Warriors

Kickoff In:

McLean Park

Saturday
Afternoon
17:30

Broncos

Team Lists

We need a creator in Fullback though so there isn't much choice.

For one game we don’t, we just need someone who can run a sweep play and organise a line in defence. I would go with Arthars.
We will need it, the team over the past few years has shown it, plus we are missing key forwards.

Damnnnn, we are fucked for this game now.

We need a creator in Fullback though so there isn't much choice.
Cobbo wasn't a creator in round 1 against panthers though.

I'd be happier to go with the best defensive and secure fullback, and looking to grind out a win. Hit ups and meters out of Oates (hopefully), Herbie and Pereira, combined with safety at the back from Arthars.

Grind out the meters and then a strong kick chase from Riki off Reynolds boot.

Warriors haven't necessarily been a high octane attacking team, they've mostly looked to grind out games... can't be looking to gift them field position through errors or poor yardage sets.

Keep them below 14 points and we're in with a chance off the back of Reynolds, Mam, Herbie and Staggs.

I think Arthurs has to be our best bet as he has played the position before and he will still be familiar with most of the Warrior's set plays having just spent two seasons there.

Like @1910 said - Sailor is making far too many mistakes at the back for us to defend. Pereira or Mariner is my preferred option the former for his yards coming out of our end and the latter for his wheels.

I have fears about Sailor which I keep saying- people just ignore the handling errors and focus on the running. He dropped the ball three times on Saturday night and gave away two penalties that's five let offs in a game from an important position.

Round one- dropped two.
Round two- dropped one and a penalty.
Round four- dropped one and sat watching a ball on the dead ball line until Piakura ran 50m and scored- two penalties.
Round five- dropped three.
Round six- dropped one.
Round seven- two penalties
Round eight- dropped three
Round nine- dropped three and two penalties.

It's too much.
Yuk!

Cobbo wasn't a creator in round 1 against panthers though.

I'd be happier to go with the best defensive and secure fullback, and looking to grind out a win. Hit ups and meters out of Oates (hopefully), Herbie and Pereira, combined with safety at the back from Arthars.

Grind out the meters and then a strong kick chase from Riki off Reynolds boot.

Warriors haven't necessarily been a high octane attacking team, they've mostly looked to grind out games... can't be looking to gift them field position through errors or poor yardage sets.

Keep them below 14 points and we're in with a chance off the back of Reynolds, Mam, Herbie and Staggs.
That game was all about defence for us, I think we would of won it easier with more attack, while our last game against Panthers was pretty good defensively the round 1 game was our best Defensive display I remember seeing, and Cobbo made 4 Errors that game.

If you think fullback is our biggest problem this weekend you guys have another thing coming. Forwards to replace Haas, Carrigan and Fleglers metres are going to be more tougher. Some of the forwards will need to have career games to match it with the warriors pack that's big.

If you think fullback is our biggest problem this weekend you guys have another thing coming. Forwards to replace Haas, Carrigan and Fleglers metres are going to be more tougher. Some of the forwards will need to have career games to match it with the warriors pack that's big.
I think that's why a few people are wanting Pereira in for this game.

He could account for 150m... if Oates is also there then we get 150m maybe even 180m from him.

The big thing will be rotation of the forwards.

If we go with 3 middles then they better bloody play!!

Patty and Haas aren't there to play 60mins apiece... and we cant just sub them out and think Jensen and Palasia can pump out big minutes instead.

I want to see Kobe playing 50mins this week.

The other 2 bench forwards is now a big question mark... maybe Willison as he's maybe next one from an experience perspective, but he's not had much game time this year... I think??

Te Kura sounds like he's been going great, but might be too raw... maybe even ineligible... could be a good game to give a debut to though

Logan Bayliss is another, but haven't heard anything about how he's going.

This is where last year we had at least Kennedy and Ryan James to come in and provide something, but that depth is gone this year... unless I'm missing someone??

He's rightly been left out of the QLD squad due to his rubbish defence.
Even more of an exclamation point is that Kaufusi is unavailable, meaning he's well out of the mix. No way Billy doesn't pick Kaufusi for Origin 2 given the way he's been straight up murdering rib-cages all season.

He's rightly been left out of the QLD squad due to his rubbish defence.
And replaced by Gilbert who isn't much better and that's from the middle where it's easier to tackle.

Mariner is a bit of a metre eater himself, don't want people to forget that.

But are they the type of metres that are going to be there? Mariner doesn't run from dummy half- three times this year is it and he doesn't do hit ups. Are Brisbane going to have enough quality ball for him to stand at centre and can he then run and make 140m from nine runs like he does with Rogers giving him the ball in space.

If it's the type of game where he can stand there and get the ball then all good but if he needs to come and win his own ball. I think you'll struggle to see him.

Hoeter and Periera would be much better value if it's a get your own ball type of night.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • sooticus
  • heartly87
  • Kev_Guz
  • Broncosgirl
  • mrslong
  • Mighty Bronx
  • broncos4life
  • Mr Fourex
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Manifesto
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.