vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milf would have stayed on the field in an nrl game last night (says a lot about the game's approach to concussion, but that's a different argument). Surely he plays on Saturday, because I can almost guarantee Pearce will.

There are reports that "Anthony Milford will go in for scans this morning for a possible fractured cheekbone.
If fractured, he will be out for 6 to 8 weeks."

Hope he's ok. That would suck

It will certainly spice things up on the forum if Bunj sneaks in ahead of Kodi for a half spot
Bennett isn't going to use his third halves combo in three weeks if he doesn't have to. If Milf is out, Benji will be taking his spot and rightly so.

There are reports that "Anthony Milford will go in for scans this morning for a possible fractured cheekbone.

There are reports Greg Inglis is making his comeback this weekend in NSW Cups.

Milf would have stayed on the field in an nrl game last night (says a lot about the game's approach to concussion, but that's a different argument). Surely he plays on Saturday, because I can almost guarantee Pearce will.
Milf and Pearce are both very long odds on playing on Sat. Neither coach will muck around with head injuries concerning their star halves.

The independent doctor ruled him out, so if he had stayed on the field in an NRL game the club would have likely faced penalties.

The games stance on concussion is to be commended IMO

Milf and Pearce are both very long odds on playing on Sat. Neither coach will muck around with head injuries concerning their star halves.

and honestly Pearce is a bigger loss to the Chooks than Milf is for us ...

we have far better backup available in Marshall and Nikorima.

The independent doctor ruled him out, so if he had stayed on the field in an NRL game the club would have likely faced penalties.

The games stance on concussion is to be commended IMO

I've seen blokes stay on the field in much worse states than Milf was in last night. Not saying it's a good thing, but it happens. Pearce was legitimately out cold, so it's a farce if he plays.

I have no idea how a bloke sitting in the stands can rule milf out for the rest of the game without examining him. Milf stayed down but that could have just been because it fucking hurt, not that he was necessarily concussed.

and honestly Pearce is a bigger loss to the Chooks than Milf is for us ...

we have far better backup available in Marshall and Nikorima.
Totally agree. I think the Broncos are specials on Sat. night despite not knowing the INS and OUTS.

Chris Garry had a coffee with Milford this morning... Stated on social media Milford seemed happy enough... seems doubtful he'd be out and about if that cheekbone fracture rumour was true, not to mention Garry would probably have mentioned it by now...

Anthony Milford ruled out of Brisbane’s clash with the Roosters following State of Origin concussion
Travis Meyn, The Courier-Mailan hour ago
Subscriber only
ANTHONY Milford will be ruled out of Brisbane’s NRL clash against the Roosters on Saturday after suffering a concussion in his Origin debut.
Milford was forced from the field following a headclash with Broncos and Maroons teammate Corey Oates after 60 minutes.
2756c359491dbd89b4a9c68ed5e2741c

Milford was concussed midway through the first half.
He did not return as Queensland lost 28-4 to NSW and the Broncos are expected to be without their star five-eighth for their trip to face the Roosters at Allianz Stadium.
Milford’s omission will be somewhat countered by the absence of Roosters halfback Mitchell Pearce.
STAYING: Hayne will remain with Gold Coast
PRESSURE: What will Walters do?

Pearce, playing halfback for NSW, also suffered concussion from a high tackle by Maroons centre Will Chambers which is likely to see him be suspended from Melbourne’s match against Newcastle on Friday.
Titans hooker Nathan Peats (corked quad) will not back-up against the Cowboys on Saturday while North Queensland centre Justin O’Neill (concussion) is also in doubt.

I'm not subscribed either, somehow i can still get onto it, sometimes it says the first time subscribe so exit it and go back into it and it works

Bloody Origin. First it cost us against the Warriors last week. Now it's gonna cost us Milf again this weekend.

I'm not subscribed either, somehow i can still get onto it, sometimes it says the first time subscribe so exit it and go back into it and it works
Just go to Google , type in the subject and from the options banner, select news....the article will usually be somewhere on the first page and it should open no problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.