and has that fraction of a second longer to sum up the situation and execute better.

I agree completely IBA, BUT NO KEMP!!!??!?! Oh man, that was the only reason I was going to watch this game being on a Monday night. But now that Wallace is at number 9 that's enough for me to stay interested. Sill, completely disappointed Kemp isn't playing. All those interviews from the paper and Bronocs about him making a comeback and how happy he was to be playing for Broncos. I bet he's devastated too, who knows if his fragile mind will be able to cope with this :)

I think Wallace's solid kicking game out of dummy half will actually really help the Broncos.

P.S - On the topic of Jake Granville, did anyone watch Broncos insider yesterday? Geez, he talks like he's taken one too many head knocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Santa
  • bb_gun
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Foordy
  • Allo
  • Sproj
  • davidp
  • Nerd
  • Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
  • KateBroncos1812
  • lynx000
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bucking Beads
  • Culhwch
  • NSW stables
  • Xzei
  • Mister Wright
  • Financeguy
  • Painin the Haas
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.