Round 13 - Canberra vs. Broncos - Post Match Discussion

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
our kickers love kicking the ball to the best kick return players from the other team

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The only time we think of anything creative is in their red zone. Terrible game plan.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
I couldn't be more pleased with the way what their attitude is and the way they're performing, that's a really positive sign for us. I couldn't of faulted their effort out there, you know that's what you're looking for in your footy team, above everything they're really putting in the effort and playing for each other and competing hard and I thought they were doing that, but execution was just off tonight for whatever reason, whether it was a little bit of flatness and they were a little bit tired but we'll regroup, we'll have a couple of days off and re group Monday in a big game against the Tigers.

You must be getting some good stuff down there in Drugcastle.......

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
our kickers love kicking the ball to the best kick return players from the other team

I couldn't believe a tackle after Kahu went down injured they kicked to the right of the posts....nek minnit, they score under the posts. FFS

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Kearney has poisoned our defence. It used to be our one saving grace

Now it's a block of swiss cheese.

Say **** no to Stephen Kearney - vote1

Not sure who is responsible for our D but it is so tame. No team would be worried about carting it into our forwards because we don't hit with any venom.
I can't remember the last time we actually forced a dropped ball with a big tackle.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
I couldn't believe a tackle after Kahu went down injured they kicked to the right of the posts....nek minnit, they score under the posts. FFS

Yep, as soon as Macca went blind a shaped to kick I was yelling at the tellie to kick left but the nuffie just reefed it downfield with no thought at all.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
It is so sad watching us play at the moment. A seriously dumb football team. We have struggled to do the basics right lately which is always going to kills us when our whole game plan is based on doing the basics right. Prince looked very lively tonight and seemed to take more control. I prefer him in that role as opposed to the second fiddle role he has been playing.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
Not sure who is responsible for our D but it is so tame. No team would be worried about carting it into our forwards because we don't hit with any venom.
I can't remember the last time we actually forced a dropped ball with a big tackle.
Exactly why Dodds has to start. He is not a bench forward, he is not flashy but will get dirty and he is the only player we have that will hurt the opposition in defence

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
It is so sad watching us play at the moment. A seriously dumb football team. We have struggled to do the basics right lately which is always going to kills us when our whole game plan is based on doing the basics right. Prince looked very lively tonight and seemed to take more control. I prefer him in that role as opposed to the second fiddle role he has been playing.

agree 100%

even though prince looked better many of his 5th tackel kicks and whatnot are still just so clueless.

youd think that was something he would have actually improved about our side.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
agree 100%

even though prince looked better many of his 5th tackel kicks and whatnot are still just so clueless.

youd think that was something he would have actually improved about our side.

Yeah his kicking game was poor tonight. both halves were poor in that regard.

simmo77

simmo77

QCup Player
Aug 3, 2009
I wish the NRL had a draft so then I could blame this shit on tanking but alas we are really just shithouse.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
just awful. **** off Gillett. Go and not try somewhere else.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
No, that was a great try

Yes, but that's the only positive. Horrible miss on Edrick Lee. A few times he got the ball, stopped, jinked and just submitted to tackles. Unbelievable.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
just awful. **** off Gillett. Go and not try somewhere else.

Did we watch the same game? Sure he had a little mishap in that first Canberra try and got the ball VERY flat-footed at times, but he was putting his all in to his runs, bumping tacklers off a took a nice catch for his try. There were a lot worse players on the field tonight, including one with a fairly important letter next to his name

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
If we could start with Hala and perhaps Dodds (in the absence of Hannant) we may set a better platform. We can always get Hala off before he tires too badly. Like most have pointed out though our forwards are not the total problem.We have to train the guys to come up in numbers ala Melbourne and others. Some one outs are okay but not all the time. I know the guys are trying and the attitudes okay so I'm not ashamed of the team. We certainly don't look like a well coached side so perhaps Hook is on very thin ice. Replacing him mid season sends outs a desperate message but it is probably desperate times.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.