Round 12 - Storm vs Broncos - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melbourne usually rests their players a month or so before the finals, when their minor premiership is more or less secure.

Melbourne usually rests their players a month or so before the finals, when their minor premiership is more or less secure.

Yeh, which isn't too bad but I still prefer Griffin's method. Griffin's method only works if you have a good start so we do need to find another way as well IMO.
Personally, without disrespecting shitter teams... we need to find avenues where we can rest our players. It is defs something to look into.

Fearful of a Slater masterclass tonight.

Yes, i think Slater, and to a lesser degree Cronk, will be out to atone for average performances in Origin 1 :sigh:

It's going to be a wet game...

i just got down here. the weather is terrible! i hope the GA sections at the end of the ground are covered.

You went down to see the storm, what else would you expect?!

The wet weather definitely suits us. We went toe to toe with them last year on a dry track and they ran over the top of us at the end. The wet weather surely goes some way to negating the influence of Slater and the quick dummy half plays they execute so well.

We'll have heavy legs at the end but we're a big chance if we can stay with them.

Wet weather possibly means they'll try more attacking kicks for the wingers and Slater than usual, and it's something that we really struggle with at times...especially on the wings. Hopefully our forward packs rolls all over the top of them.

Replay of the R4 2004 match is on at 6pm. Perfect game to watch in the lead up tonight.

NYC Broncos lead 6-0 too

Correction, it's the R9 2011 game.

Lame.

NYC Broncos lead 10-0 @ the 37th min mark

Who is the number 20??

You at the game? Dunno they weren't named. Will wait and see if they appear on the telly.

Few changes for Melbourne
Smith to bench
Hinchcliffe to hooker with Kostjasyn going into the backrow
Hoffman returns early for Norrie.

Yes. At game 20 did the warm up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Justwin
  • Santa
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Aldo
  • Cavalo
  • Broncorob
  • Manofoneway
  • Astro
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Painin the Haas
  • Sproj
  • Maddy
  • Xzei
  • The True King
  • Broncosarethebest
  • kiwibronco
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.